Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Hi Shell you'll luv it :) it works i started sep 2009 and lost 35lb up to end Dec...then fell of the wagon and just restarted on Monday.
I lost 8lb the first week so good luck and enjoy...:D itsy x

Hi everyone, thanks for the support :) hope you are doing well. I started diet chef on Friday and already feel like I have more energy, was hard to resist an ice cream at the park yesterday but I managed haha!! Cant wait to weigh myself on Thursday night just pray I have lost something!! I have been sticking to the plan (which is delicious!!) and having 2 pieces of fruit and then frozen veg with the meals. I have felt like I have wanted something to eat before going to bed but not sure if thatsw just because that is what I am used to. xx

So nice to read your encouraging post Shell, I usually eat something before bed time too. I wondered about keeping one of the snacks for then. Can't wait for my hamper to arrive..

Last edited:
Woooooooooooooooooooo 5lbs off in week 1!!!

Dont even feel like I'm on a diet, the food is great and really filling!! Also eating loads more fruit than usual which is great :) Roll on Thursday night for next weigh in!

How's everyone else getting on?

Oh and Shep I'm from Leigh which is practically Wigan haha!!

xx

Hey, that is wonderful!! Good on you girl, I bet you're walking on air. I weigh myself every morning but will record a 'proper' weight at the end of my first week. I have just measured my hips - Grr!!! :mad:

Thanks for the support everyone :) I've been restraining from weighing myself everyday so far haha. I feel like I have lost again this week but dont want to be too hopeful just in case haha.

Have you ever been up North Shep?

xx

I've got a messy weekend coming up on 26th June in Blackpool, cant wait!!! :) Hopefully will stick to diet drinks while I am there though. I guess one night cant hurt and it can be a reward for being good haha!!

Hi, I've been thinking about doing DC and came across this forum which has been so helpful! I bought a couple of the meals to try and thought they were v.nice! My partner needs to lose about 2 stone and I'm the higher end of 'normal' in BMI so would only want to lose half a stone to get a better body shape. My only worry is the cost - for 2 of us is going to be about £400 p/m which seems like alot of money, especially as I pay for all the food for us, and I need to add on fruit, veg , etc on top. I was thinking about getting one box to share and supplementing it with the pouches in the supermarket and seeing how it goes. What do you think?

Does anyone know who makes the milkshakes/porridge/granola? I would like to give these a try before ordering a box.

How's everyone doing on the diet? I've loved reading all the post so far :)

Hiya MrsT2B!!

Well I'm into my 3rd week of Diet Chef and lost 7.5lbs so far :) soooooo happy. The meals are great! I think you could use any porridge, the meals and soups are Diet Chefs own but the granola is by Lizis, it tastes AMAZING!! They also do some biscuits and bars which I will try to remember the name, if not I will find out for you. Maybe ring them up and see if they will do you a deal for 2 people? The people on the phone are really nice!! I'm loving the diet, into my 3rd week now and not even tempted to cheat :)

Any more questions just ask :)

Hi MrsT2B

I started with DC in January, have had about 5 weeks when I've eaten normally due to holidays etc (I've paid for their food so I'm going to have it!!) and so far have lost just over 3 stones and have another 12lbs to g. I've tried lots of diets and this is the first one that's ever worked for me, probably because you're not normally hungry and you can cheat a bit as long a you ge back on to it.

I agree that £380 is a lot of money but please remember it's for 5 weeks, not 4. I think the snack bars are Nakd which you can find in some supermarkets but they are not cheap. It may be worth you looking on the DC forum or the QVC DC forum for more ideas.

I'd just like to wish you both the best of luck if you go for it, although you really don't need luck as the diet really works

Hi Shell

Thats really inspirational!!! You have done brilliant losing that much weight! I am so optimistic about this diet, usually I am craving food after 3 days but on this I feel great!! So glad I saw the advert on TV :) xx

Hi,

I am currently on CD and at the moment it works for me. I too looked at diet chef and was slightly confused by their website. Once i have lost my intial weight i was thinking of going onto diet chef so i am ableto teach myself portion size and healthy eating again. My problem is i thought it was really expensive? Do you not agree?? You opinions would really help xxxx

CD? Is that the complete meal replacement diet? I think I would find it really difficult as I enjoy my meals. Diet chef is £190 for 5 weeks so its £38 per week which I dont think is too bad, I probably spend £10-£15 on fruit and veg per week aswell so it works out the same as a weekly shop would personally.

I am finding it really easy and actually dont feel like I am on a diet at all. I have lots more energy and feeling better about myself already.

xx

I agree, it doesn't really cost much more than usual & when I think of what I spent before on junk & binges! I am finding my total allowance of only 1200 calories hard to stick to. Mine today will be more because I had bread with my soup & I will have mixed frozen veg rather than the fresh leafy sort.

Are you finding the 1200 calories hard to stick to? What are you adding? I dont eat bread so I guess thats good for me as a couple of slices easily adds up. Seems to be working for you though? Maybe just takes time to get used to eating smaller portions. I think I'm adjusted now xx

Thanks for all your advice :)

I've emailed Diet Chef politely asking if they would consider a discount if my partner and I started the diet at the same time...hopefully they'll offer something!

I know that alot of the meals are made by Look What We Found and they are about £2.50 - £2.80 each in the supermarket and the soups are £1.30 - £1.80 each. The Nakd bars are £1.99 for 4 so that would be about £5.00 in total without breakfast so with Diet Chef you probably save a little bit of money and get free delivery. Also the supermarket don't stock many choices so the amount of variety is another plus for Diet Chef :)

I can't believe how much everyone is losing on this diet! I can't wait to give it a try!

Back