Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Thanks Itsy. I will check that out. To be perfectly honest tho I am not hungry at all so don't feel the need to eat more. I'm amazed as I have never felt full in the past whilst eating normal food.

There are only 3 products that I am not keen on after one and a half weeks on it: The salmon bake thing (Too watery) The fruit oat bar (Too dry) and the pea and ham soup (Ham was good in it, but soup was bland)...does anyone know what kind of things we can put on our meals eg, salt/pepper/sauce? and if we are allowed to have potatoes? I'm all new to this so just trying to get my bearings.

Well Sunday was my official 1 week weigh in and I'm very happy to report that I lost 6lbs :) I am so pleased...Onwards and downwards...woo hoo :)

Hope everyone else is doing well, would love to hear everyone else's likes/dislikes and meal ideas.

Good Luck all.

Debbie x x x

Hi Debbie, better hurry up or i'll get logged of :D think your allowed sweet potatoes they are low GI.. i use mint sauce..
a small amounts, nice in the pea and ham soup,
mustard,is handy. and Asda do grinders. chilli, lemon herb, roasted garlic,these are great on veg..Hartleys jellies are 10 cals a pot, rice cakes are 28 cals a cake, nice with marmite,and ok to drink,if you like it..add some more later....:D
and a big well done on a fab loss..

Thanks Shep and Itsy. Sounds like very good info :)

I weighed myself on Sunday and was disappointed to see I had only lost 1lbs...but then I weighed myself yesterday and apparently i've lost 13lbs!! Can stress make you hold onto water? All in all in 2weeks I have lost 1 stone 5lbs...Is this even possible???

Debbie

WOW That's amazing Debbie bet you can already feel the difference....well done :D:D:D

Yeah I can...I'm just worried that my scales are playing tricks on me and I'm just seeing things!!

I am so in love with this diet!!! It is so easy to follow and I feel so much better for it.

Thanks for all your support!

Debbie x x x

Yes Debbie i agree it is a great diet and so good food...why dont you get a ticker to track your weight loss www.tickerfactory.com it's great to see your ticker moving...:D

I totally agree the food is really good and quite versatile if you throw a few other things in - in fact 9 year old daughter loves the tomato soup. going to start making some recepies using the food and will let you know what I come up with. Will welcome any other ideas :)

Hi folks!

I got my hamper today - so excited! Think I am going to kick off with the lasagne for dinner. I'm planning to stick to it, because then hopefully I can get it all done in a month.

I originally had at least 10 pounds to lose, but since I ordered the box I've lost 4 pounds... bit of a kickstart!

How have you guys found it?

Hi Dora, great that you've started losing already!

Hope you enjoy the programme, I've just started my second week and lost 4,5lbs last week. I've been very pleasantly surprised at how nice the food has been, actually. While I'm taking a while getting used to eating soup at lunch time, I add a roll and have found it fills me up really well.

How was the lasagne? I might have that tomorrow.

Hi everyone,
I have just started uni and since then, have gained the best part of a stone, having lost a lot of weight earlier in the year. I'd really likely to lose it again before Christmas and I'm considering Diet Chef as it seems very convenient. I'm a bit worried because I tend to eat a lot (I'm almost 6ft so I just about get away with it!) and sticking to 3 meals and a couple of snacks seems scary but I know I've been emotional eating recently and have to get this under control. My question is: can the dinners and lunches be frozen? Are there any options you could advise me to stay away from? The lasagne and macaroni look lovely but I'm not sure what else to choose. What do you make of the snacks available?
Thanks so much guys xxx

Hi everyone,
I have just started uni and since then, have gained the best part of a stone, having lost a lot of weight earlier in the year. I'd really likely to lose it again before Christmas and I'm considering Diet Chef as it seems very convenient. I'm a bit worried because I tend to eat a lot (I'm almost 6ft so I just about get away with it!) and sticking to 3 meals and a couple of snacks seems scary but I know I've been emotional eating recently and have to get this under control. My question is: can the dinners and lunches be frozen? Are there any options you could advise me to stay away from? The lasagne and macaroni look lovely but I'm not sure what else to choose. What do you make of the snacks available?
Thanks so much guys xxx

I'm in the same position as you goldilockz. Have lost weight prior to uni, started uni late September, and now have gained 1 stone (and a quarter!). I am trying to lose weight, but finding it hard to get motivated, especially when I have so much uni work (never known a uni that works its students so hard, I've had 2 exams and 5 assignments in 10 weeks, and I have another 3 exams and 1 assignment due in 2 weeks!!, then an assignment in the hols, and exams when I come back!). I'm thinking diet chef might be a convenient way to lose weight. I've done Cambridge diets before, and similar, but I'm not in the right headspace, so thinking of doing this instead. Would save me having to think to much about dieting, while still getting to eat real food. If you do decide to go ahead and feel like having an online diet buddy, feel free to pm me.

Good luck everyone on your weight loss journeys!

Hey Dreamer!
I'm on day 8 of Diet Chef and I must say, it's fantastic. I found it difficult to adjust the first two days but I have not yet had a meal or snack I haven't loved and I look forward to the meals. I supplement the evening meals with some pasta or a baked potato and they fill me up.

I noticed you're in Scotland, which uni are you at? I'm from Glasgow and went to Glasgow uni for my undergrad. I think they work you pretty damn hard! I'm now in Swansea doing a masters which I must admit, isn't as challenging as my final year. It'd be great to be diet buddies! xx

Hey Dreamer!
I'm on day 8 of Diet Chef and I must say, it's fantastic. I found it difficult to adjust the first two days but I have not yet had a meal or snack I haven't loved and I look forward to the meals. I supplement the evening meals with some pasta or a baked potato and they fill me up.

I noticed you're in Scotland, which uni are you at? I'm from Glasgow and went to Glasgow uni for my undergrad. I think they work you pretty damn hard! I'm now in Swansea doing a masters which I must admit, isn't as challenging as my final year. It'd be great to be diet buddies! xx

Ah I need to change that! I went to uni in Dundee, but have just moved to Leeds a couple of months ago for uni here! Good to hear you're on the diet and doing well on it. I was a bit concerned about the calories (counted them up to between 600 and 700 per day, instead of 1200) but am thinking I probably will order this next week and see how it is. Hope you post your progress :) Will be interesting to see how well it goes (hope it goes brilliantly for you) :)

Hey Dreamer,

Feel free to PM me when you begin. Yeah, the calorie count is low but you're supposed to supplement the meals with fruit and veg and, I believe, a small portion of rice/ pasta/ potatoes at dinner. I couldn't have done it without those. I have a banana and some vegetables and usually pasta at night which really bulks up the evening meal, but I still notice a difference in my clothes. xx

Thanks Goldilockz. Waiting on a trial pack at the moment, but I might wait till New Yr to start properly, as I'm going back up north around next week, and I'm not convinced it would be delivered on time knowing how this weather is affecting things! Hope you're on track? :)

Hey!
That's great news. Sadly, I have fallen off the wagon :( I think it's a difficult time to stay on track. I went to a friend's house to help her put up her christmas tree and she had mince pies: enough said. I'm being as good as possible and trying to eat my diet chef meals (which isn't too much of a chore because they are delish) but at the same time, giving myself a bit of leeway and hoping to get back on track in the new year! xx

Aww it's difficult when it's something you like and they're on a plate for you! Hope you get on track again alright in the New Year, am sure you will :) I received my trial pack yesterday, so will try it tonight and see how it tastes. It looks nice enough :)

ive just started diet chef today. im currently at 16.5 stone . a few years back i went on a diet and lost 4 stone in 3 months ( i say diet...i hardly ate lol) i went down to just 8 stone but that didnt last for long,as soon as i started eating again it all pilled on plus extra. so now im stuck with 16.5 stone of flab and hate every inch of it! so i decided to start diet chef and hear i am on day 1. started off this morning with porridge..was very nice and extremely filling! lunch i attempted to have the thai chicken soup but its was not to my liking so threw it away.didnt eat anything till dinner, at dinner i had the macoroni cheese and added some coliflower and some spinage..that went down well and stopped feeling so hungry!! about 7ish i decided to have my snack so had popcorn and was very yummy!! also had a apple today. cant say ive not felt hungry...felt prety hungry most of the day but hopefully the hunger will curb itself after a few days

hi

i started today had choc chip musili bar for breakfast and soup for lunch then got the shakes in the afternoon, how you doing :wave_cry:

Back