Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Im starting Diet chef on wednesday, tried before minus the willpower but feel now I can do it. lol
Hi Charlie i am in the same position as you i tried DC from QVC it was great value but didn,t like half of the meals so restarted again choosing my own meals so heres hoping.
Wishing you all the best for your new start x

Hi all,
I am also doing Diet Chef. I have been doing the diet for 3 weeks and lost 12lb, which I am really pleased about. :D I love the ease of having all my food at home. All I need to do is chose what meal to microwave.

I love most of the meals. I'm still not sure why I ordered ham and sweetcorn soup and vegetable and lentil soup..... they are not even ingredients I like! Luckily my next box of meals arrives at the end of the week.

This site is really helpful to gain some motivation and inspiration. The first two weeks were difficult, as I had to adjust to smaller meals, than I would usually serve myself. I still feel hungry between meals. I am wondering if it is ok to add some more snacks of fruit and veg between meals? :sigh:

Keep up the good work everyone!

I have been on DietChef for 3 days - liked all the meals so far! Soups - Tomato, veg & chicken & thyme. Meals - pasta bolognaise, mushroom stroganoff and just about to try sausage casserole. Biscuits are very yummy! Strawberry porridge a bit sweet but very edible! :angeldevil:

Still finding myself hungry though at the minute - so trying my hardest not to give in!

Lesley

Hi,

I'm planning on placing my first order with diet chef in the morning. Their live help has just gone offline, and I can't find the information I want in the FAQ!

Are the meals frozen? I would assume so since they send up to 5 weeks worth at a time... That's 35 meals though, and with a family I don't think I have that much room in the freezer!

Hi Valentinis
No the meals are not frozen - they are in packets similar to Dolmio packets - which you just place in the microwave.

Was shocked at the size of the porridge/granola packets though - but surprisingly they are filling!

Hi All finally i have found the DC girls lol
Couldn,t find the right thread too join into.
I am starting DC again at the weekend I did try it from qvc two yrs ago but although they are great value on there you have no control on the food, and unfortunately i didn,t like alot of it as i,m not a great red meat eater.
I have now ordered directly from DC and choosen meals i like so here,s hoping!!!
Lovely too hear all your weight loss stories glad you are all doing so well, keep up the good work xx:D

Hi everyone! I'm a brand new member, just signed up for Diet Chef. My first hamper is arriving on Wednesday - I hope it's as good as everyone says! I'm excited about getting myself sorted out over the summer. I'm so glad to have found such a supportive forum :)

Hi Forest rose
I have only just started today so i wish you luck and i,m here if you need any moral support :)
I have had the granola which is a very small portion but really does fill you up and had a shake which i liked so far so good the food tastes fresh not like other diet meals.
Good luck with it xx

Hi Charlie i am in the same position as you i tried DC from QVC it was great value but didn,t like half of the meals so restarted again choosing my own meals so heres hoping.
Wishing you all the best for your new start x
what meals did u not like? im also looking on QVC at the dinner meals only x

what meals did u not like? im also looking on QVC at the dinner meals only x
Hi Shanny I am quite a fussy eater lol so don,t be put off by me, i don,t eat alot of red meat so stick too the chicken based dishes which are lovely
I didn,t get on with the meatballs and italian pasta but its very much about personal taste let me know how you get on x

I'm just doing my online supermarket shop before starting Diet Chef - I know you can have veggies, fruit and milk with the diet, is there anything else I need? Also, I saw that Mini Milk ice lollies are only 30 calories each, so I'm considering getting some of those as treats - do you think that'd be okay?

I'm just doing my online supermarket shop before starting Diet Chef - I know you can have veggies, fruit and milk with the diet, is there anything else I need? Also, I saw that Mini Milk ice lollies are only 30 calories each, so I'm considering getting some of those as treats - do you think that'd be okay?
Hi yes would be great too support each other i,m only on day 2. Ok if you go on DC website you can do a personal profile which will give you a kcal intake daily that suits your lifestyle, then you can work out if you can have extras, I am finding my average days meals including 250ml of semi skim milk is between 780kcal and 900kcal so can add afew extras but be careful too add your veg and fruit into your kcal intake too hope it helps x

Thanks Crystel, that's great :) I'm at my mum's at the moment with her ancient scales, so I'm going to weigh myself properly when I get home and do my profile. I'm nervous!

Thanks Crystel, that's great :) I'm at my mum's at the moment with her ancient scales, so I'm going to weigh myself properly when I get home and do my profile. I'm nervous!
Ah its horrible when you have too weigh especially if like me you avoid the scales like the plague lol:D
But try not too focus on what you are just what you are going too be at the end nice too have a goal i have two stones too lose but going too do it half a stone at a time x

Hello,

Ive been looking for the best diet to do for ages now and have just come across Diet Chef. After looking at the site, and then finding this thread, I have decided I shall try this one. I have looked into the Cambridge Diet, but i dont think i could not actually eat. I can see there's a few other new starters, so thought would be good to join and share experiences.

Im hoping to start at the end of next week (depending on when food is delivered as i shall be ordering tuesday) so will post again then, but just wanted to see how everyone else was getting along. Thanks x

Welcome rose red, I am also a newbie on day 2, I order direct from DC and it came within 2days so very quick.
I do understand what you are saying about the cambridge diet, as a former Lighter life dieter i couldn,t face going back too no food. Although i did stick too it for 12wks and lost over 4st, it was tough going.
Stay intouch on here you can get some great hints and tips
Good luck with it when you start xx

Hi all,

Rose Red, I hope you do try the diet. I think you will enjoy it (if you can describe any diet as enjoy).

I don't think the diet is perfect..... There will be times when you feel a little hungry, but the diet is convenient, and knowing you have all the food you need is very reassuring. I have been on the diet for a month now and have recommended the diet to some friends.

I have never tried Cambridge, but I did try Lipotrim for two months, a couple of years ago. The weight loss is quicker with a very low calorie plan (Lipotrim was just milkshakes - 500 cal). The problem I experienced was after two months, I rebelled and ended up eating everything in sight. I also had really painful kidneys, as I didn't drink the recommended amount of water.

My sister in law did the diet and lost 3 stone, so very low calorie diets do work for some people.

My advice is to chose the diet which fits around your lifestyle best and the one you believe you will be able to stick to for the longer term.

good luck!

Back