Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. I really do think i am going to do this and stick it out. Ive never actually tried any other diet before, as im always picking and trying to find faults, just as im always trying to make excuses for my weight gain lol so this time i have no excuses as like you said, the food is all there so i dont have any need to stray and at least im actually eating food, so hopefully wont find the need to binge lol also im so busy with work most days (i leave at 6:30am and dont get home again til about 7:30) so this seems to fit perfectly with that.

Its great to know there's so much support on here, so will definitely keep you all up to date as soon as i start. Im going to order tonight, so hopefully i get it as fast as you did, crystel =) xx

Hi all,
Hope you all had a good Bank Holiday weekend. I have found the longer time off a bit of a temptation.

For a bit of inspiration I wondered if anyone wanted to share their short term diet goals, so I can set myself a new one.

I started my diet a day after the Royal Wedding. My goal was to lose 19lb in a month, so when I went out for my friend's birthday on 28 May, I would be slimmer. I was quite successful, I lost 15lb.

I now need a new goal. My summer holiday will be in September, so I would like another goal.

I would like to lose 2 stones or thereabouts by the time I graduate from med school on 15th July. That might be quite an ambitious goal, but it gives me something to aim for - at least I'll be slimmer than I am now for the photos!

Hi again!

Well I placed my order late last week, and with the bank holiday and everything, it arrived on Wednesday and I started on Thursday.

It was the kids birthday the week before, so I spent Wednesday forcing them and my poor husband (yeah, right!) to eat all the left over cake, sweets and chocolate in the house... So far, they love my diet!

I'm on day three now, and have been blogging my progress so far, with as much detail about what I've added, what I've thought of each meal and any side effects I've noticed. I plan to do this each day until I reach my target weight. You never know, it might help someone else take the plunge!

I don't know if we're allowed to post links to blogs here, and I don't want to get myself in trouble so I'll not post it, but if it is ok, can someone let me know?!

Thanks

Hi Valentinis,
I'm not sure about the rules for posting a blog. Is there a way of emailing a moderator?

I would be interesting in reading your blog.

In 5 weeks I have lost 14lb. 2" off my bust, 2.5" off my waist, 3" off my hips and 1" off each thigh. Seeing the measurements change has been more motivational, than the scales!

best of luck with your plan.

Hi guys,

So how was everyones weekend?

So all my stuff came on wednesday and i started thursday. Had quite alot of fun rooting through it all. I even got a few extra items by accident lol... so far so good. Its actually been really tasty. I did feel hungry for the first few days but after that i didn't notice. I didn't like a few of the snack bars, especially that chocolate oaty one, but I've found that special k bars are just as low in calories and are much better.

Does anyone else substitute any of the food they don't like?

I would really love to loose 2 stone before my birthday in August.

Hi Red Rose
I have posted a new thread with my update just called newbies.
Glad you are doing well i,m on day 10 and like you not feeling hungry now missing afew of my comforts but no diet is completely easy.
Yes i do swap my foods sometimes i can,t actually eat fruit and alot of vegetables due too a health problem so i have a little treat instead as can,t seem too give up chocolate lol and a kit kat or milkyway is only 100kcals, think you just have too be sensible x

Diet Chef

Been looking into this alot lately as im getting married in 10 months(excited much)! :)
So me and the other half are gonna take plunge and are signing up to 3 months. Ive got about 2 and half to stone to lose. So is there no weigh ins to go to, or shall i just go to my doctors?

Hi snugglepie
Welcome too you and your partner too the DC group, we have a nice little group of new people on here,
No there isn,t any weigh ins as this isn,t a club, its a healthy eating plan that you follow yourself at home and most of us weigh in weekly and post our weigh losses on here
we all offer each other alot of support as with any plans there are good days and bad lol
For the most i have really enjoyed all the food but it was trail and error once you find the ones you like then its easier.
You have a great motivater for your wedding so i wish you both good luck and post on here for any support or just too let us know how you are getting on xx

Welcome Snugglepie,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You are so lucky. I am still waiting for my man to propose. It's been 7 years and counting....

Alas, there is no weigh-in facility, but you can update your details on a tracker, which appears on your postings. Mine is a little out of date.

Go to www.tickerfactory.com to choose your tracker - sorry I can't remember how to get this inserted in your postsings, but there is advice somewhere on this site....

best wishes for your journey. Having a set date to achieve your goal will be a great motivation.

Good Luck on your way. I must say I have enjoyed it so far and this Friday will be my 3rd way in. I was a lover of WW but it got to the point of no return with it.. counting points great but portion size very bad !!!! anyway loving the posts and good luck to you all

Hello, I'm new here, I've just received my first 5 week pack of Diet Chef and am going to start on Sunday, I would start today coz I'm quite excited about it but I'm going out with friends tonight for a meal and have a family meal on Friday, I know this sounds like excuses but I really want to give this my best shot. Until recently I have always had a healthy BMI but over the last year it has gradually crept up so now it's time to nip it in the bud. I'm hoping to lose about 1 stone.

What days do you all weigh in, I could use the encouragement to keep me on track.

Wish me luck!

@ Puddy,

I have also just brought my first 5 weeks and i am really looking forward to it.
Its not excuses, its sensible. I'm not starting it for another 4 days, because i have my husbands birthday party at the weekend, the way i look at it, is, you pay a lot of money for this, you gotta do it properly, theres no point going for it half heartedly. I ave 77 pounds to lose. I'm setting myself half stone targets at a time.

Good luck and wish me luck :)

Enjoy all the birthday celebrations and best of luck with the diet. I agree, its much easier to start a diet, when you have a quieter week, so you can rest and get the maximum weight loss you can.

I started the day after the Royal Wedding. That meant I could enjoy a buffet and champagne with friends, then start the next day. It also maximised my weight loss (weighing when full of cake, vs a week of healthy dieting:D)

Hi all, new here. I'm starting diet chef tomorrow in a bid to lose the weight I've put on due to illness over last few years. I'm 15 stone 8 at mo, originally 10 stone 3 so that's my ultimate target (a long way off I know) I don't want too quick a fix as the weight tends to go back on and want to maintain weight when achieve target. I've done LL in the past so hopefully I've got the perseverance to keep DC going. I'm pleased to see other peoples success stories so that's encouraging me. How have people found diet? Whats the average weight loss people have experienced per month?

Hi Kbeth,
Welcome too DC I am restarting today I have done DC before but had too stop midway due too some health problems. As we are both starting today maybe we can help each other abit lol.
I like you have done LL so can relate with that as well.
My personal take on it is with LL its very extreme but the whole purpose of the diet is that you go into ketoisis that does take away the hunger, there are pros and cons too that as it doesn,t really train you toowork with real food, with DC the food is nice and gives you the knowledge of portion control, but as weird as it sounds i was hungrier on it as you don,t go into ketoisis, I lost just short of a stone in the first month some do more,
I also gained my weight due too health problems i was only 8st 6 before i was ill and i,m now 3stone heavier, hope too lose about 2and half so here goes
Hope you do ok let me know
Crystel xxx

Hi KBeth, I've just started too (first proper day was yesterday). I have 8 stone to lose in total (it also links to my health, though the treatment caused it rather than the condition, in this case), so it looks like we are both in it for the long haul - me even more than you! I did CD a couple of years ago (very like LL, I believe) and put all of the weight back on (and a few pounds more :sigh:) as soon as I started eating normally again. I'm really enjoying it so far; the food's good for "ready meals" isn't it?

Last edited:
Back