Anyone done LL or Cambridge

sonya80

Hi
Newbie here...well actually a re joiner but not been on for AGES!
I really like the Exante products but wondered if anyone has done LL or Cambridge and missed having the counselling?
I've not done either but wondered how to tackle the issues that make me over eat in the first place.
What do other people do? Books? Forums? Counsellers?

Any help appreciated,
Sonya xx

I have done Cambridge before but found the sessions a bit more of a mini meeting/sales session than counselling.

With exante I have a nice book that I am using as a diet journal to track my progress but also to counsel myself on bad habit and trying to change my associations with food.

I did Cambridge a few years ago. I just found the counselling sessions a bit gimmicky (but that just my opinion). I have actually found greater support on here, and I have been doing food research myself.

I did Cambridge a few years ago - didn't even get any counselling!

I am the same as twinmum07, I keep a daily journal x

Oh I never thought of a journal. I would really love a diary here, but I don't have enough time. I could deffo keep a journal though for some inspiration when times get tough - thanks for the idea!

Did Cambridge few years back. Fully recommend it

I did Lighter Life in 2008-2009 and I found the counselling sessions very helpful, but only because I didn't know I had an emotional/secret eating problem. I didn't know it existed in all honesty (I was 22-23 at the time). Since then, I found this forum and actually this has been more useful in a lot of ways than the counselling, so it's fully doable on your own. There are a lot of motivational and thoughtful posts dotted throughout (though some may be quite old). In any case, removing food from the equation as the first big step helps, it really highlights problem areas which can drive us to eat or self-sabotage. I found that keeping a daily diary is also a really important tool.

Good luck whatever you decide to do. :) x

Back