Anyone eating more than 1200 calories???

pixie-gem said:
Thank you for that. I checked earlier and figured out the BMR was 1599 and if I wanted to maintain then I need 1870, but then they say you want a 500 calorie deficit a day and I got all confused and just went with the mfp one lol xx

I'd eat 1,600 in that case hon. :) xx

Ooh yay :) thank you for that very very much :D xx

pixie-gem said:
Ooh yay :) thank you for that very very much :D xx

No problem - it's very much trial and error, but you don't want to start off at the minimum when you're looking at a process which will take about a year if you do it the recommended way of 1-2lbs a week; you simply wouldn't keep it up. Good luck! :) xx

Hi guys, I'm starting this from tomorrow. I'm at the point where I'm wondering what is going to work, I just can't seem to get in gear. I know all the diets, inside out, all the facts and figures but it just doesn't sink in. I'm hoping this will be a turning point, I'll be on 1797 a day and hope to join one of the weigh ins on this board for accountability - good luck everyone!

My mfp limit it 1540cals and I eat back exercise calories. I try to get as close as I can to my goal. I cant cope on 1200cals or less with two toddlers to chase after and workouts 3-4days a week! I need the extra fuel!

:wavey: On 1700 calories net which means I eat anywhere between 1900-2300 in reality after my FitBit adjustment.

That gets me 1lb per week.

I usually have 1000 calories for dinner so I would not cope on 1200 per day! :D

Glad to see some others on sensible amounts.

P.s. to the lady who talked about 3inches making a difference to BMR - I did an exercise to show someone stubborn - where I ran the figures for the same weight but at 5"11 and 5"0 and the difference was like 150 calories. The only reason height comes into it is because shorter people tend to be lighter, but two people of the same weight at different heights won't have much of a difference in BMR.

Hi I'm just starting but I'm on 1550 a day.

Do you all break it up into meals and snacks or just see how you go through the day and adjust your meals to suit what you have left?

Another person who has a decent amount of calories and loses weight.

Stackhead have sent you a friend request on mfp. Hope thats ok.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Another person who has a decent amount of calories and loses weight.

Stackhead have sent you a friend request on mfp. Hope thats ok.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

HAHA! I wondered who that was! Accepted :)

jellybean87
Hi I'm just starting but I'm on 1550 a day.

Do you all break it up into meals and snacks or just see how you go through the day and adjust your meals to suit what you have left?​

I plan my evening meal the nigt before, as its both the highest calorie and the only one I don't have full control over (I eat with my flatmate - who doesn't know I'm 'dieting') then work with what I have left for lunch/brekkie and snacks.​

Hey, just checking in with all the over 1200 Cals peeps, I'm really enjoying it, feel much more in control of my eating, not sure if it's losing me any weight as it's star week so not a fair comparison but I feel like I've got lots more energy & discipline x

Well I ate at 1600 this week (well between 1400-1600) and I lost 4lb! Yay :)

Hubby wants me to check what he should be having as mfp is telling him 1800 which when he's over a foot taller and 6 stone heavier doesn't seem right to me?
If you could help I would very much appreciate it please :)
He's 6'2, 19 st and 42. Sedentary as has a desk job and wants to lose 4st
Thank you xx

Mfp has given me 1470 but that's sedentary so if I go a walk I've been adding it in... First week though so will see how it goes x

I lost over 5 stone Cal counting and never went below 1400 a day.- that was in 2000.
Now due to inactivity, wine and cheese sandwiches I have put on a stone and went to R. Conley class last week and I am on 1200 for 2 weeks then 1400 for 2 weeks so will see what happens when I up it
I do struggle on 1200 but will have to do it for 2 weeks. My BMC is only 1228 so think I will struggle with that.
Pixie gem in RC book it says - BASIC METABOLIC RATE - Personal Calorie rate of 2260 for a 19st man between 30 and 59 years.
Hope that helps.

I'm on 1550 and it's going ok. I'm only in week 1 so it's just adjusting to what foods are more filling for lower calories. I'm already at 900 ish calories today just from breakfast and lunch but I bought a ready made wrap for lunch and had crisps so I'm not surprised. We're out for dinner so I've been on the website and chosen already and will come in 26cals under my allowance for the day.

I lost over 5 stone Cal counting and never went below 1400 a day.- that was in 2000.
Now due to inactivity, wine and cheese sandwiches I have put on a stone and went to R. Conley class last week and I am on 1200 for 2 weeks then 1400 for 2 weeks so will see what happens when I up it
I do struggle on 1200 but will have to do it for 2 weeks. My BMC is only 1228 so think I will struggle with that.
Pixie gem in RC book it says - BASIC METABOLIC RATE - Personal Calorie rate of 2260 for a 19st man between 30 and 59 years.
Hope that helps.

Thank you systema :)

Hope you find it helpful - if you want to know anything just ask - here to help you.

Hi everyone i have just joined today:wavey:i have a lot off weight to lose and would like some support from like minded people, i weighed in on Tues 4.4 2014 at 27st 5lbs :sigh: so have decided to calorie count i loaded the app myfitnesspal filled in my details and it said for my weight i should start on 1940 calories per day then i presume as i lose my calorie intake will get lower etc. similar to weight watchers points system, has anyone else experienced this and found it works ? please :sign0144:

lots2lose51 said:
Hi everyone i have just joined today:wavey:i have a lot off weight to lose and would like some support from like minded people, i weighed in on Tues 4.4 2014 at 27st 5lbs :sigh: so have decided to calorie count i loaded the app myfitnesspal filled in my details and it said for my weight i should start on 1940 calories per day then i presume as i lose my calorie intake will get lower etc. similar to weight watchers points system, has anyone else experienced this and found it works ? please :sign0144:

Hi! Yes, that's exactly how it works. I started off on that sort of calorie level, then gradually reduced it. Good luck! :) xx

lots2lose51 said:

Also, have you found the part of the forum specifically for those of us who have a lot to lose? It's under Slimming Clubs and goes under the name WEMITTs (WE Mean It This Time!). It's a good place to go for inspiration and support. :) xx

Back