Anyone eating more than 1200 calories???

My BMR is 1409 what would you say is best to lose weight as mfp and other weight loss calculators have said 1100 - 1200 - such a low amount!

My BMR is 1409 what would you say is best to lose weight as mfp and other weight loss calculators have said 1100 - 1200 - such a low amount!

You want to know your tdee and then take 20% off it

Also you bmr is the least amount that you should eat x

Nessicle said:

Definitely not 1,100! MFP would tell you off for eating less than 1,200. Stick with at least your BMR and see how it goes. :) xx

Hi, I've just started calorie counting (2nd day) I worked out how many calories using a similar method id seen in here (BMR) then the calculation to see how much needed to maintain then reduced by 15% and came up with 1755, which seems alot when reading on here! But couldn't imagine only eating 1200 calories! Im 5'3 and 11.7 oh well suppose I need to see how I go to see if I need to cut down.

I lost 1.5st on slimming world but got fed up with it and so weight loss stopped as I wasn't sticking to it.

Good luck everyone :)

I am 14st 3lbs and having 1660. This is what MFP calculated me as. Going play it by ear as.this is my first week!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi. My calories should be 1570 a day but depending on how hungry I feel I eat between 1300 and 1570. I excercise every day either by walking or going to classes and I don't eat back my exercise calories as im not hungry. Have just moved from slimming world cos I was getting bored.

Hi are you finding the swap ok from sw. I keep doing sw but get bored and gain what I've lossed. Am wanting to try calorie counting to see if its better for me xx

I have found swapping from SW to CC more positive for me as it has helped me with porition control. But then everyone is different, you have to try these things to see what suits you!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The thing that annoyed me about sw is that I did feel really restricted in what I could eat, unless you plan ahead all the time you can get stuck for something to eat. With cc you can eat what you want as long as you fit it into your calories. I know my losses will be lower with cc (lost 1lb my first week but on slimming world could lose about 3lb a week) but I feel a bit more relaxed about food now :)

Does anyone use my fitness pal to track their calories? I like to look at peoples diaries to see how everyone uses their calories and how they're spread through the day. But the few diaries on here people seem to only have 1200 cals :eek: don't think I could live on that at the minute

Back