anyone else got a rubbish/indifferent consultant?

Can't believe what a mixed bag they are...just a matter of luck whether you get a good consultant, or at least one who likes you, I suppose.

I am finding a new group as my old one is drop-in, so weigh in only, no image therapy. The consultant was ok the week I joined, but told me I could only do green days as a vegetarian, which isn't true. Also, a couple of times I've been in, and it's been really quiet, and she hasn't even acknowledged me. It can be quite intimidating if you go in alone, as some other posters have mentioned.

The worst thing though, I ytexyted her with a question and she never responded. Grrrrrr.

Terrible, and I dont get this drop in thing at group. I really thought all consultants had to do I T!!! It states this in our literature we are given in the orange pack! Not good at all, and no doubt you still pay the £4.95 a week fee! Does anyone know if there are such groups or whether the consultant is just not bothering to do her job properly? Sorry rant over :(

My consultant was lovely the first week but has never spoken to me since. It is very uncomfortable going alone everyone knows each other in the group and sit together I have been for 4 weeks now and no one has spoken to me you would think the consultant would see I was on my own and come over for even one min chat to see how my week has been. I went to another group last week as I couldn't go to my normal one but I didn't stay at the new group as I had to go but the consultant seemed to be going round chatting to people so I might stay forte meeting tonight and see if I prefer that one.

Aw chantsy 86 so sorry to hear that, thats also truly terrible. If you came to my group (meaning the group I attend, I'm not a consultant) I would come and sit with you. Try and stay for the meetings as its only really by doing this that you get to build a social circle.Did she not even mention yr week in I T? Think some of these consultants need a bit of a shake up. They really should have a bit of empathy with their members, especially the new ones who sit on their own. Thats why I always sit with new members and help them settle in

I think with the drop in groups, if you specifically request it, the consultant will stay and chat with you after you've weighed in, but to me, that's not really the same as IT. I'm also a bit shy approaching her, as I was a single joiner and haven't really had a chnac to talk to anyone as they're all in then straight out.

I am joining a new group though, with IT soon.

And yes, it's still £4.95 x

Yea I'm not letting it put me off I do like to stay for the meetings for tips and it makes me wanna do well the following week I only didn't stay last week because my partner had to go to work n baby was in bed so I had to get back for him to go but I'm going to stay tonight it's a different group so hopefully I'll prefer it. If I keep going I'm sure some more new people will come n I'll make an effort to talk to them. I think it's just finding the right group for you. Just hoping for a loss tonight :-/.

Well you sound well motivated anyway. Just wish I could help you. Our group is great and the consultant is so lovely. Always texting support, and we all know we could ring text 24/7 and she wouldnt mind. If she didnt know the answer to something she will say well I dont know, but I will find out and get back to you, and she always does., dont know where we would be without her and thats why I like helping out at group. Hope you go on OK tonight, just let us know what the scales say.

Yea I think I've done ok anyway so fingers crossed yea I've never had a text she did say to me first week if you need anything text me but there was no number anywhere I find I get more support on here n looking online at recipes. I'll let you know later thank you x

wow its amazing that there are so many rubbish consultants and groups out there. When I first joined I went to a local group which only had a few stay of IT and it was pretty rubbish, the consultant was ok but I never came away motivated, one week had to go to another group because of shifts and have never gone back!
7I joined on my own too and changed group on my own too and it is a bit lonely at first but as people get used to seeing you there and if you make a little efffort to ask someone else how there week has been you'll be surprised how many other people are feeling a bit out of it too.

My consultant is amazing at drawing the group out but for me its the other group members that make IT what it is, I find most of them motivating and friendly and hope they find me the same too.

My advice would be to try and be the person you want other people to be with you xx

hollys nan said:
Well you sound well motivated anyway. Just wish I could help you. Our group is great and the consultant is so lovely. Always texting support, and we all know we could ring text 24/7 and she wouldnt mind. If she didnt know the answer to something she will say well I dont know, but I will find out and get back to you, and she always does., dont know where we would be without her and thats why I like helping out at group. Hope you go on OK tonight, just let us know what the scales say.
Another 1lb off and enjoyed tonight's meeting better think I'll try n go to this one more

I'm feeling exactly the same, have been doing slimming world for 4 weeks now and every time I go to group the consultant hardly says anything to me, I had my half stone sticker last week and she never mentioned me, even though another women got the same (I know sounds petty but it's the whole point of image therapy) I have my daughter with me too and because I'm quite young nearly all of the people in my group are older than me no one seems to want to chat to me, I have made an effort with some ladies but it felt a bit awkward like I shouldnt have sat there :/ I would rather weigh in in the mornings but there isn't another group that I can really go to unless I go evenings not sure what to do, i might see what she's like next week and decide upon that :/

xmandsx said:
I'm feeling exactly the same, have been doing slimming world for 4 weeks now and every time I go to group the consultant hardly says anything to me, I had my half stone sticker last week and she never mentioned me, even though another women got the same (I know sounds petty but it's the whole point of image therapy) I have my daughter with me too and because I'm quite young nearly all of the people in my group are older than me no one seems to want to chat to me, I have made an effort with some ladies but it felt a bit awkward like I shouldnt have sat there :/ I would rather weigh in in the mornings but there isn't another group that I can really go to unless I go evenings not sure what to do, i might see what she's like next week and decide upon that :/

Is there not another meeting close by I've just gone to another one this week and it was better although everyone was a lot older at this one the people were nicer try n look online for another meeting or try another day if you can. If you still go n feel the same Just try n think your there for you to lose weight n for yourself it is horrible I felt the same at my previous group but don't give up on slimming world stick at it x

Such a pity so many people feel like this at weigh in. Its hard enough losing weight and the group experience should be enjoyable not horrible. Stick with it as chantsy says, you will feel so much better in a few weeks :)

It makes me feel sad reading so many stories of Consultants who don't seem to bother much with their members, or seem very supportive.

I feel so so grateful to have the wonderful Consultant I have. She made me feel welcome from the very first meeting, when I joined up. She explained everything to me in detail and told me not to hesitate if I needed anything else explaining - just to ring/text her. She's always so positive and hyper at group, and is always sending round daft SW themed poems/texts, which I find really motivating.

I also like that she's so down to Earth. She doesn't act as if she's better than any of us just because she's a Consultant - she is one of us. As she says, "there's no shame in a gain", especially when she comes back from holiday with gains in double figures - I like that, I can relate to it.

She's funny, kind and very caring. She makes time to speak to everyone in group, even if it's just to say a friendly hello, whether you've been there a year or if it's your first night there.

I actually look forward to going to group on a Tuesday night, because I know I'm going to have such a laugh and come away feeling revived and refreshed. I know without my lovely Consultant & group I'd have never have gotten this far, and I am forever grateful.

Princess_Stevie said:
It makes me feel sad reading so many stories of Consultants who don't seem to bother much with their members, or seem very supportive.

I feel so so grateful to have the wonderful Consultant I have. She made me feel welcome from the very first meeting, when I joined up. She explained everything to me in detail and told me not to hesitate if I needed anything else explaining - just to ring/text her. She's always so positive and hyper at group, and is always sending round daft SW themed poems/texts, which I find really motivating.

I also like that she's so down to Earth. She doesn't act as if she's better than any of us just because she's a Consultant - she is one of us. As she says, "there's no shame in a gain", especially when she comes back from holiday with gains in double figures - I like that, I can relate to it.

She's funny, kind and very caring. She makes time to speak to everyone in group, even if it's just to say a friendly hello, whether you've been there a year or if it's your first night there.

I actually look forward to going to group on a Tuesday night, because I know I'm going to have such a laugh and come away feeling revived and refreshed. I know without my lovely Consultant & group I'd have never have gotten this far, and I am forever grateful.

She sounds exactly like my consultant, I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday before group started (I go early I'm on the social team) and she was just the best ever, made me feel so much better about myself!

I'm not a huge fan of one of mine. I go to two groups because I work shifts. One of them is ace; she talks about weight loss, weight gain, recipe ideas, ways to increase your weight loss and is really supportive. The other one drags on for ages but doesn't really talk about anything in particular and focuses on one or two people each week. Last night she gave slimmer of the week to someone who had lost half a pound less than me, even though I qualified for it? I dont want to go to that group any more :/

My consultant is fab she is in the same situation as the rest of the group she also has weeks where she has had too many social events and has a gain. She often texts throughout the week asking how we are getting on and anything she cn help with. She also posts on Facebook with a couple of new recipes a week. I have done s w a few times and this is by far the best consultant I have had.

Why not talk to her saying you need help and I. She doesn't offer it then look elsewhere.

As for s o w is it not the most weight Lost in a fortnight? So if you had a gain last week and a loss this week you wouldn't qualify for it or am I wrong?

I hope you get it sorted £4.95 is a lot of money to pay just to get weighed x x x

My consultant is fab she is in the same situation as the rest of the group she also has weeks where she has had too many social events and has a gain. She often texts throughout the week asking how we are getting on and anything she cn help with. She also posts on Facebook with a couple of new recipes a week. I have done s w a few times and this is by far the best consultant I have had.

Why not talk to her saying you need help and I. She doesn't offer it then look elsewhere.

As for s o w is it not the most weight Lost in a fortnight? So if you had a gain last week and a loss this week you wouldn't qualify for it or am I wrong?

I hope you get it sorted £4.95 is a lot of money to pay just to get weighed x x x

I thought it was if you had attended WI the previous week, and lost in the current week....but i'm not sure :-/ you could be right actually as in my 1st weigh in (but 2nd attendance) i should have got the slimmer of the week, but instead a lady with a 0.5lb loss recieved it :-/

I thought it was if you had attended WI the previous week, and lost in the current week....but i'm not sure :-/ you could be right actually as in my 1st weigh in (but 2nd attendance) i should have got the slimmer of the week, but instead a lady with a 0.5lb loss recieved it :-/

SOTW is for the most weight loss that week. You cannot win it if it's your first week's weigh in (2nd visit, 1st week on plan)

Back