Anyone else not like meat?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ChubLock, 7 February 2011 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    I am really not keen on meats on the bone like beef, pork and lamb - my OH can't understand but I just don't like the taste I've had experiences of chewy and fatty meat in the past and I just hate the stuff!

He thinks I've just had it cooked badly in the past.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Sorry, I love meat, and can't understand it either. I would quite happily suck the marrow from the bone. My daughter, however, is 10, and has refused to eat meat since she was 4 years old. She says she just hates the taste. She won't eat quorn. Says what's the point in that, it tastes like meat. Thinmk it must be a matter of taste. Her sister is just like my, and will eat meat of any kind, cooked in any way, on or off the bone.

4. tuppers

tuppers Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I don't like the taste of any 'red' meat so beef lamb etc. is out the window. I will eat fish, but if I come across a bone during a meal it can really put me off. Chicken is the only meat I frequently eat, and even then (because I'm always the cook) I will buy only breasts/fillets and I will cut any of the sinewy tissue (such as the line down the middle and the end) and only have what I suppose is pieces of muscle.

I love the taste of ribs, but when I come across fat or veins it can make me feel ill!

I'm a walking food nightmare!

5. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I eat chicken and beef, but I wouldn't be too fussed about giving up meat in the main. I have to be in the mood for roast pork/pork chops and I can't abide lamb - just the smell of it makes me heave.

I have always said that my love of bacon sarnies is the only thing coming between me and vegetarianism lol.

6. tuppers

tuppers Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Haha Snozzberry, I was complete veggie for about 5 years, and it was bacon that broke me!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.