Anyone else starting in January 2009

louale

Silver Member
Hi,

I will hopefully be starting LL on 5 Jan 09, should find out the exact date tomorrow. I know that EmVeg is also starting on 8 Jan, but was wondering if there's anyone else out there starting in Jan?

Would be nice to start a thread for Jan starters, that way we can all keep each other motivated and ready for the 'big day'.

Louale x

Last edited:
hi, im starting in jan, i think its the 1st monday but im waiting for it to be confirmed.

i had my consultation with my LLC on monday and have to say i cant wait to get on this now, i think the next 5 weeks are going to drag alot!!!

emma xxx

Well looks at that - another Emma.

We're getting closer..

Hi!

I found the LighterLife information session on Saturday really inspiring.I feel really hopeful and cannot wait until we start on 04/01/09!:)

Sharon

Last edited:
Good luck girls

You feel like I did a year ago.
This time next year you will have done it.
Good luck :26::33::23::smiley1842::smiley1842::smiley1842:

Hi Sharon

It is exciting isn't it? Just think we'll be starting before you know it. And the time between now and then we would be half way through foundation. So that will go as quickly as these weeks will!

(I apologise if I make no sense. I'm ill and even confusing myself!)

It's great that there are a few of us starting in Jan, sure to be quite a few more, once the llbs have gone on over Christmas LOL!

I had my intro meeting this evening and my start date is 5 Jan, looking forward to getting Christmas over and done with so that I can start a new year and look forward to a slimmer me!

I was walking down the street on my way to the infor meeting and imagining myself next year in June walking through the same streets that I walk every day, but being 6 stones ligher. I imagined that the sun will be shinning and I'll not be wearing a pair of black trousers, dark top and cardigan that hides my body. I'll be wearing a summer dress, a pair of strappy sexy summer shoes and feeling so confident and proud of myself! I just want to hold on to that feeling, and keep telling myself that I can do this!

Role on January!

Louale x

No I'm not really 140lbs underweigh (my ticker), I've just not managed to work out the ticker thing yet LOL

aww good luck everyone! December will fly past and youll be on day 1 before you know it.

i had to wait 6 weeks to start and I found it made me so determined and ready for the challenge ahead.

I used my 6 weeks to prepare for it and one of the things I did was get a note book and right down EVERY reason I wanted to lose weight. From Health reasons to wearing nice clothes. I wrote down things like;

"I will be a healthy weight and not have so many health risks hanging over me"

"When I got to a music festival next year Ill be wearing a cute dress, wellies (without my fat clves spilling over the top) and be happy and confident."

I totally filled the book with thoughts of how I will look, feel and act, I even put cut outs of clothes I want to wear in it oh and my before picture is in there too! When Ive had bad days (which everyone will get, this program is like an emotional roller coaster, you get mostly highs but sometimes so real lows!) I take the book out and read it, its been great.

Just an idea to keep you inspired!

great idea em -I'll start a book today!I knew there'd be a use for those `normal people' store catalogues! LOL
Sharon x

im struggling slightly with food at the moment, i know i have to cut down to prepare myself for whats ahead but im eating everything in sight, to the point i felt physically sick last night.

i know im ready for this, i want this so badly but the waiting isnt doing me any good, i just feel like im delaying myself, does anyone else feel like this?? i know i have read that people dont want food in the few weeks running up to the start but ive gone the other way.x

emma x

im struggling slightly with food at the moment, i know i have to cut down to prepare myself for whats ahead but im eating everything in sight, to the point i felt physically sick last night.

i know im ready for this, i want this so badly but the waiting isnt doing me any good, i just feel like im delaying myself, does anyone else feel like this?? i know i have read that people dont want food in the few weeks running up to the start but ive gone the other way.x

emma x

I guess we all take our own route to the starting date, Emma, be it "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow (January) we diet!" or eating more healthily in preparation. I don't think there's a right way and a wrong way, so long as your head and heart accepts that from the start date it gets serious. Although I found it frustrating not to be able to walk out of my information session and start immediately (I'd had no coffe or breakfast, sure I'd be leaving with the packs!), I am really appreciating the hiatus now, a chance to come to terms with it and tell the few that really have to know (immediate family) and work out how to manage forthcoming events (in theory, actually there's very little before or after New Year).
Obviously if you're really bingeing, there is the risk of gaining more weight before you start - is that a worry? Why do you think you are wanting to eat? is it rebellion? is it that you deserve it now? Only you can answer that, Emma, but so long as you're in control by January it may be better to get it out of your system now rather than slipping up when you're on the abstinence?
Sharon x

Hi,
I am starting in jan...just need the date confirming. I just want to get cracking, but hopefully being the festive season, time will fly by! Think a thread for all us new year starters is definately a good idea as i think my boyfriend is getting seriously cheesed off as it seems to be all i talk about. It's going to be good to have somewhere to vent my excitement!!!

Hi Emma,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, I too seem to be really eating loads at the moment - really not sure why I'm doing this to be honest, but hope that doing LL might give me more of an idea as to why I do this.

I am really looking forward to getting started and am trying to control my eating, but I don't seem to be doing to well.

Roll on January.

Best wishes,
Louale x

Hi,
I am starting in jan...just need the date confirming. I just want to get cracking, but hopefully being the festive season, time will fly by! Think a thread for all us new year starters is definately a good idea as i think my boyfriend is getting seriously cheesed off as it seems to be all i talk about. It's going to be good to have somewhere to vent my excitement!!!

Hi Libby,
:welcome:

Welcome and good luck with starting LL in January.

You need to put your weight tracker into your signature otherwise your posts will keep being moderated... if you click on the link below it will show you how to do it.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

welcome libby!!!

louale, im glad im not the only one, i was thinking last night that maybe its not any more than i would norammly eat im just thinking about it alot more, its the totm as well and i always eat loads for a few days, always have i guess ots these habits im here to try and over come.

i wish i could start now, even though there is light at the end of the tunnel it doesnt seem anywhere near in my reach yet!!!! roll january thats what i say.

emma x

Hi Gary Girl Forever - don't worry too much about the right and wrong ways to enter into the diet... despite my best intentions, I pigged out in the weeks leading up to my start date ("well, I ought to have that, because I won't be able to for a while"... etc) - I didn't stop the carbs either - and was lucky I had no carb withdrawal headaches etc...

It is different for everyone - but don't get yourself in a tizz over it... enjoy Christmas and New Year, put it out of your mind (AS IF!! This is life changing stuff!!) and be ready and raring to go at your first meeting. :)

Libby - welcome to minimins :D Get posting - you can do SO much more from 50 posts +... gives you loads more facilities etc.. and as for your ticker - click on Quicklinks - then Signature, and paste the ticker code in the bottom and hit preview. Good luck :D

This is the most exciting journey you guys will do - it really is completely mind blowing the speed in which the weight comes off - just keep your mind focused, and eyes on the prize (excuse the cheesy cliche!) and you'll be there in no time :)

((Hugs)) xx

Hi guys - how exciting - your time is drawing close!!

Remember too - this will be the last year you make the same old New Years Resolution that we have made for years and years, ay?

Be sure and check out the thread in the Sticky Section: "What to do before doing LL" or something to that effect. There are some good tips in there for your preperation. :)

x

Good luck to you all - I started on 8-1-08, and even before the year has ended I am living a new and completely different life. This will happen for you too!!!

:) :) :)

Hi everyone just wanted to say good luck with everything :). I had my 4th WI last night and can honestly say this has been the best thing I've ever done for myself. Yes there are emotional ups and downs and hard days but it's so worth it.

Emma xXx

Thanks Mini

I must say i was confused a little but now im sorted. Although i still need a crash course in the site from my friend...i can't work out how to put a photo up, it keeps telling me that i'm not authorized to do stuff :(

Back