Anyone else 'weigh in' at a club?

KnitNat

I'm thinking of going to a WW or SW meeting to weigh in every week whilst I'm doing Exante, so I become accountable for my weight losses/gains, instead of doing it on my own scales where if I have a bad week, I can just ignore it if I want.

Does anyone else do this? If so, what have the leaders said about the losses? I'm so tempted to go, but think I'd probably feel quite awful. IDK.

Unless you totally come clean with the class leader as to your diet plan and shes fine with just weighing you, I think its a dreadful idea.

Youre going to beat WW/SW members losses hand down, how will you explain being top loser every week. You could also really demoralise members, imagine theyre sticking to the diet 100% and getting the expected 1/2lbs a week (half a stone a month) and you go every week getting double the results.

If a leader is happy to weigh you knowing the truth then great, but personally I cant see it, a VLCD goes against everything they promote at slimming classes.

Could you not ask someone to do your weigh in for you. or what about going to your doctors practise getting them to do it?

Good point - I hadn't really thought about doing at the Drs (prob because me and my Dr don't really get on when it comes to weight!)

I'm doing a competition with my brother (who's also dieting, though he's on Atkins) to have the biggest % of weight off by June and the most kept off by December. Though knowing him, he'll have given up by February.

I just need someone else to verify my losses, as it were!

I was weighed weekly by the nurse at my GP surgery and sha was helpful for suggestions too as I wasnt on exante at the time. she went through lots of plans with me and was totally stumped why it didnt work for me bless her. really lovely lady and so supportive every week another lb or 2 on "oh dont worry it'll just be...." she would say and each week came up with a theory as she knew i was sticking to what she helped me plan out for the week and I kept a diary etc.
Worth just making a nurse appointment - you can ring and just say can i see the nurse please dont have to have seen a doc first.

or the chemists - our pharmacy has a little private consulting room and i know people who pop in there to get weighed with the pharmasist each week

OOoh, that's a point - I bet the ones in Boots do print outs of your weight, don't they? Might do that. If I have the tickets, then I can prove what I've lost. I knew putting an idea out here would get me some better ones!

good for you for being so motivated :D

my dad and sister were supposed to be doing atkins.... but dads just had a dominoes delivered... erm dont think its changed since i came off it on wednesday and all of a sudden pizza is ok somehow!!! think i am gonna win this one hands down

good for you for being so motivated :D

my dad and sister were supposed to be doing atkins.... but dads just had a dominoes delivered... erm dont think its changed since i came off it on wednesday and all of a sudden pizza is ok somehow!!! think i am gonna win this one hands down

Jeez if youd known a change like that was imminent you could have stayed on Atkins for a few more days ;)

Going to the Dr wasn't the best option for me- I went in fairly sure I was 14st 7lb after weighing myself on two sets of scales. Dr's scales say 13st 4lb! Pretty sure I didn't lose a stone on the walk there :D:D So he took me into the nurse's room and weighed me at 14st 10lb :confused: So very unreliable at my surgery!

I may try going to a pharmasist or Boots to test that the weight I think I am is correct. I weigh myself at work so I'm not tempted to do it too often!

i know!!! Its family pizza day too so my son and partner both had pizza for tea and I had my shake. Sooooo glad we have a dog as Owen doesnt eat the crusts... straight in puppy's bowl and gone no temptation of putting them in my mouth instead of the bin although he left a slice to go in the fridge to have after taekwondo tomorrow ugh... smell it every time i open the fridge now gonna have to drink tap water instead of chilled water I think till he eats it lol

minimoosh - just stick to 1 set of scales and go with those. they do vary from one to the other so stick to your ones at work and only ever use those then you'll know your losses are accurate to you

Back