Anyone finding TS hard - any advice??

Hi, I started TS last week managed to do 3 days abstained from solids, then it all fell apart, feel quite disappointed, I didn't gain any weight luckily, I managed to lose 4lbs...any advice on how to cope??

Hi hun, sorry I have no advise but just thought i'd let you know you're not alone. I'm struggling!!

Hi cholfaith how long have you been doing the diet for? Do u have a lot to lose as well? X

Around 2st so not that much to be honest! I started last week and failed miserably so i'm trying again this week but my god am I craving real food! I must have zero willpower! Determined to stick to it this time. I go away in 5 weeks time and desperatley need to lose the baby weight! x

Once you're in ketosis you should find it much easier. Usually day 4 or 5 for most people xx

Don't give in ladies stay determined, it's cliched to say its hard at the start but gets better but that's the honest truth. If u r finding TS too hard do WS. If u have a slip up, its fine just start again. my major slip includes masses of dim sum in week 9/10. Stick to it and the weight will hopefully come off and more importantly stay off. I have now managed to maintain for a month. Exante def set me up for that. Keep going & u will not be disappointed Xx

Determinationisthekey - your weight loss is brilliant congratulations. What does it feel like to be in ketosis ladies? I think TS is hard however the weight loss is quicker than WS xx

For me the craving food 24/7 goes away! Oh and my energy level goes up.

Although I still occasionally get hormonal cravings!

Hi, I started 01st July, very determined to do TS but really struggling so I've decided to do WS and get rid of all carbs! So far, so good! Day 2 of no carbs at all... But I eat lean meat, chicken, vegetables!

How long did u try TS for, do you not have much to lose?

I tried TS for 1 week right at the start then switched to WS. I lost 11lbs in my first 2 weeks. Weight then came off gradually. Exante says 10lb a month on WS, compared with 14lb a month on TS. I don't consider myself a failure for switching. It needed to happen for me to reach my goal. Some ppl r stronger and have done TS all the way...it's not an exact science. Some do TS in the week and WS at weekends. Most say it gets better even on just pure TS.

The weight loss is more or less the same not much difference really! Good on you love from your stats you have lost a lot!

Actually finding today so much easier then past 2 days! Really surprised! Think once i've lost a bit i might also swap to WS at weekends! Maybe week 4? x

I did 4days 100% last week fell off the wagon, now on day 2 100% I just wanna do 7days 100% and see the reflection back from the scale as my first wk weigh was only 4lbs! Which day are you on?

I've restarted! Failed miserabley last week! So day 3 of 100%.... Feeling good today surprisingly though! How you feeling? Think i'm gonna try stomach a soup later! blergh!!

Hi Charlie where to start?!!!! I did ts last year for 6 wks lost a fair bit went on hols with the girls and never went back on it then a few months ago I decided I wanted to see this thing through to the end and tried constantly to get back onto it without any success. I was going through a bad time personally with a break up and no matter how much support I had on here from the fantastic ladies I just couldn't get into it. It was like a psychological block and I could not get by day 2 and eventually gave up. Now I am healed emotionally and ready to go. I got up Monday and decided this is it and I am now on day 3. Don't get me wrong it has been so hard and I work nights but my shifts are off and on so trying to work out my eating times are so difficult so I just don't eat at all during my shift which is hard as it is a 10 hr manual shift, Also I am doing the gym and 4 spin classes a week so it is either going to kill or cure me but all I can say is your head has to be at the point where you want this more than anything and just keep thinking that when you are soooooo hungry for the first few days. I am looking at the hunger and rumbling tummy as a sign I have been good and that it means the weight is coming off. Lets do this together we are a similar weight I was 14st 4 and want to get to 11 stone so just decide today is the day and go for it we both know how fantastic we will feel when we reach our goal, God I have rambled on so give it your best shot and we can do this we are strong powerfull women!!!!!!xxxx

Hi Candypie, your approach is very good, the forum can be a great place for us if we can motivate each other! It is definitely short term pain for long term gain, definitely gonna do this looking forward to weighing myself once the week is over x

Hello Charlie I'm happy with what I have managed o achieve. It took about 4 mths + to shift 3 stone. I still have 2 meal replacements a day but have upped my cal intake around that. Just had the soup for lunch actually (on hob, with salt, black pepper and chilli flakes then through the sieve for the lumps!!;) good thing I'm off work today).

Will finish up what I have exante wise and then it will be up to me not too large again. U will see that my BMI is still within the overweight range (just! hehe) but I'm fine with size 12s on the bottom and 10 on top. I think mini goals of going for a week 100% is a good idea. Hopefully will be enough time to decide which way to take ur weight loss journey. Good luck to everyone again.

Hi determinationisthekey, did u achieve your weight loss on TS or WS? Everything seems so far away actually can't wait to fit in size 12 again would be overjoyed!

Hey Charlie I achieved my weight loss on WS. Only did TS for 1 week!! Was going stir crazy and so I switched and have not looked back. I have my fitness pal on my phone and put all that. I eat in there. Helpful also for trying to maintain the weight I am now...

Back