anyone got to target but then wanted to lose more/felt it wasnt enough

im 1.5 pound from target and hope to get it tmw night but despite struggling to lose for the last few weeks am already thinking of trying to get another 7 poubds off - why arent i happy - i wil have lost 5 stone 2 pounds and gone from an 18 to 12 - this was my dream so why is it tainted? why do i still feel like a size 18? wierd......:confused:

You have done so so sooo amazing well done!! But this proves that the number on the scales is just that... a number! Target should be the point where you feel absolutely amazing, confident and happy, maybe another 7lbs but maybe you need to just change your mindset and start loving the new size 12 you :D

After 3 stone i still feel like im my original weight, but im starting to love little things about myself, like my collar bones, and my hip bones are showing through. Im being more accepting of myself, and seeing that number on the scales is just a bonus.

You should feel so proud, because your an inspiration!! ;)

I had a conversation about this earlier with my hubby. I am at target at a size 14, I have come from a size 28/30 and never thought I would get to this size. I should be thrilled but I'm not sure I am.
Im not happy with my body but am not sure that more weight loss will help. I said to hubby I wondered if this is what people mean when they say it is addictive losing weight? Because we are always wanting to improve our bodies so think losing more weight will help?
Its all very strange I think! Well done on your loss I bet you look fab!

I know the feeling
I didn't know what to set as a target weight when I started what did 10, 11, 12 st look like I didn't know what I weighed before I piled on the pounds (stones)
I am now at my second target and maintaining
When I reached my target weight I was happy but...... I had the same thoughts I had met goal so why so was that not enough
I was at the top of my healthy weight range so could lose more without jeopardising health
I maintained for a few weeks a few blow outs with sticking to plan kept me on track I did enjoy those treats a bonus being a target member:)
After a few weeks I dropped my target 7lb and reached it really quickly fortunately
I still see the "old" me when I look in the mirror, but when I get dressed in my new clothes I do believe I look really good
I see old photos and think that's not me lol
We are all critical of our bodies and wish for something different, even the most slimmest beautiful people have something they dont like so we are normal in that sense.
You need to get yourself a sense of achievement - going down that many dress sizes must be fantastic and tell yourself so. When people comment on how well I have done I tell them yes I know it's great isn't it ;)
Are you dressing for your new body shape - I still tend to go to the tent rail lol

Check your healthy weight chart and see where the middle range lies and if you feel you could healthily lose more consider reseting your target
I would recommend maintaining and having a bit of food or drink fun - in moderation, it helped when I reset my target, got a few of my cravings satisfied for the next target

Size 12 is awesome lower than the average uk size
Be proud of what you have done

When you started your weight loss did you ever envisage doing something you didn't have the confidence to do when you were bigger?
Perhaps it's time to break out and join a new club or start a new hobby,look for a new job or go Salsa dancing...whatever floats your boat.

Because I wonder if the single mindedness of being on plan is hard to give up, I imagine it will leave a hole in your routine, although I'm sure you will still live on the plan with a few adjustments.

Also I think it's time for you to get your photos done, save up to get some really nice shots done.
If money is tight (as it is for all of us), go shopping with a girlfriend and digi camera and try on some glamorous dresses and take snaps of each one!

When I was 13 stone and just starting out on my dieting, I remember thinking to myself "I would live in a cardboard box for a year if I could get down to 10 stone". I got down to 10 stone (BMI 25) and like you, wasn't happy. So I set myself a new target of 9 and a half stone. Again, got there and wasn't completly happy. So I said 9 stone. Got there and wasn't completely happy. So I said to myself 8 and a half stone. And yup you guessed it, I got there and wasn't fully happy yet. I'm not 2lb away from 8 stone and I can honestly say that when I get to 8 stone I will be happy because I'm starting to love my body. As long as you stay in the healthy weight range, you can set yourself many targets until you find the weight that's right for you.

I never thought I'd find my happy weight, but I have now :D And so will you!

Congratulations on your loss so far.

I understand what you're going through - I got within a few lbs of my original target and knocked it down 7lbs. I then changed to an evening wi from a morning one - kept the same target weight whilst weighing 2-3lbs heavier in the evening therefore lowering it again. I'm now 6lbs away and have already started thinking about taking it down another 7lbs.

I've lost 3.5stone, nothing I had now fits me, but yet I still see the same fat shape when I look in the mirror (even though I know the scales and clothes tell me different).

I'm beginning to believe target weight should be a healthy weight you maintain easily with a healthy diet, which gives the opportunity for a little occasional excess and doesn't feel like hard work. You shouldn't have to feel like you're constantly fighting a battle to stay at your target.

I've found the switch to maintaining pretty hard. It's really not easy to change from wanting to lose weight to wanting to stay the same. When I look in the mirror I find it hard to see the difference in my body. I know it must be different though because none of my clothes fit me anymore! I notice all the things that are wrong. I'm 1.5lb under target now and am seriously considering lowering it by another 7lbs. I have a very healthy BMI but wanting to lose another 7lbs is not about health it's more about how I feel in my body. I go to the gym 4 times a week so I'm hoping that by toning up and building a bit more muscle I might become more satisfied with my body.

Back