Anyone had any difficulty with the food packs?

cocojo123

I started LL on thursday and i am finding it very difficult to drink the food packs. I started with the raspberry one and I couldn't drink it - I was gagging by the second mouthful. The savory ones seem to be ok but the sweet ones for me are absolutely vile. Ironic since I really have a great big sweet tooth! Is is just me? As I haven't read anywhere else that people are having problems with the food packs. Im feeling great the only problem is needing to go to the toilet constantly. No problems with lack of energy or mood swings as I feared!!

Will I just get used to it? The smell is so overpowering and im dreading having to have the last food pack for the day. However I will not give up!

Jo

there are several of the food packs that i dont like, infact i only now have chocolate, strawberry, vanilla (very occaisionally vanilla) and lots of mushroom soup. I tried several the first week and have re tried them at the end of week 14 but still no good.

Making them with a whisk also makes them much more bearable than hand doing them

Hello

Early days, I know but your tastebuds WILL change! I hated the vegetable pack from day one, tried it again mid-Foundation and again in Development and still hated it. The nut crunch bars (a delight to come!) were horrible to start with and now I use them, even in Route to Management.

Please make sure you have bought yourself a hand blender; it really does make all the difference.

See the first week as a suck it and see - rule out what you don't like and embrace what you do. Try to keep an open mind, if you can.

The volume of water will bring changes!!!

Good luck.

Mrs Lxxxx

Just echoing what everyone has said...as you continue you will find which flavours or combinations work for you. The new bars are a blessing....for the last 18 weeks i have only had the choc shakes and bars I like the shake as i can have them hot, cold, ice cream...in coffee and only this week discovered the muffin recipe which has totally changed my LL life lol!!! Just when you think you cant find a new way you do!! Stick at it...you will soon find and know the ones you like

Mad

at the moment, I am only liking the chicken soup and the strawberry and vanilla shakes! Weird because I loved chocolate... well I still do! But obviously can't eat it!!

DEFINATELY STICK WITH IT! ive only been on LL for 4 days but im staying positive... ive heard so much good news from it...! x

Thanks everyone for your wonderful replies. Im now off to my first weigh in and have successfully managed not to eat conventional food yah!! - Even if i did have to hold my nose and pour it down the gullet!
Dancer - Thanks for the coffee tip! - had my first latte this morning - it sounds all most normal - a morning coffee. However our LLC said not to have too much coffee as she felt that people who drank lots of coffee lost less weight than those who didn't.

I started LL on thursday and i am finding it very difficult to drink the food packs. I started with the raspberry one and I couldn't drink it - I was gagging by the second mouthful. The savory ones seem to be ok but the sweet ones for me are absolutely vile. Ironic since I really have a great big sweet tooth! Is is just me? As I haven't read anywhere else that people are having problems with the food packs. Im feeling great the only problem is needing to go to the toilet constantly. No problems with lack of energy or mood swings as I feared!!

Will I just get used to it? The smell is so overpowering and im dreading having to have the last food pack for the day. However I will not give up!

Jo

I am exactly the opposite - a savory person in 'real' life and yet I cannot stomach the soups - they literally make me hurl.

I find I am good with Banana and just have that - if you have some soups you like just stick with those.

Good luck!

:talk017:

I'm another savoury person in 'real life' but am not keen on the soups (although I don't mind the vegetable which others hate). I mostly have the chocolate and caramel shakes although the latter is a bit sickly.

My tip for shake making is the alloted amount of water, two cubes of ice and bung in a blender. Gives you a nice thick frothy shake.

I love mushroom soup... i dont love the LL M soup! It made me feel sick and my stomach gurgled for hours.

I have banana/stawberry shake for breakfast and lunch. Then soup (dont relly like it). The hotchoc last in the day or carmel. Working so far.. altho now I have had the bars which at the moment are amazing -
as its food may replace the soups I dont like!
P x

Make the shakes into muffins, and the soups into crisps......they go down better (but you can only do one of these a day!

I have a routine now - hot choc for breakkie, bar for lunch, thai chilli as crisps followed by a strawb or banana mousse for pudding. LOVELY!

Back