anyone had upper back pain

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Been in pain since 7.30 this morning with bad pain in upper back, tbh i think its bad trapped wind or indigestion, im sitting here now with hot water bottle to see if will shift. Ohhhh now it bubbling not had that all day and was wondering if anything else than trapped wind, anyone suffer from this and how long does it last for, and i have no other stuff only 10 year old wacking me back before to ease it and didnt. lol if no better in morning think trip to docs for me :mad:

Not sure what it might be whenever I get trapped wind it is round the front of my chest and usually clears if I bend as far as possible. Could you have pulled a muscle or something? If not, might be an idea to ring NHS Direct just to be on the safe side.

Hope you feel better soon whatever it turns out to be

Last edited:
It started last night after packed of crisps damn things. Got to the stage before when i breathed in it hurt then when i burped it went better then back again, but last few mins just nothing but movement at the top like its shifting hopefully, thanks for reply hun xx

sounds nasty - hope it shifts soon, the bubbling sounds strange, could be an almight burp on its way!

I get really nasty trapped wind quite often. A mixture of trapped wind remedies and keeping moving helps, but I usually have to just sit it out and wait for it to go. The pain your describing is very similar. Mine can sometimes feel like it's coming from my lungs-if that makes sense? I really hope it shifts for you soon as I know how horrible it can be.xx

Could be heartburn or indegestion. Have you tried some Gaviscone?

If it is muscular, then unfortunately resting doesn't help, only makes it worse, do some light stretches and see if that helps.

You could ring NHS direct (0845 46 47), or use their online symptoms checker: Self-help guide - Index - NHS Direct :)

Feel better hun xxx

Cheers hun, i had no gaviscone in my house cos i dont normally suffer this bad with it, but its eased off now so not to bad but will keep eye on it today and if still bad then docs in morning, didnt see the need this morning as its warying off. I did the nsh online but nothing for upperback pain with indigestion grrr but thanks again hun xx

I hope you will feel better today Jacquie and your pain eases off altogether, but if it gets 'bad' again - then please see you GP, take care now. X

I get trapped wind pain, I try and stretch my tummy to move it, this looks funny but works... go on the floor on knees - lean forwards stretch arms out in front along floor so your bottom is in the air, raise up on to your knees and repeat, you may feel a bit self concious!! but it does work, try it for three or four times , hope this helps,if it does come back you should see the dr as they can give you some medicine to help, and may give you a scan as back pain in between shoulders can be a sign of gall stones, if you have any of the other symptoms,

Hi love, I had this a week or so ago and it lasted a couple of days then went off and haven't had it since. chances are its trapped wind but if it does start again please do get it checked out but mine went with no more worries - hope this helps xxxx

Back