Anyone here eat quorn?

Jellyt0t said:
The "steak" strips are nice in a stir fry.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've never seen them but do want to try them

Hi - glad I've seen this thread. I love Quorn but unfortunately every time I have had it, about 2 hours later I am chucking my guts up. Tried the mince and the sausages and get the same result. It's a shame as I would have it all the time if I could tolerate it. :(

I just thought it was me so pleased to see that other folk have had similar experiences.

Hi - glad I've seen this thread. I love Quorn but unfortunately every time I have had it, about 2 hours later I am chucking my guts up. Tried the mince and the sausages and get the same result. It's a shame as I would have it all the time if I could tolerate it. :(

I just thought it was me so pleased to see that other folk have had similar experiences.

Sorry to hear that i doesnt agree with you :( x

if anyone is looking for a meat free quorn alternative can I suggest Linda McCartney's range?? it really is the best meat free range i have come across. her sausages are so much more flavourful than quorn and her mozarella and mushroom burgers are just immense!!!! xxxx

I Made Quorn Chilli 2Nite We Prefer It To Normal Mince Its Not Greasy Or Griserly You Need To Add More Flavours Thou As Can B Bland Not Had And Probs With It Either

FatmanSlimming said:
Quorn fillets are on offer at morrisons at the moment, £1 for a bag

Yay!!! Brilliant, thanks for info :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not a vegetarian, but I love Quorn chicken and Quorn burgers. I tried the mince a few weeks ago and found it to be a bit 'mushy'! I didn't find it tasted anything like the real mince!

How would you describe the taste? And how does it compare on EE/red/green, please xx

I love Quorn :) .....but Quorn doesn't love me!! :( thought I'd try it again after not eating it for about a year, had the mince on Saturday evening, I've had the worse stomach pains ever since! Still in agony now :(

I have been eating it for years and never had a problem :) I'm a vegetarian so i'm glad it doesn't taste like real meat. Its a nice alternative, same texture and can be used like mince/chicken/etc would be.

I like Quorn chicken, even better than actual chicken, but the mince.. yack! I can't eat it! :D I'm not vegetarian.

I like Quorn chicken, even better than actual chicken, but the mince.. yack! I can't eat it! :D I'm not vegetarian.

The mince is completely tasteless on it's own, you have to add stuff to it to make it palatable.
I don't eat meat but my meat eating friends have said they can't tell the difference when it's been cooked in a lasagne or something.

Blueway said:
The mince is completely tasteless on it's own, you have to add stuff to it to make it palatable.
I don't eat meat but my meat eating friends have said they can't tell the difference when it's been cooked in a lasagne or something.

The mince is pob the worse quoin product, the rest are nice,

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Just a quick update to say that Quorn sausages are no longer free and are now 1 Syn each after a recipe change.

Still worth it IMO.

Back