Anyone in North Cornwall / North Devon on a VLCD?

ive been eating again :sigh: sod it sod it sod it!!!! im gonna bust devonbabes scales lol.

DIBS!!! are you definately going to the meet then?

Nag Nag Nag

As far as i know yes. I'll stay with my mum but she always meets my auntie in town saturday's anyway so i'll tag along with them, then come up to the Christopher (all bar one for you newbies).
As for the evening - i used to cheat on LT because i was always out on the beer :devilangel:- this time i thought - right nothing planned i'll go for it - never imagined you lot would be the ones leading me astray :whistle::giveup: - however i feel it is my duty to follow you around all the pubs to make sure you don't get lost and can find your way back to your hotel....;) you might have to put up with one of my mates tho as she always tracks my down when i'm up there. She's on SW anyway but one of those skinny birds that goes along cos she needs to lose a few ounces :mad:

PS

like the new picture - guess where that was taken :D

fab piccy!!!

drag alone ur mate...the more the merrier...tho we may have to kill her if she statts saying how fat she feels lol! really pleased u r going. xxxx

Will have to

Been a long time since i've been out properly in Bath (June last year), so she will have to come to tell what pubs/clubs are open late. Bath is pretty strict with it's licencing laws (don't like to upset the rich city dwellers) so they tend to change quite often (but we could just try them all ;) drinking water of course :eek:)
Sonke - i see you are from Nottingham - how come you ended up down here? My husband is a Bulwell boy - his aunts and uncles are still there but his brother lives in Lowdham and his parents have a place in Bleasby.

right I will try to post in the meet up thread as I am thinking of coming 14th of April right? thats not a week day is it I can come if not who's staying over ahhh I will look in other thread to see darnit!

Been a long time since i've been out properly in Bath (June last year), so she will have to come to tell what pubs/clubs are open late. Bath is pretty strict with it's licencing laws (don't like to upset the rich city dwellers) so they tend to change quite often (but we could just try them all ;) drinking water of course :eek:)
Sonke - i see you are from Nottingham - how come you ended up down here? My husband is a Bulwell boy - his aunts and uncles are still there but his brother lives in Lowdham and his parents have a place in Bleasby.

Bulwell boy eh, what brought him down here then ? I moved down here to be nearer hubby`s family after my mum died.
I do love it down here as the gun and drug crime up there is awful now.

Hubby

He's RN (or was - sort of finished after 25 yrs last July but went straight back in as a reservist), always wanted to, sea cadets as a kid - his father owned a factory and the thought of ending up working there/running it as his brother does now was just the stuff of nightmares. mind you he loves it down here more so than me - when we go up there i have to get him to translate - the first time i met his brother he kept talking about going up lynns @ss - i was a bit concerned until it was translated as "up her house" :D

yeah

and when i moved down here they call them baps - whats the matter with just calling them bread rolls :rolleyes:
I've been called me duck up there and maid or bird down here and i can remember someone telling me the carpet was chatty when i first moved here - didn't have a clue what they were talking about - and smeeching - that's another....:p
and my husband keeps calling sideburns - sideboards - to me the only sideboards go in the front room- and his ears are tabs - is that a nottingham thing?

lol funny aint it. Does he miss nottingham ? are you from nottingham too or did you meet after he moved down here ?

i remember discussing a woman when i first moved to plymouth and i said how friendly and chatty she was :eek:

i had no idea there was another meaning. in london i can say that confidently and know it will mean that i think smeone is a nice chatterbox LOL

it was only when i said the same thing a few days later to my sister did she tell me i was being offensive. i must have seemed AWFUL to the person i said it to first!

Life history

lol funny aint it. Does he miss nottingham ? are you from nottingham too or did you meet after he moved down here ?
No he hates it back there (but his immediate family are a pain in the @rse - his opinion not mine - but i tend to agree :D so that's probably got something to do with it), he's a real sea lover he's always off yomping with the dog on the beach or along the cliffs - hence the career i guess.

i met him here in the Navy pub on the barbican one sunday night :cupid:- he took advantage of my drunken state and generous nature :whistle:

I'm from bath born and bred, i actually lived in Bristol (couldn't afford to live in Bath) for a couple of years before i moved down here with work

Hey Karen

5lbs - :D

yeehaww!! well done. so pleased for you. jammy cow. lol im kidding...its ace. i just hope i can get rid of everything i gained in the nex few days LOL

did have to laugh at the being taken advantage of comment. wish someone would take advantage of me....:sigh: ;)

9 Lbs

Thought it was 2 lbs or was that counting the bad back week - that's the trouble with being horizontal - gravity forces all that food straight down your throat - no chewing/spitting for you!!
Yeah - took me hours to talk him into taking advantage :rolleyes:
See it was worth me sacrificing that spag bol, garlic bread and pizza in the end
You just keep on the straight and narrow now until the weekend away - have that as a treat weekend

lol...it was 3lbs on Jo's scales but that wasnt counting in the 4lbs i lost the previous week when i didnt go to see her so really it was 7lbs. however, mine said 9 :cry: :cry: :cry:

well lets hope its a beter week this week or im completely buggered lol

yomping

looked it up on wikipedia and it says

Yomp is Royal Marines slang describing a long distance march carrying full kit.

So he has obviously picked the word up from the Navy and i've picked it up from him :) he just uses it to mean long walk, usually cross country.

Karen, you're being too hard on yourself and no use to keep using two different sets of scales you'll never know where you are... keep off yours - in fact thrown them away and just get weighed once a week same place, same time.

I never get on our scales (too fat for them anyway they would probably spin around twice then collapse with bits of springs sticking out :sigh:) and i always weigh on a Tuesday - just to keep Jo guessing whether I'm sticking to it really :D

Back