Anyone in Spain? - all the other threads seem to have ended....

I´m back again! Seriously fell off the wagon the last few months, so much so my fat clothes are even too tight! 3.5 kg gain! I was actually considering taking out some of my maternity jeans so I could be nice and snug haha but I decided against it as I´m sure I´d just eat my way until they don´t fit :17729:

I ´m so annoyed with myself but on the plus I´ve had a load of holidays and a great time so hey ho it can´t all be bad.

So today was weigh in day and reality check, so Im back again.

Nice to see your still here Pommette , how are you doing ? You sticking to it ?

Hi I am in Murcia region. Done SW years ago in the UK at a class, since done it from home in the USA and now need to do it again here in Spain. Main problem (other than I love red wine, crisps and cheese) is what to eat at work. I work 6 hours straight with no break, no facilities i.e. microwave etc. I am customer facing so need to sneak my lunch or evening meal depending on my shift. Can anyone suggest anything tasty to make and put in a 'bait box' or thermos flask? I tend to do the original plan as carbs are my worst enemy and I love them so! Never done Extra easy as if it's carbs it probably won't work for me. Thanks in advance.

Welcome Leigh - sounds like you're similar to me. I have to stick to Red days most of the time as carbs do for me big time as well. I actually gained when I tried EE as I too love carbs and just went bonzo on them.

Suggestions for food, if you're having to sneak meals, is soup in the thermos and fruit and yoghurt in a lunch box. Or some Omelette/Fritata/SW Quiche and salad - although the salad might be a bit tricky to eat if you're having to sneak things.

Welcome Leigh - sounds like you're similar to me. I have to stick to Red days most of the time as carbs do for me big time as well. I actually gained when I tried EE as I too love carbs and just went bonzo on them.

Suggestions for food, if you're having to sneak meals, is soup in the thermos and fruit and yoghurt in a lunch box. Or some Omelette/Fritata/SW Quiche and salad - although the salad might be a bit tricky to eat if you're having to sneak things.

I think it's gonna be soup, my hubby makes a good one and as I work inside Iceland, where it's always freezing, soup works all year round! The only SW quiche we've ever done is the corned beef one, but it's been on and off I understand for syn value of corned beef, or is it free??

I think it's gonna be soup, my hubby makes a good one and as I work inside Iceland, where it's always freezing, soup works all year round! The only SW quiche we've ever done is the corned beef one, but it's been on and off I understand for syn value of corned beef, or is it free??
Corned beef no longer free - now has syns. 3 syns per 100g.
Try doing the veggie quiche - that's free.
Speedy quiche - Recipes - Slimming World
This one is free on green - but not red 'cos of the spuds
Asparagus Bites - Recipes - Slimming World
And this one has 3 syns (for the cheese I think - which you could take as a HexA
Crustless cheddar, onion and courgette quiche - Recipes - Slimming World

Is there any way of working out syns on foods? I have a Tortilla Rellena in the fridge I bought before I started the diet. (On week two now) Trying to break it down into Healthy Extras and syns........
Thanks,

Hi Leigh
Just responded to your PM.
20 calories = 1 syn.
Don't try to work out HexBs on bought tortilla's as you don't know the exact contents and there are often hidden things like sugar in bought omelettes.
Just use the rough calorie rule and take it all as syns.
Sorry - not probably what you wanted to hear.

made my own tortilla this evening wit some spinach, a bit of goat's cheese and some turkey cubes - I used the frozen potatoes and onions, I inderstand they will be synned because of the oil but so so easy to make and customize, it'll be hard to go back to the shop-bought ones!

Good idea at least you know everything that's in it. I must admit home made taste so much better, but I had this tortilla in the fridge and it kept saying eat me, it's been binned!!

made my own tortilla this evening wit some spinach, a bit of goat's cheese and some turkey cubes - I used the frozen potatoes and onions, I inderstand they will be synned because of the oil but so so easy to make and customize, it'll be hard to go back to the shop-bought ones!

Just seeing if this thread is still going as in my first week of sw while living in Spain xx

Back