Anyone in Spain? - all the other threads seem to have ended....

Back home now.. Never really enter shopping ate out most of the time.. Not weighing myself today shall leave it to next Wednesday x

Hope the WI is okay next week. Spanish holidays have a tendancy of making you gain :(

Hiya girls! Im sorry for not checking in so long but with the traveling and many people to see here and there.... anyways... now im back in spain good news is a few people told me i've lost some while i was in bulgaria, but the last 2 weeks here have been not so succesfull. im sick of messing it up every time but im definietly back on track tomorrow! and i plan rejoining the gym too :whacky068:

so how are you all doing? :)

Morning baby_angel - good to see you back again. Hope you had a good trip to Bulgaria.
I'm struggling a bit at the mo - my eating was all over the place and I gained several weeks in a row.
Trying to get more in control now and managed a loss last week - but it's not looking good for WI tomorrow for me.

Last edited:
Hey, I don't know how exactly it happened but for the last month i have lost 6 pounds and i wasn't even stick to the sw regime 100% and i haven't rejoined the gym yet :confused: but I guess I am getting in the good habbits of healthy eating. I don't eat more than i want to anymore and definietly don't overeat sweets. i peal and freeze a banana sometimes instead of an ice cream and i like it pretty much you should try it :) good luck to all

Hi girls,I hope you don't mind me dropping by.I'm off to Spain on holiday's at the end of the week(Empuriabrava).I'm just wondering what you ladies use as your hex b.Is there any bread or rolls that I can use as hex b?Also can I buy skimmed milk in Spain.I think there is a lidl in Empuria.Any information would be great.Thanks ladies.

Hi girls,I hope you don't mind me dropping by.I'm off to Spain on holiday's at the end of the week(Empuriabrava).I'm just wondering what you ladies use as your hex b.Is there any bread or rolls that I can use as hex b?Also can I buy skimmed milk in Spain.I think there is a lidl in Empuria.Any information would be great.Thanks ladies.
Yes - fresh semi-skimmed milk is available. Also there are 2 makes of good UHT stuff.
Aldi have one called MILSANI at about €0.60 a litre which is really nice and another which is available everywhere is Pascual.
Semi skimmed is semi desnatata in Spanish.

I use Mercadona own label Pan Integral. Slices are exactly the right size for 2 slices = HexB
There will almost certainly be a Mercado supermarket in Empuriabrava - it's Spain's biggest chain.
According to their website there is one on Roses which isn't far.
Mercadona do great own label low fat yoghurts - with and without bifidus. Plus one called La Pastelleria.
They are all free (well . . . some of La Pastelleria ones are 1/2 syn) and the bifidus ones are half the proce of Activia over here.

Enjoy your holiday!

Yes - fresh semi-skimmed milk is available. Also there are 2 makes of good UHT stuff.
Aldi have one called MILSANI at about €0.60 a litre which is really nice and another which is available everywhere is Pascual.
Semi skimmed is semi desnatata in Spanish.

I use Mercadona own label Pan Integral. Slices are exactly the right size for 2 slices = HexB
There will almost certainly be a Mercado supermarket in Empuriabrava - it's Spain's biggest chain.
According to their website there is one on Roses which isn't far.
Mercadona do great own label low fat yoghurts - with and without bifidus. Plus one called La Pastelleria.
They are all free (well . . . some of La Pastelleria ones are 1/2 syn) and the bifidus ones are half the proce of Activia over here.

Enjoy your holiday!

Hi Pommette.Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.I will keep an eye out for them.Can't wait to get to Empuriabrava,love it so much :)

Hi Pommette.Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.I will keep an eye out for them.Can't wait to get to Empuriabrava,love it so much :)
you're welcome. Never stayed in that area although we passed through Roses on our drive to Spain from the UK - Stayed near Girona airport.

Hi ladies, just saying hello! My names Emma and I live in Mallorca. I used to follow the plan a couple of years ago when I was still living in the UK but since I moved I've put almost all the weight back on again, mainly because of my living/working circumstances and not being in control of preparing my own food but now all that's changed and I'm back in charge! We eat a lot of Mallorcan and Spanish food as my OH is from here and i have such a nightmare trying to syn for the olive oil... does anyone have any tips?

Hi ladies, just saying hello! My names Emma and I live in Mallorca. I used to follow the plan a couple of years ago when I was still living in the UK but since I moved I've put almost all the weight back on again, mainly because of my living/working circumstances and not being in control of preparing my own food but now all that's changed and I'm back in charge! We eat a lot of Mallorcan and Spanish food as my OH is from here and i have such a nightmare trying to syn for the olive oil... does anyone have any tips?
Welsome chica - and good luck with losing again on SW.
Olive oil is 6 syns per level tablesppon.
If you're frying in lots of the stuff then you are going to struggle.
Try getting an oil mister from somewhere - they are available in shops on Mainland (don't know about Mallorca though) if you look hard enough and they're also available on Amazon.
But if you are going on a trip back to the UK go to Dunelm Mill.
You can buy an oil sprayer in Dunelm - find it here Silver Misto Oil Spray | Dunelm Mill
I payed the £5.99 just 8 weeks ago - it's now £1.80 off! Grrrrrr

This has been my saviour! But you have to watch what you are fring really carefully as things will burn easily if left unattended.

Welsome chica - and good luck with losing again on SW.
Olive oil is 6 syns per level tablesppon.
If you're frying in lots of the stuff then you are going to struggle.
Try getting an oil mister from somewhere - they are available in shops on Mainland (don't know about Mallorca though) if you look hard enough and they're also available on Amazon.
But if you are going on a trip back to the UK go to Dunelm Mill.
You can buy an oil sprayer in Dunelm - find it here Silver Misto Oil Spray | Dunelm Mill
I payed the £5.99 just 8 weeks ago - it's now £1.80 off! Grrrrrr

This has been my saviour! But you have to watch what you are fring really carefully as things will burn easily if left unattended.

Will have to go get one of them to take on my next visit to Spain x

Will have to go get one of them to take on my next visit to Spain x

They're brilliant sookie - so much better than FryLight which imho taste of cr@p and it full of nasties.

They're brilliant sookie - so much better than FryLight which imho taste of cr@p and it full of nasties.

Might even get one for home use...
Son works not to for from dunelm.. Might go online and order two, the he can collect them tomorrow x

All ordered.. Thanks for that x

I should be on commission from Dunelm - as you're the 4th person I've recommended it to and they've bought it :)

Hi im in spain. Fuengirola area...this webiste is amazing! im struggling at the moment because my hubby has been off work and is a really bad influence! lol

can anyone help me? im new to this site. am i automatically subscribed to this post because ive commented on it? also why cant i set a profile picture? and while im here ive notice some of you have slimming world stickers (well done!!) how can i get them?

can anyone help me? im new to this site. am i automatically subscribed to this post because ive commented on it? also why cant i set a profile picture? and while im here ive notice some of you have slimming world stickers (well done!!) how can i get them?

Hi Dayzi and welcome to Minis.

Yes, having responded you are now sunscribed.

There are various things you can't do until you have either 20 or 50 posts. One of which is set a profile pic.
Have a look at post 1 this thread. http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

have a look in the Tutorials section of Minis for lots of imfo Tutorials

You can set up SW stickers in your signature There's a sticky in the SW Off Topic section - where's there's loads of info.
But the badges seem to be missing from post 1

There's also a short thread here in Tech Support about how to do it
http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/228233-how-do-i-add-sw-stickers.html

And all the stickers are here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/313347-sw-awards.html

Last edited:
Back