Anyone in Spain? - all the other threads seem to have ended....

What type of bread do you buy in Spain for your HEB? :confused:
I use 2 slices of Mercadona Pan Integral as my HexB. The ready sliced loaf that has about 16 slices in.
It is about the right weight although maybe slightly under in terms of fibre but it worked fine for me.

I use the same as Pommette or Bimbos Sihuetta (not sure how its spelt).

I just can´t get back on the wagon lol This weekend has been a disaster I need a kick up the bum. Well I suppose tomorrow is another day..must try harder! :copon:

I'm struggling too. I had forgotten how delicious bulgarian food is. and people keep inviting me over for birthday parties and graduation parties and... :banghead:
I have 30 days more to spend here and I really wanna make a small visual difference when I go back to Spain :lost:

I bet its hard baby_angel, I´d just get it all out of my system for a first week eat what I was craving or missing then do my best to get back on it or I´d only be fighting a losing battle if not.

I´m still not back on it 100% I´m trying but not as much as I could. I´ve started keeping my food diary and that´s a real eye opener...so maybe try that baby_angel see if it helps? I have a work party in 5 weeks and I really need to stick to it, I hope you can too.

I'm struggling too! A week in the UK in the cold made me want to eat comfort food . . . and I did.
Too many chock chip cookies! :(
Didn't do too well over the weekend either after we got home as it was cold and dreary.
Back on it big time this week as I need to shift this gain and get back to target.

I have been slacking for a couple of weeks too. Hit my 10kg first target last Thursday - my next target is a further 10kgs by end of September. My gp has suggested aiming for 1/2 kg a week, but I hope I do more than that. Also allowing for the odd bad week. Off to prepare a chicken mince dinner with a few spare for the freezer.

Caroline - 10 kgs lost is brilliant chica.
But don't try to rush it too quickly. 1/2 kg a week is ideal.
As the slower you lose it the more likely you are to re-educate your appetite and therefore keep it off in the future.

How are you doing now Caroline and Pommette? Managing to stick to it? I do really well all week then I have one bad day and I lose it completely. Im up and down like a yo yo every week, getting fed up with it now, just need to stick to it.

How are you doing now Caroline and Pommette? Managing to stick to it? I do really well all week then I have one bad day and I lose it completely. Im up and down like a yo yo every week, getting fed up with it now, just need to stick to it.
Up and down!
I was fine at the beginnimng of last week and then went totally off plan from Friday - Sunday! Grrrrrrrrrr
Back on it 110% at the mo as I need to lose the 7 lbs I've gained.

Its so easily done too! I was doing great until last night, hubby won a ham and would be rude not to try it and of course wash it down with wine and fresh bread....lol Got my weigh day tomorrow too, not very optimistic. I seem to go off plan too from Fridays I think its because I weigh myself and then I think I have a few days to be good and lose it....then the couple of wines on Sunday before lunch ... then the tapas to go with it.....if I could only say no..
110% from me too this week

I have been slacking for a couple of weeks too. Hit my 10kg first target last Thursday - my next target is a further 10kgs by end of September.
Caroline - one thing I found helpful was breaking my targets down into really small chunks. 10 kgs seems a daunting amount to lose in one go.
I set them sometimes as low as 1 kg so for example get me into the next bracket (ie 80's instead of 90's), get my BMI below a certain number etc etc
It really helped keep me focussed and on track. 10 kgs = 22.5 lbs which is more than 1½ stone - just too big a target for me.

. . . I seem to go off plan too from Fridays I think its because I weigh myself and then I think I have a few days to be good and lose it....then the couple of wines on Sunday before lunch ... then the tapas to go with it.....if I could only say no..
That's why my WI day is Monday. :8855:
When I was really trying to lose weight it helped keep me on track at the weekends as the though of gaining everything I'd lost during the week and not showing a loss on the scale on a Monday terrified me!

Wondering if you ladies on here can help.. Coming to Spain next Tuesday and I really want to stick to my diet, we tend to shop in either Consum or mercadona, would you be kind enough to let me know of syn free or low syned products they sell.. I normally buy their quiche so also wondering what syns that is..(mercadona)
Many thanks xx

Hi Sookie

Consum and Mercadona do own label fat free yoghurts, low fat butter, olive oil spread etc etc
You can get either low fat or 0% fat fromage frais (Queso Fresco Batido - semi-desnatada or desnatada)
But the Spanish don't really do diet stuff so you just have to be careful and check fat, sugar content etc etc

The quiche will be fairly high is syns - can't tell you exactly but I'll check it out later as I actually have one in the freezer!
Just about to have my supper!

Hi Sookie

Consum and Mercadona do own label fat free yoghurts, low fat butter, olive oil spread etc etc
You can get either low fat or 0% fat fromage frais (Queso Fresco Batido - semi-desnatada or desnatada)
But the Spanish don't really do diet stuff so you just have to be careful and check fat, sugar content etc etc

The quiche will be fairly high is syns - can't tell you exactly but I'll check it out later as I actually have one in the freezer!
Just about to have my supper!

A big thank you.. Will just eat plenty of fish,chicken and salad x

Sorry not to get back to you last night - i fell asleep almost immediately after supper. Unusual for me.

Mercadona "Quiche de Verduras" - Tarta de calabacín y queso de cabra. Small size 390g. 4 portions
I've put the values into the online checker classing eggs as free and this is what it comes up with for all plans.

31½ Syns per package

So call it 8 syns for a ¼ quiche! Actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
The other varieties will probably be about the same syn value.

Try the Mercadona prepackage tortillas - don,t have one in at the mo to check, but I remember these as only being about 5 syns for a ¼ totilla - really lovely with a nice salad for lunch.

Talking of salad, if you want a dressing for salad's and there is a Mas y Mas anywhere near you then . . .
They have a German salad dressing that is only 26 kcal per 100 ml (which makes it free) and I really like.
It's by Kühne and is labelled Kräuter-würzig dressing "ohne öl"
It's more like an Italian dressing - with herbs - than a French Dressing - is oil free and syn free.
As I said - I enjoy it and can be used liberally without fear of syns!

Oh - and Mercadona do some wonderful low syn yoghurst called Las Pasteleras - they work out at ½ or 1 syn per pot.
8-pack with 4 wonderful varieties based on cakes like apple tart, lemon tort . . .

They also do an 0% fat bifidus yoghurts in an 8-pack - either fruit variety or "con fibras".
The con fibras ones are just about ok (they have added muesli in) but the fruit variety are lovely.
They are "runny" yoghurts line Activia.

The own label Consum 0% fat ones are lovely too but are "solid" yoghurts.
The strawberry one is really really nice.

Enjoy your time in Spain. Where are you headed for? If I remember correctly you're somewhere near Pinoso.
Not all that far from me. We are about 1 hour from there! In Almoradí - near Guardamar

Last edited:
Thanks for all that info...

We were up near Pinoso, but place now sold. we are now looking for something else..
We are staying in Villamartin not been there for many years so should be interesting.
X

Are yuo looking for Ex-pat community or more Spanish? We're in the Spanish camp.
We avoid the Torrevieja area mostly - too many ex-pats and British for my personal taste. Although many people love Villa Martin.
As I said, we're inland from Guardamar - only about 10-15 drive - where it is quieter and a lot more Spanish if that's your taste.

Have you looked round the Mar Menor area?
Los Alcázares has an ex-pat community and has a bustle to it in the summer but the rest of the year it is relatively quiet.
There are some lovely villages inland too - again more Spanish.

Are yuo looking for Ex-pat community or more Spanish? We're in the Spanish camp.
We avoid the Torrevieja area mostly - too many ex-pats and British for my personal taste. Although many people love Villa Martin.
As I said, we're inland from Guardamar - only about 10-15 drive - where it is quieter and a lot more Spanish if that's your taste.

Have you looked round the Mar Menor area?
Los Alcázares has an ex-pat community and has a bustle to it in the summer but the rest of the year it is relatively quiet.
There are some lovely villages inland too - again more Spanish.

We we campo before.. Just found it all to quiet, had to drive everywhere for everything. The local village was really nice..
We like La Zenia and did put an offer in on a house that the bank owned, bank accepted offer but there was no legal paperwork.. And theres me thinking the bank property was safe. So we pulled out of that..
We are going to look around Gran Alacant. Mixture of all nationalities there..
You been to la Zenai boulevard ? X

Back