Anyone in the 11 stone bracket want support to get down to the 10s?

Hi TT, just wanted to say hi and congratulations to a fellow SWer who's been at it a while now!! You're doing great and well done for seeing the long term picture!XXX

PS spooky...we weigh exactly the same- 11st 8.5lb! I have gone up from 11st 2lb in the last 3 weeks due to various celebrations and basically going off plan! How frustrating eh?! But that will change for the better soon for both of us!! Good loss next week! I feel it in my bones!!X

Thanks Funcurls!
I've found it pretty easy to lose the weight so far (well not easy, but you know what I mean)
This has been the first time I've hit a barrier, obviously as you get smaller it isn't as easy, but I still have a way to go. Suppose I just have to keep plodding on? Otherwise what's the alternative?
Has anybody else experienced this and got through it? :wave_cry:

Thanks Funcurls!
I've found it pretty easy to lose the weight so far (well not easy, but you know what I mean)
This has been the first time I've hit a barrier, obviously as you get smaller it isn't as easy, but I still have a way to go. Suppose I just have to keep plodding on? Otherwise what's the alternative?
Has anybody else experienced this and got through it? :wave_cry:

OMG loads of times!! I think our bodies get used to what we're doing and need a bit of a change from time to time! I've had times where I've been sticking to plan and the weight doesn't seem to be shifting, then all of a sudden the losses start again! But I have also hit barriers in the 'going off the rails' sense quite a few times where I've been off plan on hols/during celebrations etc and haven't actually wanted to get back on it- it's just seemed beyond me! But I always pull myself together and get straight back on plan after I've found out my gain in class! This is why I've stuck with it so long- I never ever give up! Whilst I'm frustrated that I'm not at target yet, I'm not worried because I know I'll do it eventually! As you say, what's the alternative? Giving up and letting all the weight go back on?! No thanks!! In what sense have you hit a barrier? Can I help?X

Since January the weight has been coming off at a steady pace of roughly 1/2 a stone a month, which I was chuffed with. However since beginning June I've lost 4lb! It's been up and down and when I have a 100% super duper week, I'll lose 1.5lbs. I know it's still coming off, but now it's very slow in comparison. I've upped the exercise and I'm definately toning up, I drink lots water, vary my healthy extras, have lots speed foods. Just don't know what to do??? My 1.5lb gain on Tues was partly down to getting weighed in eve instead of morn and * week had just arrived, but it's really got me down this time. Sorry if I'm sounding like a moaner, just so fed up x

Well the time has come for me to leave the 11's. WI tonight and lost 2.5lbs. I am now 10st 12.5lbs. Only started 21st of April.

I'm off to Spain for 5 weeks so I will probably be back after hols.

Thanks for all the encouraging words.

See Jou all soon in the 10's. xxxx

Brilliant news, very well done. Thats great!!!!

Last edited:
Just been to my weigh in and I lost 1.5lbs this week which Im SOOOOOOOO happy about (following friday nights meltdown at the curry house!). :D Taking me down to 11st 4.5lbs
Im putting it all down to a few days success express - will definately do a few more of these!

rjg123 said:
Just been to my weigh in and I lost 1.5lbs this week which Im SOOOOOOOO happy about (following friday nights meltdown at the curry house!). :D Taking me down to 11st 4.5lbs
Im putting it all down to a few days success express - will definately do a few more of these!

That's great well done! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hey Ninnins!! Long time no see/chat!! Hope all well with you! Where is the time going? Great to see you're still hard at it and doing amazingly! It's been slow progress for me the last 8 months or so- kind of treading water but still in the game which is the main thing, and just set a challenge to get to target in the next 12 weeks! I was 6lb away and due to a couple of weeks of excesses I'm now 12.5lb away!! Frustrated.com !!! X

I know i miss the 8 in 8 challenges! Its been slow for me recently too, joined group to give me a kick uo the bum as i was losing gaining the same few lbs for what seemed like forever! Seem to be back on track now thankfully.

Sure those pesky holiday lbs come flying off once you get back on plan. Youll be at the big T before you know it! Sending target vibes your way! :vibes:

Since January the weight has been coming off at a steady pace of roughly 1/2 a stone a month, which I was chuffed with. However since beginning June I've lost 4lb! It's been up and down and when I have a 100% super duper week, I'll lose 1.5lbs. I know it's still coming off, but now it's very slow in comparison. I've upped the exercise and I'm definately toning up, I drink lots water, vary my healthy extras, have lots speed foods. Just don't know what to do??? My 1.5lb gain on Tues was partly down to getting weighed in eve instead of morn and * week had just arrived, but it's really got me down this time. Sorry if I'm sounding like a moaner, just so fed up x

do you do EE? would a few red days help? always gives me a good loss (famous last words whilst on a red week lol)

Just to say a big "hello", I would love to join you guys, just had an unusually big loss for me yesterday - 4lb's lol :D :D :D that brings me down to 11 12 1/2 yippee :D

TrimTrixy said:

Maybe its a case of just hangin in there and just keep chipping away! Even if you lost 2lb per month you'll be there in 10 months?! Would that really be such a bad thing? Or you could try doing red/green if you're doing extra easy, to mix things up a bit! Don't let it get you down though, you've done so well, perhaps it is just your body slowing down on the losses now its so used to what you're doing! X

Trango said:
Just to say a big "hello", I would love to join you guys, just had an unusually big loss for me yesterday - 4lb's lol :D :D :D that brings me down to 11 12 1/2 yippee :D

Very well done that's wonderful, welcome and comfy here, but not too comfy you don't drop down another stone soon! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Can I join you PLEASE

Hi
I'm Tracy,

I have been going to a Wednesday group at slimming world but have had to stop going as, being on maternity leave I can no longer afford it! Total bummer! I am still weighing at home but so far its been a bit hit and miss.

I was doing really well, lost 13lb in 10 weeks, I then stopped going and lost another 4lb by myself, which means I would have got my club 10. ,But this last two weeks have been really tough and I have gained! Last week it was 1.5lb, and this week 1/2lb.

I need to have someone to touch base with and reveal my weight loss/gain to in order for me to continue to lose weight! And it would be great to share recipes and meal ideas, I tend to eat the same thing over and over which gets a bit dull!

I have another 24lb odd to lose to get to my target of 9st 7lb.

Look forward to getting to know you, if you will have me!

Hi
I'm Tracy,

I have been going to a Wednesday group at slimming world but have had to stop going as, being on maternity leave I can no longer afford it! Total bummer! I am still weighing at home but so far its been a bit hit and miss.

I was doing really well, lost 13lb in 10 weeks, I then stopped going and lost another 4lb by myself, which means I would have got my club 10. ,But this last two weeks have been really tough and I have gained! Last week it was 1.5lb, and this week 1/2lb.

I need to have someone to touch base with and reveal my weight loss/gain to in order for me to continue to lose weight! And it would be great to share recipes and meal ideas, I tend to eat the same thing over and over which gets a bit dull!

I have just joined this group and reading through the posts they are ace, all I can say Tracy is that in my experience we are surrounded by experience accompanied with buckets of enthusiasm!!! You can do it.

Hi Tracy!
You'll find everyone here lovely and supportive, good luck on your journey :D

Congratulations and welcome!!! This thread needs some new blood as so many are nearly into the 10s now.:)

I always pull myself together and get straight back on plan after I've found out my gain in class! This is why I've stuck with it so long- I never ever give up! Whilst I'm frustrated that I'm not at target yet, I'm not worried because I know I'll do it eventually! As you say, what's the alternative? Giving up and letting all the weight go back on?! No thanks!!

As they say in one of my alltime favourite films "Never give up. Never surrender." (Galaxy Quest)

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the lovely welcome, I have tried other forums on other sites and had no response at all so this is lovely!

Can I ask a couple of questions.........

What sort of days do you mostly do?? The group I was attending was mostly based on EE but Im not convinced! And I miss having 2 Hb's on EE.

Whats your experiences??

What are your best low syn snacks, I LOVE chocolate and find it really really hard to stay away so tend to use my syns on it! Just wondered what snacks you use??

I'm still here! Had and still having a moan! Going to eat bad stuff tonight then back on it tomz :D xxx

Back