Anyone in the 11 stone bracket want support to get down to the 10s?

WOW Ninninins 7 STONE is amazing!! How did you manage to keep going when you feel happier with yourself but know your not there yet?

That's a really interesting concept Hannah (for a fleeting visitor lol :D!!) Ninnins is doing amazingly well!! This is what I'm struggling with at the moment (have been for 8 months now!) Feeling much happier with myself but not actually being there yet!! I'm finding it so much harder to be strict with myself because there isn't that urgency anymore to 'get all this weight off'- just been playing around with the last 7lb for ages!! At least I've been maintaining all the weight I've lost- I haven't put any of it back on which is a great thing in itself, but something has been stopping me from getting there and I'm not sure what it is!! Which is why I've set a 12 week challenge to get to target! If I can't do 7 lb in 11 more weeks I've got issues!! Ninnins or anyone else, do you have any tips on focusing on that final target?!!X

I think I might have read somewhere on this (huge!) site that those folk who lose weight slowly seem to have less problems once they are at target... Can't swear to that, but I can see the logic.

I think this is very much the case! There's the easy on, easy off and easy off, easy on concept which I can say from experience is true! I gained 5.5lb last week and lost the same 5.5lb this week and in the past I've had a big loss one week, slipped up just a little the following week and had a gain!! So I think this works over a long period of time too! But I believe that the main reason why people who lose over a long period of time, the chipping away approach, keep it off long-term is that firstly they allow their bodies to get used to the changes gradually as they're not depriving themselves of food/allowing starvation mode to kick in, and secondly doing it over a long period of time helps to develop long term good habits such as cutting down gradually on portions and developing new tastes in healthier foods as well as maybe gradually introducing exercise! All of these then become a way of life that we actually want to continue because they make us feel good and we've by then adapted to. Very often people who have done it really quickly have had to deprive themselves of quite a lot, quite often gone hungry, perhaps burned themselves out with high levels of exercise, none of which they can maintain and so they go straight back to old habits and feel like failures, thus starting the viscious circle all over again!! Rant over lol!;)X

well i fell off the wagon whilst hubster was off on holiday and have crept back up to 11:8 :cry: But back on the wagon and determined to get into the 10's by September 1st (pretty please) :D

Well done on everyone's weight loss, we'll get there!!

x

NumNumPigsBum said:
well i fell off the wagon whilst hubster was off on holiday and have crept back up to 11:8 :cry: But back on the wagon and determined to get into the 10's by September 1st (pretty please) :D

Well done on everyone's weight loss, we'll get there!!

x

Yes you will babe, you will get there... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Shelski said:
Keep going, at least you've got back on track. I think that's the hardest part x

I have just learnt that I will fall off now and again, but with you lot behind me, I will get back on plan... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Lost 3.5lb this morning, 11.4 now and only 1lb away from 5 stone. Set myself a target to get in the 10's by August :)

Clareel said:
Lost 3.5lb this morning, 11.4 now and only 1lb away from 5 stone. Set myself a target to get in the 10's by August :)

Well done Clareel! You can do it! I want to be in the 10s by end of August, and at Target (10st 10lb) by 10th Oct, although end of Sept would be awesome! X

Well, it's good bye from me :)

3lb off taking me to 10st 13lb. I'm so happy! Hope to see you all in the 10s soon x

Charmel said:
Well, it's good bye from me :)

3lb off taking me to 10st 13lb. I'm so happy! Hope to see you all in the 10s soon x

Hi Charmel! Congratulations!! That's superduper news! And a great loss too!! X

WOW Ninninins 7 STONE is amazing!! How did you manage to keep going when you feel happier with yourself but know your not there yet?

That's a really interesting concept Hannah (for a fleeting visitor lol :D!!) Ninnins is doing amazingly well!! This is what I'm struggling with at the moment (have been for 8 months now!) Feeling much happier with myself but not actually being there yet!! I'm finding it so much harder to be strict with myself because there isn't that urgency anymore to 'get all this weight off'- just been playing around with the last 7lb for ages!! At least I've been maintaining all the weight I've lost- I haven't put any of it back on which is a great thing in itself, but something has been stopping me from getting there and I'm not sure what it is!! Which is why I've set a 12 week challenge to get to target! If I can't do 7 lb in 11 more weeks I've got issues!! Ninnins or anyone else, do you have any tips on focusing on that final target?!!X

Aww thanks ladies!

I just break it all down into tiny chunks so dont see the final bit as anything different as the rest. eg i started at 18 3 on my home scales so first aim was to get into the 17s (-3.5) then to 1/2 st (-3.5), 17.7 (-3) then 1 st (-4) and did this for every st.

I guess I keep going because I know im not there yet and even though ive lost a lot still need to lose more-despite what people tell me! I know people are only worried that you will take it too far but when i was still obese some people were telling me to stop!

Also my body literally cannot cope with "bad" food anymore :sick0019:

After WI tonight I went to 11st 1lb! - hardly the end of the world but target is 10st 12lb and 11st is my warning marker!

I hope this is the briefest of visits as I hopefully get back into the 10s - no disrespect intended of course;) but thought I'd say high as never knew this little community existed.

Steve

After WI tonight I went to 11st 1lb! - hardly the end of the world but target is 10st 12lb and 11st is my warning marker!

I hope this is the briefest of visits as I hopefully get back into the 10s - no disrespect intended of course;) but thought I'd say high as never knew this little community existed.

Steve

Hi Steve!!! Congrats on your loss and being very very nearly in the 10s and more to the point at target!! X

That was supposed to say be in the 10s by the end of August, August is next week lol!

5 WIs in August all together so would like to be in the 10s by the last one :)

Well done Clareel! You can do it! I want to be in the 10s by end of August, and at Target (10st 10lb) by 10th Oct, although end of Sept would be awesome! X

Thanks Funcurls! You can do it too you're doing great! x

Back