Anyone in the 11 stone bracket want support to get down to the 10s?

Blondee said:
Well I had a girls night out last night & showed them some of my holiday snaps and I lost a bit of weight during the holiday due to sweating & not eating big meals I suppose but they all said I looked way too skinny?! :-/ Bit confused because I don't think I do...?? I'm still aiming to lose another half a stone for my next hols though... I'm still now a curvy size 12/14 so I'm healthy but losing a bit more won't hurt... I'm not doing it unhealthily by not eating so am I doing the right thing?? Xxx

Hm, I am 5ft 10 and a 10-12. I don't look too skinny and no-one has said I do. I have good muscular tone and feel healthy.

I think friends can be one's worst enemy sometimes. Can you think of other reasons why they might have said that? It sounds like you're not too skinny really, so could it be that they're jealous? Was ist just their way of complimenting you? Do they worry that it's too much effort for you to diet? Do they want you to stop dieting so you can indulge together?

I guess my point is that it's your body and you can be whatever size you want, if you're healthy about it, and it seems that you are. Don't let others tell you what to be :) xxx

Thank you for all the nice replies :) I feel much better for hearing that I should keep going. I think I'm losing my weight from various places (Boobs :( ) and not from problem areas like my belly and I've always had skinny legs so they're prob just seeing those bits. I don't know why they said it...? Maybe they think I'm becoming obsessed or something? Probably just worried I'll go to far but let's face it... I'm a curvy size 12/14 - I love my food :) :) I'm never gonna be one of those who vomit after meals, what a waste ;) I'll keep going with it until I've reached a thinner yet healthy goal for myself. Thanks again xxx :)

It looks like I've lost half a pound, taking me to 10 stone 13.5 lbs! :D

But I don't trust my (Sainsbury's basics) scales very much, as they fluctuate a lot. So I'm going to wait, and if they still say the same next time, then I'll believe it :)

Good luck to everyone else who is weighing in today! Xxx

Ehm yeah...so I think this was a blip! Back on 11.0 for the last couple of days! Ah well...

Well - gained 1 lb this week so now back to 1.5 lbs off target, and back at 0.5 lb over 12 st. Grrrrrr. But it was expected as I've had a really munchy week. Back to totally 100% this week and see if I can get there!

Parting is such sweet sorrow - but I WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK.

Well - gained 1 lb this week so now back to 1.5 lbs off target, and back at 0.5 lb over 12 st. Grrrrrr. But it was expected as I've had a really munchy week. Back to totally 100% this week and see if I can get there!

Parting is such sweet sorrow - but I WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK.

Oh no!!!!! How frustrating - hurry up and come back :17729:

Thanks MissBeee and Ali - you'll hear my curses in the UK if I'm NOT back next week.

think imay be going back into the 12's tonight had a hurrendous weekend food wise, im hoping my saving grace will be the tummy bug i had from saturday night to yesterday!!! if i sts i will be ecstatic!!! even just a pound gain ill be happy!!

We will watch this space!! I think it you are prepared to accept you may have slipped up you can graciously take the fall, pick yourself up and get back on that wagon.

Fingers crossed for just a 1lb gain for you Conlou x

yay another 2lb off this week hopefully i will be in the 10's next week!!!! Have aimed for another 2lb off next week so i think i will need to get in a few more sessions on the wii or running. Also got slimmer of the week again, so that was an extra confidence booster, i just hope that i can stay away from the kids sweet jar!

Yes, another 1lb off even after birthday celebrations this week :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Well done Trango - but I've already scolded you for losing on a birthday week. That's just cheating !!!! :8855:

Sorry about that Lou - I'm back there too so we can commisserate with each other.

Yes, another 1lb off even after birthday celebrations this week :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hey - that is absolutely fantastic Tracey!!
Its my birthday tomorrow. I have been ultra good this week so that I can expect a sts next week.
Its weigh in today! Birthday treats tomorrow!
:eating:

Meeee!!!

I joined SW yesterday determined to shift this last lot of weight, was pleasantly suprised when it came to weigh in as was almost a stone lighter than I thought! 11st 1.5 pounds! My original target weight was 10st 7 which means Ive only got 8.5 Pounds to lose! Once Ive lost that weight I may go for 10st depending how I feel. (I havent been 10st for years so think Id look too skinny)

Sarah

Hi Sarah - nice to see you here, and well done for getting back to SW. And well done for that WI.

Take it as it comes with regards to the "being too skinny" - depends on how old you are. I'm stopping above a healthy BMI as I would look awful.
Nearer 60 now :)cry:) than 50 and I wouldn't just look skinny, I'd look scrawny. Not pretty IMHO for an "lady of a certain age"! :8855:

Last edited:
hey - that is absolutely fantastic Tracey!!
Its my birthday tomorrow. I have been ultra good this week so that I can expect a sts next week.
Its weigh in today! Birthday treats tomorrow!
:eating:

Hey happy birthday for tomorrow hun and that's convenient a birthday the day after wi lol. I hope you have as good a day as I did, it was fab from start to finish :birthday: xxx

Hey happy birthday for tomorrow hun and that's convenient a birthday the day after wi lol. I hope you have as good a day as I did, it was fab from start to finish :birthday: xxx

:thankyou:

I shall be enjoying my day at work and hoping no-one brings me cake or chocolate as I don't want to offend anyone by not having any!

Going to treat the family to a take away so that I don't have to cook tomorrow but I am going to cook myself lots of king prawns with garlic and chilli - something the children won't eat and I love! Syns will be spent on something pink and fizzy!

Back