Anyone in the 11 stone bracket want support to get down to the 10s?

Pommette said:
Doin' good ladies, doin' good.

I'm a naughty everyday weigher (tut tut) and the scales were kind today.
Lost the bloat gain from last week. So with a bit of luck I may be back on Monday.
Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Fingers firmly crossed for you :) K x

I'm just the same - up and down in ½ lb chunks!! Reet Pain.

I'm not far off target either and keep getting the "Stop - you've lost enough"

You'll know when to stop so just do what makes YOU happy. Good luck chica

Ooh I agree with you about the reet pain!

Do you really think we will know when we have lost enough?? I'm going through a "doubting myself" phase but it might be because I am almost there ...

Well I'm still here!!!!!!!!!!

Lost 1 lb this week which puts me at 11st exactly.

Soooooooooooooo frustrating!!!!!

lost 4lb this evening so i am now 11st 2lb .... 1/2lb off my 8.5st award lol

Hey everyone, can I join in please, been doing slimming world for four weeks now, started at 12st 9 and at last weigh in I was 11st 13 so have lost 10lbs so far..... It was so good to see an 11 on the scales, weigh in again tomorrow, hoping for 11st 11lbs to get me well on my way to seeing a 10 in the new year!!!!!!!

WI is tomorrow...I was 11:1 last week...really hoping for 1.5lbs off to take me into the 10s!!...not that I want to leave u lovely people!!

Ooh I agree with you about the reet pain!

Do you really think we will know when we have lost enough?? I'm going through a "doubting myself" phase but it might be because I am almost there ...
Absolutely you will know!

When I first started I was adamant I wanted to get my BMI below 25 to be "healthy". But as time has moved on (I've been at this a long time) I've realised a few things.

1) At 56, if I get my BMI to 25 I will look scrawny - not attractive in an old bird IMHO. I'm a "big" lass - and that's official - my doctor told me so :8855: I have an extremly large frame so even though my BMI will be at 26 when I get to target I know that's right for me.
2) I have lots of spare skin now that no amount of exercise will get rid of and I don't want to go down the surgery route and I don't want it to get any worse.
3) I now see a slim person staring back at me in the mirror and I know I look ok. Fine - I'm not skinny or even thin. But a curvy size 14 top and 16 bum that I am finally happy with. Good childbearing hips that no amount od dieting will let me get into a size 14 jeans. Although I have to put 3 or 4" darts into the waists of size 16.

You will know chica - you will definitely know. So stop doubting yourself. As you say "nearly there" does this to a lot of people. I have friends on here who reached target at a nice healthy BMI and have gone on to lose another 7 lbs. The thrill of the chase and all that. But they knew that they needed to carry on too. Equally I have other friends who got to target and knew they were already right. And another who lost another 7 lbs and then decided she was now too thin so is now trying to put it back on!!

Hugs :hug99: to everyone who is nearly there and having a bit of a self doubt. Just get there and celebrate (but not with food!!!! :eek:) and then reflect on whether you are happy.

PS Your new pic is FAB! You look so much younger.
PPS Where abouts are you in Staffs? I used to live near Gnosall on the Staffs/Shroppy border.

Last edited:
Woo hoo -2lbs loss for me...... Takes me to 11st 11lbs...... Yea so happy, I love sw!!!!

I will join that elusive 10 group in the new year!!!!!!! Good luck everyone x

Hey everyone, can I join in please, been doing slimming world for four weeks now, started at 12st 9 and at last weigh in I was 11st 13 so have lost 10lbs so far..... It was so good to see an 11 on the scales, weigh in again tomorrow, hoping for 11st 11lbs to get me well on my way to seeing a 10 in the new year!!!!!!!

Welcome to the 11's :) Good luck for your WI today!! K x

WI is tomorrow...I was 11:1 last week...really hoping for 1.5lbs off to take me into the 10s!!...not that I want to leave u lovely people!!

In the nicest possible way , I hope you get to leave here too :) Fingers crossed for your WI today - I personally can't wait to see a 10 on the scales but I am a long way off that at the minute!! Just looked at your stats and you are doing fantastically - well done you!!:happy096: K x

Hi everyone. What fantastic losses we are all having! :clap: We've got newbies just entering the 11s, we've got winners leaving the 11s and we've got the long-timers like me! :)

Pommette - thank you so much for the lovely message above :hug99: (I live in Stafford so not far from Gnosall!)

As some of you know I've been a teeny bit down about my slow progress and yo-yo-ing but that seems to be the way it goes for me :eek: I'm only talking small amounts but it takes me an age! I lose maybe 1.5lbs then put on 1.25lbs then lose 1lb so eventually over a month it averages out between 0-2lbs!! I've just got to be patient! :eek: Or take up the dreaded exercise! :eek:

So I've redesigned my signature block to remind myself that however slow it is actually coming off!

Come on The Girls!!

Hi Ali

I've been yo-yoing round 12 st since the start of September! :eek: So I really do know how you feel and how frustrating it can be.

There is something called "Set Point" Theory which goes along the lines that you get stuck or "set" at a weight that you were at for a long time whilst you were gaining. It then takes your body a while to re-adjust and get below the set point.

I was 12 st for a LONG time - probably about 10 years - and then shot up after that. So I am comforting myself that I will get below it . . . eventually.

Ring any bells for you?

PS I was actually in Church Eaton if you've ever heard of the village!

Hi Ali

I've been yo-yoing round 12 st since the start of September! So I really do know how you feel and how frustrating it can be.

There is something called "Set Point" Theory which goes along the lines that you get stuck or "set" at a weight that you were at for a long time whilst you were gaining. It then takes your body a while to re-adjust and get below the set point.

I was 12 st for a LONG time - probably about 10 years - and then shot up after that. So I am comforting myself that I will get below it . . . eventually.

Ring any bells for you?

PS I was actually in Church Eaton if you've ever heard of the village!

Wow! That did kind of occur to me but I couldn't think of the science behind it!

Age 19: 11st 4lbs (Same as today, lol!)
Age 22: 9st 10lbs (peak fitness)
Age 24: 10st 4lbs (wedding day)
Age 29: 11st 2lbs (falling pregnant)
Age 34: 12st 6lbs (10 yr anniversary)

And there are definitely some numbers I was stuck on, on the way up! 11st 4lbs being one of them!

I think I could possibly get down to 10st 10lbs and then I really would call it a day.

Ooh, I feel like I'm in therapy! :psiholog:

I do believe I have set myself a target! BUT if I don't get there c'est la vie! I am happy!

Merci Pommette! :flowers:

Trango said:
Oh Bum DB, how frustrating, any reason you can think of hun, or a catch up from last week perhaps???

Nah.... No catch-up, had a STS last week, put down to TOTM after being really good all week, this week - could be too little food, too few syns and / or too many green days - not intentionally not eating, just not been too hungry, and I won't eat syns if I don't need them, never mind - will stick again next week, as always, try and eat a bit more and have a mainly red week
Nevermind, just a blip I'm sure (hope)

i lost 1 pound taking me to bang on 11 stone!! I am with you lovely ppl one more week :) x

Back