Anyone in the 11 stone bracket want support to get down to the 10s?

hi - I love this site and just found this thread - so I've subscribed - sts the same this week so hoping ti have a good loss next week - good luck everyone!

Welcome upndown, I put on a pound so 11 st3. Got a spa weekend so worried that number will go up but trying my best to make it stay where it is

Hello Upndown. I wondered if I could join this group? I weighed in today at 11st 13lbs!! I was delighted. I am taking orlistat as for health reasons the doctor thinks it is a good idea for me to lose weight and as I was already trying I agreed. I follow a low fat version of slimming world at home. Thank you.

Hello Upndown. I wondered if I could join this group? I weighed in today at 11st 13lbs!! I was delighted. I am taking orlistat as for health reasons the doctor thinks it is a good idea for me to lose weight and as I was already trying I agreed. I follow a low fat version of slimming world at home. Thank you.

Hi Mo - yes u'll be welcome to join - I didn't start the thread - but everyone's welcome - that's what I love about this site! Glad to hear about ur weigh in!

Wonder if u've joined any other threads/groups?

There's lots of good ones based on Slimming World - I really like one called 'LJ's journey to be slim by sixty' - they'd make you very welcome and it's friendly, honest and fun! You'll find it under the Slimming World section on the main page - then in the food diary section.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Thank you. I will have a look at that thread. I also should try to start a food diary on here today. I just found out this morning that my niece may be getting married in August so that is further incentive for me.

Thank you. I will have a look at that thread. I also should try to start a food diary on here today. I just found out this morning that my niece may be getting married in August so that is further incentive for me.

Yes a diary is a good idea - I've been lazy and post mine on the one I mentioned!

A wedding is always a good incentive - and August is plenty of time to lose loads!

Hi - here's the link the diary I mentioned - I checked and it's actually in the Weight Loss section - but sometimes I fail to find what I'm looking for? I'm not on commission by the way! See what u think!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/332805-ljs-journey-slim-sixty.html

Hello upndown. It is brilliant!!!! I started at the beginning and read 3 full p#ges of posts. Fascinating. Im 60 as well. Im supposed to be packing up my house ready to move but the thread got me hooked. I will continue reading later. Thanks

Hello upndown. It is brilliant!!!! I started at the beginning and read 3 full p#ges of posts. Fascinating. Im 60 as well. Im supposed to be packing up my house ready to move but the thread got me hooked. I will continue reading later. Thanks

Yes I love it - glad u did u too - I'll look forward to ur posts there too - I'm addicted to here!

I think I am too. Its a brilliant site with some really nice, interesting people.

Well I have lost another lb this week and got my club 10 award too :D xx This site truly is a great place for help, support and a good laugh xx

Well done - yes this is a great site - wish I'd found it years ago!

Me too xx

Hi, I'm new here, I joined Slimming World an Wednesday and am slowly getting to grips with it though it has resulted in some unusual meals.

I am currently 11st 10lb and would ideally like to lose two stone. Although I have done SW in the past, I always preferred WW until they introduced the propoints system. I have been trying to do it on my own by counting calories but I need the discipline of getting weighed in. I am trying to keep an open mind but I must admit that some of the science/food substitutions seem a bit strange.

Its difficult going from ww to sw as you can eat so much more! Personally I have done both and lost weight with both. But I was always hungry with ww and would often binge and rebel against it!

With sw, I never feel hungry. Its a lot more about healthy eating and a balanced diet. With ww you have pretty much no guidance of how to spend your points so you could eat 29 points with of cake for the day!

Keep at it...it does work, I'm at target now and still follow the plan cos its so easy!

Good luck
Xx

Hi, I'm new here, I joined Slimming World an Wednesday and am slowly getting to grips with it though it has resulted in some unusual meals.

I am currently 11st 10lb and would ideally like to lose two stone. Although I have done SW in the past, I always preferred WW until they introduced the propoints system. I have been trying to do it on my own by counting calories but I need the discipline of getting weighed in. I am trying to keep an open mind but I must admit that some of the science/food substitutions seem a bit strange.

Hi and welcome - I agree that SW does take some time to get your head around - but when you do it's well worth the effort - and that's from someone who's heaviest weight was 14st 2 and had tried every diet known to man before finding SW!

There are some weird and wonderful ways to adapt food to help us stay on plan but that's not essential to lose weight.

If you'd prefer to eat foods in their natural form - you can do just that.

When I first started SW - someone gave me a tip which really helped - I was advised to go thro' the book listing the free, superfree foods and healthy extras.

Then mark all the food that you like and usually eat - then you have a basis to plan your menus - adding syns as you wish. Bet not many of us pick up rambutan at the supermarket - even tho' it's superfree!

I found it easier - shopping, eating out and cooking wise - to plan my meals for the first few weeks.

There's usually a way to adapt your fave recipes, takeaways, packed lunches etc - so ask here or at class - you'll soon get the hang of it and I found it was worth persevering!

I also bought in lots of syn free and low syn foods as staple items to get thro' the munchies or times of genuine hunger.

This website, the SW magazine and Google have lots more ideas too.

I'll be happy to help as will loads of others - u've done the right thing to sign up here - lots of friendly ppl, advice and fun! Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello Upndown. That is the best explanation Ive ever seen for how to manage and organise the early days of SW. You really are brilliant. I have never tried WW as it seemed far more complicated to me and I also liked just being able to adapt recipes and eat good food with sw. I agree with you, this site is superb for gaining knwledge from people who have first hand knowledge.

Hello Upndown. That is the best explanation Ive ever seen for how to manage and organise the early days of SW. You really are brilliant. I have never tried WW as it seemed far more complicated to me and I also liked just being able to adapt recipes and eat good food with sw. I agree with you, this site is superb for gaining knwledge from people who have first hand knowledge.

Hi and thanks - it's only what I've learned from trying and failing over the years.#

I should also confess that many years ago I became a SW consultant to help me to lose the last few lbs to get to goal and encourage me to maintain - as you can see - that plan didn't work!

I only had one class as I had a full time job - SW is a great company to work for and I really enjoyed it - I stopped because my other job changed and I had to travel a lot.

Hope you're having a good weekend and are on plan.

I was thinking about the other thread I mentioned - it's going to take ages to catch up as we post so much - do you fancy just popping in and saying hello? I'm not on commission by the way!

Back