Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Great you're joining the challenge Deb & Im sure with lots of encouragement you'll do it. Like you say, exercise is the key, as I certainly notice a change in my figure when Im cycling & I know I need to get my mojo back for that as well.
Between us, there is no reason why it cant be done, with grit & determination......we can do it......go girls!!!

Week 1- Wt loss =
Day 1 - Red
checkmark%20green.gif

Day 2 - Red
checkmark%20green.gif

Day 3 - EE
checkmark%20green.gif

Day 4 - Green
checkmark%20green.gif

Day 5 - EE
checkmark%20green.gif

Day 6 -
Day 7 -

Ok so now that am committed but not quite organised I will eat what I have made for lunch and be careful of what I am eating til Friday. Going to plan menu for all my meals and not just dinner tho I will probably have corn flakes on the occasional work days...guilt free. Right am cheating aren't i? I can hear what I sound like....grrr I am full of excuses but I know its excercise I need more than anything. Unless I am totally flippant with what I eat I find my weight stays says so if I reign the naughty food in surely I can eat cornflakes? Lol what am I like.

debtin said:
Ok so now that am committed but not quite organised I will eat what I have made for lunch and be careful of what I am eating til Friday. Going to plan menu for all my meals and not just dinner tho I will probably have corn flakes on the occasional work days...guilt free. Right am cheating aren't i? I can hear what I sound like....grrr I am full of excuses but I know its excercise I need more than anything. Unless I am totally flippant with what I eat I find my weight stays says so if I reign the naughty food in surely I can eat cornflakes? Lol what am I like.

You know your own body Deb, so you have to do what's best for you. I honestly think tho, if you have the structure of SW & have control over it & not the other way around you will lose weight.
Start a diary, write every single morsal that you eat in the diary. It works for me & I know when I stopped doing it, I imploded lol!!
What stresses you out about SW? I reckon once you start, which is the hardest, you won't look back!
Its all in the planning, being organised, being inventive with food so you don't get bored & mainly wanting to succeed! Come on Mrs, you can get to 8st......do it!!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Will keep you updated on little one, although looks like he'll be off tomorrow, he has had diarrhoea again :( but didn't quite make the toilet. Still seems okay in himself but probably best to just try and keep him relaxed.

I'm really upset now as well, I popped into my mums after running as I'd left my bag there and my mum and her friend had a massive go at me, my mum for not having more syns (because I'm running and she has more when she's running.... forgetting the fact that I'm doing a beginners course and she's doing a marathon in a few weeks time) and her friend said I shouldn't loose anymore weight because I AM looking too skinny in the face! I haven't lost any weight so I don't know what she's on about but its really upset me. I know I should just ignore it as I think this is something I'm going to have to deal with forever with these two, but it doesn't stop it hurting. I like my face btw, I like how for once in my life I don't have a double chin!!!

donna88 said:
Will keep you updated on little one, although looks like he'll be off tomorrow, he has had diarrhoea again :( but didn't quite make the toilet. Still seems okay in himself but probably best to just try and keep him relaxed.

I'm really upset now as well, I popped into my mums after running as I'd left my bag there and my mum and her friend had a massive go at me, my mum for not having more syns (because I'm running and she has more when she's running.... forgetting the fact that I'm doing a beginners course and she's doing a marathon in a few weeks time) and her friend said I shouldn't loose anymore weight because I AM looking too skinny in the face! I haven't lost any weight so I don't know what she's on about but its really upset me. I know I should just ignore it as I think this is something I'm going to have to deal with forever with these two, but it doesn't stop it hurting. I like my face btw, I like how for once in my life I don't have a double chin!!!

Who says you can have more syns when you exercise......SW certainly don't! They advocate you eat more SF & free foods if needed, but not more syns, so your mum is wrong! If you were running 30+ miles per week it would be a different matter, but you're a beginner, so I would take what she says with a pinch of salt!
The thin face remark......take it as a compliment as she's obviously jealous!

I think part of the problem is when my mum started slimming world (she just followed the plan but didn't join) I drilled it into her that she shouldn't worry about syns as she runs a stupid amount (and also she had no weight to loose she was only doing it to support her partner really)

But like you say I'm a beginner so don't need the extra syns. I think I might just start lying and saying I'm eating more to be fair, like she was saying before a run she has a banana and a mars bar and I said yeah when I'm at slimming world before a run I'll have a banana and a hifi, to which she responded... that's still diet food (yes it is but its still energy food) I might just tell her I'm having a mars bar when I'm not. I don't like lying but if it saves me grief.

The face comment I felt was completely out of order, what really annoys me is if I gained weight again they'd be the first to say something (well maybe not now as they're convinced I'm starving myself... but they did before)

kim63 said:
You know your own body Deb, so you have to do what's best for you. I honestly think tho, if you have the structure of SW & have control over it & not the other way around you will lose weight.
Start a diary, write every single morsal that you eat in the diary. It works for me & I know when I stopped doing it, I imploded lol!!
What stresses you out about SW? I reckon once you start, which is the hardest, you won't look back!
Its all in the planning, being organised, being inventive with food so you don't get bored & mainly wanting to succeed! Come on Mrs, you can get to 8st......do it!!! X

I think the better I do with sw I can get stressed and obsessed. I remember being hungry before when doing sw full on and being wary about eating an apple. I can't remember my reasoning but it seemed the more I was trying to eat good the less I was eating of everything. Sounds irrational but I will give it another bash. Thanks Kim, missed you x

Good to see you motivated deb :) lets all keep eac other going, I miss not talking to to all :-(

Donna, don't worry about the comments, she is probably jealous and I bet you look fab!! (((Hugs))) sorry to hear lil one is poorly.

Well I've had a lovely evening but I feel shattered and so ill. OH has looked after me tonight and I'm all snug in bed whilst he turns off down stairs.

Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a good SW day :-D just need this cold to do one!!

donna88 said:
I think part of the problem is when my mum started slimming world (she just followed the plan but didn't join) I drilled it into her that she shouldn't worry about syns as she runs a stupid amount (and also she had no weight to loose she was only doing it to support her partner really)

But like you say I'm a beginner so don't need the extra syns. I think I might just start lying and saying I'm eating more to be fair, like she was saying before a run she has a banana and a mars bar and I said yeah when I'm at slimming world before a run I'll have a banana and a hifi, to which she responded... that's still diet food (yes it is but its still energy food) I might just tell her I'm having a mars bar when I'm not. I don't like lying but if it saves me grief.

The face comment I felt was completely out of order, what really annoys me is if I gained weight again they'd be the first to say something (well maybe not now as they're convinced I'm starving myself... but they did before)

Awe Donna you shouldn't need to be upset or worried. Your body is prob just changing due to the excercise as you have been doing cross trainer too. It's not fair that people should judge. My mum says things like excercise is a waste of time. That once you stop you pile weight back on...she hasn't a clue. I take no notice of her and you should do like wise. Chin up and hope little guy is better tom x

Thanks Nikki. Not sure what to do regarding sw but no I have bad habits to break regarding eating at night etc. Been mentally counting cals to see how much I have on a "normal" day and it wasn't too much but it didn't incorporate the good things I know I should eat.
It's good your not getting hung up on weight just now. As I said I gained more than 3 stone but my friend was stone and half. I ate everything while the ate good ;)

Thanks ladies, :) I'll try not to worry about it and will just have to try and avoid talking to them about food (which will be hard as they will probably bring it up) but I'll avoid where I can. It's just such a pain when I am happier with myself at the moment I can't believe they decided to choose that time to start. I know they don't mean to upset me but seriously how insensitive.

He's been okay in himself, but I think I'll keep him off school tomorrow so I can make sure he's having plenty of fluid and toast.

I'm ready for day 1!! Still full of cold but I'm stocked up with fruit and fat free yog for the day :)

I'm ready for day 1!! Still full of cold but I'm stocked up with fruit and fat free yog for the day :)

Good luck Nikki, hope it goes well.

Little ones running around like a right nutter at the moment, so I'm assuming he's better, but time will tell.

Ack, I've really struggled to stay on track since Sunday! I keep using the fact that its my bday week as an excuse!

I'm struggling for lunch :-( I have strawberries and fat free yog but I don't think that will be enough! I also have some Heinz mini meals so I could have one of those I suppose x

Oooo happy Birthday both of you.

My mums Birthday in a couple of weeks but doesn't look like we're doing anything as she's running a marathon the day after and she's not wanting to go out for a meal because of money, so we might have a takeaway (which will be a nightmare as I bet they'll go for pizza or KFC and I won't be able to have chinese without getting slated for it so I think that week I'll have to save some syns)

Deb if you want some cornflakes have them ;-) I think one of the most important things I learned from my switch to ww (I did love sw when I did it too) was that I got our of the crazy mindset that sw gives you of demonising certain foods while eating crazy amounts of other ones!

It's all just common sense really but having a wholemeal bagel or pitta or wrap instead of the little bits of bread, blending fruit for a smoothie, or having a bowl of cornflakes instead of a pasta n sauce or something else that's syn free but could be many many more calories really isn't going to do you any harm at all.

I think I always knew that but was a bit scared to try it out - as then it's off plan / tweaking/ naughty etc has negative connotations.

I am not saying you should all run off and do ww instead - just that there's really no need to stress about cereals not being a heb or daft things like that at the end of the day it's all calories and as long as you are sensible you are still going to lose. I have never been so relaxed about food it's great :-D

Hope the little one is feeling better Donna try not to let their comments hurt you. At the end of the day although sw doesn't allow you extra syns for exercise most other plans like ww or calorie counting do, you don't HAVE to eat the calories you burn but if you want to the option is there - as basically weight loss isa result of using more calories than you are taking in - so if exercise does make you more hungry and you fancy something then have it but if not that's fine too.

X

Thanks I think he's better now but suppose I'll see in the morning,

What your saying makes sense, I had the laughing cow blue cheese triangles as a HEA yesterday and was gutted when I was told they're not actually a HEA.... But thinking about it for the odd time that I would have them I don't think it would hurt me to count them as that...

Back