Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Morning ladies

Charlie....must try those velvet brownies, do they come out ok with ryvita instead of scan bran? Yep, let me know how the lasagna turns out, delicious I hope!

Annie......its good to have a rest day as you dont want to over do it & it might the diet coke thats given you a funny tum?

Nikki.....you must get up with the birds to go to the gym so early, you is well good!

HI Nice to meet you all

Made it to this group at WI yesterday am officially in single figures now - am so cuffed - hope to stay around for a while

:party0048::party0038:

HI Nice to meet you all

Made it to this group at WI yesterday am officially in single figures now - am so cuffed - hope to stay around for a while

:party0048::party0038:

Hello & welcome. We're a friendly bunch, so Im sure you will fit right in :). Well done to getting into the 9's....roll on the 8's

Have the day off Annie - if you're aching you won't enjoy the run and it will become a chore!

Good job on the gym Nikki - I'm terrible at getting up in the morning!

I've attached a pic of my brownies - they are gorgeous!

Attachments

• image-3626070703.jpg
    image-3626070703.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23
Have the day off Annie - if you're aching you won't enjoy the run and it will become a chore!

Good job on the gym Nikki - I'm terrible at getting up in the morning!

I've attached a pic of my brownies - they are gorgeous!

Cor, they look yummy. Whats the 'gooey' stuff in the middle? Can you post me your recipe, as had a look on the recipe forum & they use scan bran, but you said you use ryvita. I will probably cook them in the oven in muffin cases rather than the microwave tho....what do you do? x

kim63 said:
Cor, they look yummy. Whats the 'gooey' stuff in the middle? Can you post me your recipe, as had a look on the recipe forum & they use scan bran, but you said you use ryvita. I will probably cook them in the oven in muffin cases rather than the microwave tho....what do you do? x

I used this recipe but substituted to 5 Ryvita. I still poured the boiling water over them and mashed as if they were scan bran. They came out rather thin so I cut it in half and layered it with a tsp cocoa powder and a tiny bit of fat free natural yogurt and sweetener. Now that they've been in the fridge the middle has set like icing and they look super!

5 Scan Bran or 5 oat bran
2 eggs
80g cooked plain beetroot (not pickled though lol!)
3 level tablespoons of cocoa powder
5 heaped dessert spoons of sweetener
Frylight

Method

Boil the kettle and break up the scan/oat bran and cover in boiling water to soften.

While that is doing put the eggs, cocoa powder, sweetener and beetroot into the food processor and blend to a puree (beetroot doesn't have syns when pureed remember as it is a veg!).

Drain scan/oat bran off and add to the processor and blend again.

Spray a microwavable dish liberally with frylight and pour the mixture in which will look a deep pinky purple colour.

Microwave on high for about 8 minutes. Eat with a spoon. :eek:

I microwaved mine but have made things before in the oven even though the recipe say to microwave and they have been fine. I would normally use a silicon mini muffin tray and do it in the oven but as it was my first time making them I decided not to chance it. Will be making some more this weekend - will do them in the muffin tray in the oven and let you know how they are!

15 syns for the whole thing (1.5 per Ryvita, 2.5 per tbsp cocoa powder) :)

Thanks Charlie, Im off to Tesco now so will get some beetroot....DH says to make a double batch as he does tend to scoff my 'diet food'!!! He is a human hoover!

Mmm they do look scrummy. Concerned about the beetroot though!

Lunch time now, but not really hungry. What do you ladies do if not hungry? Do you make yourself eat or just pass it by?

Whitey27 said:
Hey Charlie, isn't cocoa 1 syn per tablespoon? Yours look more yummy than mine!! :)

It says 2.5 per level tablespoon, 1 for a heaped teaspoon on the PDF thing of basic syn values.

They are delicious - how have yours turned out?

That's weird - I just looked in my book and it says 1 level tablespoon is 1 syn - i did think it was too good to be true!!

Mine were nice but I didn't blend the beat root enough xx

Lunch time now, but not really hungry. What do you ladies do if not hungry? Do you make yourself eat or just pass it by?

I didnt eat nowhere near as much as I normally do last week & STS, so my advice would be to eat....madness really, but makes sense x

kim63 said:
I didnt eat nowhere near as much as I normally do last week & STS, so my advice would be to eat....madness really, but makes sense x

I ate it at about 1.30 and surprisingly it kept me going and it was only a diddly portion.

X

Nikki<3 said:

I'm almost always hungry at lunch time. Though I do wait on my break until I'm hungry before I eat. At break I don't eat if I'm not hungry - but then again I'm usually hungry by then! What did you do?

Whitey27 said:
That's weird - I just looked in my book and it says 1 level tablespoon is 1 syn - i did think it was too good to be true!!

Mine were nice but I didn't blend the beat root enough xx

Oh I don't know now! My sheet is rather old - from 2010? I'll have a look on the NT's on the pack and see :)

parfittaroles said:
You can get tesco fat reduced cocoa powder :)

Ah thanks for that! I shop at tesco weekly so will keep and eye out for it next time!

I used Green & Blacks cocoa which is 350 cals per 100g.....3tbsp = 25g = 87.5 cals = approx 4.5 syns. So 1tbsp = 1.5 syn
I did a search on here & the syn value varied, so I just went by how many calories were in my cocoa, so the same as Charlie says in her recipe

Back