Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

debtin said:
I make my own Spag bol sauce but sometimes I like the stir in ones. Sweet pepper etc. Sometimes the home made ones are bit tangy with tinned tomato. Then are 75 cals for half tub so I don't mind if i really want it...just seems silly to not have it esp when pasta n sauce is way higher in cals yet lower in syns....its quite annoying when you think about it. Tho in fact pasta n sauce some have syns don't they?

I suppose because I've always made my own sauces I never think to buy the pre made ones. It does seem a bit crazy if we really think about some of the free foods against the synned foods, but I'm sure the very clever nutritionalists in SW Towers know what they're doing but wouldn't surprise me if one day they start synning some free foods & make chocolate free lol!!!

The non sensical parts of sw were what I liked about ww! Like if you wanted to use a jarred sauce most are only a few points for a serving, same with ready made soup. I do like making my own most of the time but it can be nice to have that kind of convenience.

Same with cereals and cereal bars I don't need to worry about it having enough fibre I can just get whatever ones are on offer and enjoy them!

Also things like a subway sandwich or certain things from McDonald's (my fave veggie sweet chilli sandwich was only 6pp!) don't need you to use an entire days syns up.

However I did eat much less on it and missed the range of free foods on sw. Wish I could combine the good parts of them both who's coming to follow my super diet lol!? ;-) x

icklerockchick said:
The non sensical parts of sw were what I liked about ww! Like if you wanted to use a jarred sauce most are only a few points for a serving, same with ready made soup. I do like making my own most of the time but it can be nice to have that kind of convenience.

Same with cereals and cereal bars I don't need to worry about it having enough fibre I can just get whatever ones are on offer and enjoy them!

Also things like a subway sandwich or certain things from McDonald's (my fave veggie sweet chilli sandwich was only 6pp!) don't need you to use an entire days syns up.

However I did eat much less on it and missed the range of free foods on sw. Wish I could combine the good parts of them both who's coming to follow my super diet lol!? ;-) x

I think with slimming world the focus is more on sugar, calories and fat which is why things like pre made sauces, bread etc are so high in syns but not in WW points as WW factor in the other nutritional info a bit more. X

charliemm said:
I think with slimming world the focus is more on sugar, calories and fat which is why things like pre made sauces, bread etc are so high in syns but not in WW points as WW factor in the other nutritional info a bit more. X

When I did WW years ago they gave you a little calculator thingy where you looked at the non-saturated fat contents of foods to give you the point value. In the long scheme of things all diets work its up to the individual to decide what's best for them & you will lose weight if you follow that 'diet' 100%!

My mum has been peeking through my little food notebook I've been keeping and she's been watching me constantly grabbing from the fruit bowl or going out for walks or other exercise and she said to me today, "I can't wait until you weigh yourself. I'm dying to find out how you do." lol
Fingers crossed I'm in the 8s next time I Weigh In. ^_~

Do you, after looking through all the different "diets" out there, I dont think there will ever be a perfect one. There are always going to be some things which aren't going to suit everyone and realistically my bmi is 21 and I think thats a reason I find it hard to stick to a "diet" that and the fact im still in a "newish" relationship and I'm sure when anyone moves in with the bf then diets go on the back burner so to speak.

Also, I always feel like I want to relax with a drink or a takeaway after work because its quite a sad job and makes me relax. I'm going to try mixing my diet up a bit because I'd say 90% of the time I dont eat nearly enough calories and maybe im in starvation?

xx

Nikki<3 said:
Do you, after looking through all the different "diets" out there, I dont think there will ever be a perfect one. There are always going to be some things which aren't going to suit everyone and realistically my bmi is 21 and I think thats a reason I find it hard to stick to a "diet" that and the fact im still in a "newish" relationship and I'm sure when anyone moves in with the bf then diets go on the back burner so to speak.

Also, I always feel like I want to relax with a drink or a takeaway after work because its quite a sad job and makes me relax. I'm going to try mixing my diet up a bit because I'd say 90% of the time I dont eat nearly enough calories and maybe im in starvation?

xx

I've had my best losses since I moved in with OH as I now control the menu and shopping ;P

And I agree there is no perfect diet as SW has helped me shift almost 5 stone but is a bit pants at helping you to maintain!

Nikki<3 said:

xx

When I start thinking about it all too much I don't think I eat enough. Even today, dinner wasn't so good and am thinking of food a lot and can't think of what I can have as have used healthy extras and stuck for something. Nightmare and need to stop over analysing.
You should just enjoy your relationship and food and see how you get on x

I make my own Spag bol sauce but sometimes I like the stir in ones. Sweet pepper etc. Sometimes the home made ones are bit tangy with tinned tomato. Then are 75 cals for half tub so I don't mind if i really want it...just seems silly to not have it esp when pasta n sauce is way higher in cals yet lower in syns....its quite annoying when you think about it. Tho in fact pasta n sauce some have syns don't they?

Tiny bit of sugar takes the tangyness away.

I have also been known to make the occassional smoothie and not syn it - quite the rebel too ;)

Plus wholemeal wraps are found in the BREAD aisle and it clearly states that you can have 70g of ANY wholemeal bread. Not that i would ever tweak :p

I think "sensible" tweaks are fine as long as you are getting the results you want but at the end of the day if you are struggling to lose then they should be the first thing to go. Im with you all on the why is processed crap free when you have to syn much healthier alternatives.

I have the opposite problem I eat too much I love food! As long as I am eating the right things it doesn't bother me and it makes resisting the naughties easier as I am not starving. I do find now that most things I crave never taste that good - like a dominoes pizza - but booze, chocolate and crisps always taste too good! I hear a lot of people saying that their appetite decreases as they get smaller and I wish mine would :-/ I am never under calories I don't think as I have a lot of meals based around carbs since I'm veggie but really fussy eater and hate all salad lol! I'll eat your extra calories for you all ;-) Its a shame that dieting gives a lot of people an unhealthy attitude towards food- obsessing over syn counting and portion sizes and not enjoying meals out for fear of weight gain :-( luckily my heads in the right place and I now enjoy all my food and social situations when they arise I just wish I could share that with you all you beautiful slim ladies!! X

I have the opposite problem I eat too much I love food! As long as I am eating the right things it doesn't bother me and it makes resisting the naughties easier as I am not starving. I do find now that most things I crave never taste that good - like a dominoes pizza - but booze, chocolate and crisps always taste too good! I hear a lot of people saying that their appetite decreases as they get smaller and I wish mine would :-/ I am never under calories I don't think as I have a lot of meals based around carbs since I'm veggie but really fussy eater and hate all salad lol! I'll eat your extra calories for you all ;-) Its a shame that dieting gives a lot of people an unhealthy attitude towards food- obsessing over syn counting and portion sizes and not enjoying meals out for fear of weight gain :-( luckily my heads in the right place and I now enjoy all my food and social situations when they arise I just wish I could share that with you all you beautiful slim ladies!! X

Laura, I've highlighted a part of your quote above because - WELL SAID! :D

Kim (9st 6lbs)
Tuesday 8th - 100% Red Day. 3 x Hex's. 8 Syns

Nikki (9st 11bs)
Tuesday 8th -

Vicky (10st)
Tuesday 8th -

Debbie (8st 9lbs)
Tuesday -

Lynica (9st 8lbs)
Tuesday -

icklerockchick said:

What a fantastic post laura !!! :) so well said x

kim63 said:
Kim (9st 6lbs)
Tuesday 8th - 100% Red Day. 3 x Hex's. 8 Syns

Nikki (9st 11bs)
Tuesday 8th -

Vicky (10st)
Tuesday 8th -

Debbie (8st 9lbs)
Tuesday -

Lynica (9st 8lbs)
Tuesday - 100% EE 1x hexa 2x1/2's hexb 8.5 syns
-

Fantastic post

I don't obsess over portion size, I eat a ridiculous amount, my appetite has gone up rather then down the smaller I've got

Lost 1/2lb this week, which brings me to 9 stone 1, hoping I'll loose at least 1lb this week, hopefully more to take me under 9 stone, but I can't imagine I'll ever get there at this rate

My appetite has increased too, probs with the exercise I've been doing! And I always have carbs, I love pasta, rice and potatoes to much to do red days!

icklerockchick said:
Yep well said and that's the frame of mind I need, esp when in the "zone". Just the reality check I should keep on my fridge ;)

donna88 said:
Fantastic post

I don't obsess over portion size, I eat a ridiculous amount, my appetite has gone up rather then down the smaller I've got

Lost 1/2lb this week, which brings me to 9 stone 1, hoping I'll loose at least 1lb this week, hopefully more to take me under 9 stone, but I can't imagine I'll ever get there at this rate

Well done on your loss...how's the tummy?

Kim I have been 100% too. EE with 9 syns.
Also (finally) completed level 1 of the shred. My 10 day break between days 8-10 meant it took much longer than I planned but at least I committed to finishing it which is big push in right direction for me.
May take measurements tom but not sure since it wasn't exactly done within a reasonable time...but hey ho, level two next.
Kim l keep chuckling when doing it when I remember "the squawky american bird" haha

Back