Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Thanks Vicky! =)

debtin said:
Wow well done. What jobs was it? Is it sociology you did but want to be chef?

Aye that's right, one job is a catering assistant position, but the hours aren't really secure enough. The second one is a full time bar job at spoons in Stansted airport. So reckon i'll go for the second een though it isn't a kitchen job it's more secure. And means i can do part time professional cookert nvq on the side as well =)

Yikes afraid so. That include two slices bread, two packets crisp and chocolate. Oops. Good thing was I didn't decide to "sod it" for today. Go me haha

Well done, as it would be too easy to just carry on with that eating pattern & blow all your good losses x

Hey ladies! Just been to my second job interview this weekand actually ended up getting both jobs. So now i need to decide what one to go with after my trial days xD.

I've been wildly off plan recently due to family issues and constantly going back and forth to kent as i'm still moving back. So i'm considering taking myself off the challenge until next week maybe when i'll be able to get stuck in. Thay or just keep trying to have a few 100% no syn days a few times this week...

Confused haha.

Glad everyone seems to be a bit happier on here lately, its clearly because the suns trying to come out again =P. We can't deal with miserable weather x

If I were you, I would come off the challenge until you're all settled & you can concentrate 100% on SW x

Thanks Vicky! =)

Aye that's right, one job is a catering assistant position, but the hours aren't really secure enough. The second one is a full time bar job at spoons in Stansted airport. So reckon i'll go for the second een though it isn't a kitchen job it's more secure. And means i can do part time professional cookert nvq on the side as well =)

Congratulations on getting the job. Think the Stanstead bar job would be more interesting as you'd get to meet all sorts of people! x

Hey ladies! Just been to my second job interview this weekand actually ended up getting both jobs. So now i need to decide what one to go with after my trial days xD.

I've been wildly off plan recently due to family issues and constantly going back and forth to kent as i'm still moving back. So i'm considering taking myself off the challenge until next week maybe when i'll be able to get stuck in. Thay or just keep trying to have a few 100% no syn days a few times this week...

Confused haha.

Glad everyone seems to be a bit happier on here lately, its clearly because the suns trying to come out again =P. We can't deal with miserable weather x

Thanks Vicky! =)

congratulations on the two jobs, sounds very good!

id stick with the 100% challenge as much as you can, i find it motivates me on days when i can be 100%

Just done a 45min bike ride randomly as nice weather is upon us. I am so worn out, shows how unfit i am really haha. But feels really good. Definitely going to fit that in more often.

I probably will come off the 100% challenge for now. Feels like i've just been wasting everyones time haha. I want to get back on this with a vengence and i will! Just gets so hard with everything going on atm and moving home. But we will all get there eventually eh? x

MidnightPrincess said:
Just done a 45min bike ride randomly as nice weather is upon us. I am so worn out, shows how unfit i am really haha. But feels really good. Definitely going to fit that in more often.

I probably will come off the 100% challenge for now. Feels like i've just been wasting everyones time haha. I want to get back on this with a vengence and i will! Just gets so hard with everything going on atm and moving home. But we will all get there eventually eh? x

Good stuff on the bike ride hun. I went on a bike ride In France last week, first time on a bike in about 13 years... 30 minutes late I ached like agony! X

I probably will come off the 100% challenge for now. Feels like i've just been wasting everyones time haha. I want to get back on this with a vengence and i will! Just gets so hard with everything going on atm and moving home. But we will all get there eventually eh? x[/QUOTE

Well done on the ride Claire! Is it a road or mountains bike? Im back into my cycling again & is great for toning & I try to do between 20 - 40 miles 4-5 times per week. Once you get over the 'saddle soreness', you'll love it, but if you want to take it up seriously, my advice would be to get some padded shorts if you haven't got any already!
You haven't been wasting anyones time Claire, you've had lots of other things to worry about, so just come back to it when you feel you're ready xx

I'm in the 9s, currently 9st8/9st9 and really want to get my chubby ass into the 8s soon!

Haha, dont we all! Welcome to the 9's, soon to be the 8's we hope lol!

Nikki<3 said:
Good stuff on the bike ride hun. I went on a bike ride In France last week, first time on a bike in about 13 years... 30 minutes late I ached like agony! X

Oh i know that feeling right now haha. My back is all over the place just after that ride. But i know once it becomes a regular thing my body will get used to it and stop complaining!

Kim, i definitely need to invest in better exercise gear all round really haha. Tbh today was very impromptu so i was wearing jeans... Not very good for cycling really =P. I definitely want to fit in cycling and swimming.

My best friend will be moving back from uni soon and she wants to get on the SW bandwagon as well, we're gonna join the gym and motivate each other. I know i'll be seeing the weight drop off then =)

gunsandbanjos said:
I'm in the 9s, currently 9st8/9st9 and really want to get my chubby ass into the 8s soon!

Well done so far =). I wish i was even 9st 8! Been stuck around the same 3lbs for ages now due to life getting inthe way haha

^That'll be great, my friend doesn't live near me but she does slimming world now as well, its nice knowing if we're going to her house things will be slimming world friendly or if we go out I'm not the only one trying to be good.

Stuffed after my spicy quorn lasagne, it was a lot spicier then normal as well, was lovely though.

Ok so just laying my cards on the table. I am 3lb lighter than I was this exact time last year. Good? Yes suppose so. Not the best is it esp watching what I eat, counting syns etc......am I the only one who clearly can't stick at being good? Can't manage 100% days?
What did you guys all weigh one year ago?
I know come my night out I will be off plan, I know come sat I will try but know if we go out for fathers day I will again be off plan. No point pretending.
What makes us be focused at certain times and not others? Sorry just thinking out Loud really but anyone any thoughts?

debtin said:
Ok so just laying my cards on the table. I am 3lb lighter than I was this exact time last year. Good? Yes suppose so. Not the best is it esp watching what I eat, counting syns etc......am I the only one who clearly can't stick at being good? Can't manage 100% days?
I know come my night out I will be off plan, I know come sat I will try but know if we go out for fathers day I will again be off plan. No point pretending.
What makes us be focused at certain times and not others? Sorry just thinking out Loud really but anyone any thoughts?

I'm 1lb heavier than this time last year, but I've learnt to realise that I can put 8-9lbs on very quickly and lose it very quickly too. So I'm kind of in a complacent place right now, trying to eat healthy by cutting back on the wine and the meals out and hopefully small weight losses will follow. 3lb lighter is better than 3lb heavier hun :)

I'm no good at even trying to be good all the time. Life's too short and life gets in the way. I'm more than happy to take my weight loss at a 1lb a week or even 0.5lb a week if I'm still able to go out and enjoy myself.

I've also come to realise that I can happily be on plan day in day out of we don't have a drink, I'm the worlds worst for "all or nothing" and I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to have a couple of drinks and not feel the need to have big bags of crisps and Chinese!

I've also realised that I'm in fact smack bang inthe middle of my healthy BMI and walkin through town today I caught a glimpse a full mirror and thought I actually don't look too bad..... It's just the nakedness which scares me!!

Ooops bit of a ramble there! X

I am also only a couple lbs lighter than I was this time last year!!

I did sw for a while the first time and lost a decent amount of weight on it but once I got into roller derby I really didn't need to watch what I was eating so closely as the 9 hours of exercise a week plus I used to walk quite a bit too basically kept my weight fairly constant. I did still eat mostly sw friendly meals as that's what I was used to eating and a lot of what I eat is grains/pasta/veg etc being veggie anyway.

However I did get into the bad habit of having takeaway at least once a week and my snacks were less healthy too - often had big bags of Doritos or kettle chips to myself eek!

Rejoined sw after the ankle break - well a bit after the cast came off as literally none of my jeans fitted anymore as I had spent the whole time in jogging bottoms when I had the cast on and being stuck inside all day alone meant I really turned to comfort eating. Nice to fit into normal clothes again :-D

Sometimes I do find sticking to plan difficult and generally if a social situation comes up I will just have that day off plan I think enjoying life is far more important and if you can be good most of the time no point beating yourself up about the few times you enjoy yourself. Food or drink with friends and having a good time isn't necessarily a bad thing and I think most of us here have took the scenic route to weight loss!! X

Nikki<3 said:
I'm 1lb heavier than this time last year, but I've learnt to realise that I can put 8-9lbs on very quickly and lose it very quickly too. So I'm kind of in a complacent place right now, trying to eat healthy by cutting back on the wine and the meals out and hopefully small weight losses will follow. 3lb lighter is better than 3lb heavier hun :)

I'm no good at even trying to be good all the time. Life's too short and life gets in the way. I'm more than happy to take my weight loss at a 1lb a week or even 0.5lb a week if I'm still able to go out and enjoy myself.

I've also come to realise that I can happily be on plan day in day out of we don't have a drink, I'm the worlds worst for "all or nothing" and I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to have a couple of drinks and not feel the need to have big bags of crisps and Chinese!

I've also realised that I'm in fact smack bang inthe middle of my healthy BMI and walkin through town today I caught a glimpse a full mirror and thought I actually don't look too bad..... It's just the nakedness which scares me!!

Ooops bit of a ramble there! X

I could have written most of that myself nikki, just can't word it as good. The thing is I do like being on plan and how it makes me feel, I just hate knowing I have good weekend comin up and know I will feel guilty.
I am so glad I do sw, its just feels like am good, bad, good and so the merry go round continues.
I realise that this is better than being bad bad bad and if I eat good five or six days out the week then I can allow myself a guilt free day...this isn't really meant to happen tho is it? DAys off usually result in weeks off. I guess I need to learn to find a balance between having the naughty things, being good and doing excercise instead of getting wrapped up in it.
3lbs is good and glad I wrote this
Thanks nikki

icklerockchick said:
Well done on the loss our bodies are strange things eh? Where are you off to on holiday? Agree all inclusive is fab but anytime I go I put on so much weight - all those yummy cocktails and food! X

Thanks really chuffed to be honest :) we off to Ibiza in 8 weeks !! Got to be good though all inclusive are great for the purse but not my butt ha ha x

kim63 said:
Really hope it gives you the loss you hope for & really interested to see how you get on with it xx

Thats still 10 syns per day & you could always have vodka & slimline when you go out to keep the synnage a bit lower!
Deb, I put you down as 47 Syns yesterday, as that works out you have 50 left.....is that correct? xx

Yay, you can do it! xx

Wow, well done Ronnie you must be so chuffed. It goes to show that it is possible to maintain/lose without trying. You obviously have SW ingrained in the grey matter & made some sensible choices!
Where are you going on holiday? How many weeks til holiday?
So, you'll have a super slim bod & super smooth face for the jolly hols then!!! xx

Thanks Kim really chuffed just got to keep on track and hope it stays off :) going Ibiza in 8 weeks !!!

lilprincessvic said:
Wish I could lol. I have 1 day off plan and gain lol.

When I went to America last year I only gained 5lbs n was so happy with that cos I ate loads lol x

Well I'm just the same normally I've only lost 3lb since January so very slow but dead chuffed to see 9.6 !!! Would love go America x

debtin said:
Ronnie that is brilliant. Swear if I loss a pound am happy happy happy. Many moons ago I lost 2lb at one weigh in....was great lol

Thanks Deb x

MidnightPrincess said:

Confused haha.

Well done 2 jobs that's brilliant good luck with them , I'd try and stay on the 100% challenge when you can I'm finding that it's keeping me good when I can just don't put too much pressure on yourself be on track when you can x

gunsandbanjos said:

Hi and welcome well done x

donna88 said:
^That'll be great, my friend doesn't live near me but she does slimming world now as well, its nice knowing if we're going to her house things will be slimming world friendly or if we go out I'm not the only one trying to be good.

Stuffed after my spicy quorn lasagne, it was a lot spicier then normal as well, was lovely though.

Spicy quorn lasagne sounds yummy is the recipe on here love lasagne xx

debtin said:

Deb bless you :) I think You put a lot of pressure on yourself. I'm on my phone so can't see your stats but I'm sure your in the 8's aren't you?? And to be lighter than last year is brill especially being so low , what is your target ?
From the photo you posted the other week you looked lovely and slim but I do understand how you feel our heads take longer to catch up.
I think really you are maintaining and doing it really well, why not have a break from trying to lose and just get used to being the weight you are now.
I decided that a while back and since then without the pressure I've lost 2lbs I also think that month I stopped wi every week helped me get out of the scale obsession.
Hope that helps you are doing great deb and always cheer my day up keep smiling huni xx

icklerockchick said:
I am also only a couple lbs lighter than I was this time last year!!

I did sw for a while the first time and lost a decent amount of weight on it but once I got into roller derby I really didn't need to watch what I was eating so closely as the 9 hours of exercise a week plus I used to walk quite a bit too basically kept my weight fairly constant. I did still eat mostly sw friendly meals as that's what I was used to eating and a lot of what I eat is grains/pasta/veg etc being veggie anyway.

However I did get into the bad habit of having takeaway at least once a week and my snacks were less healthy too - often had big bags of Doritos or kettle chips to myself eek!

Rejoined sw after the ankle break - well a bit after the cast came off as literally none of my jeans fitted anymore as I had spent the whole time in jogging bottoms when I had the cast on and being stuck inside all day alone meant I really turned to comfort eating. Nice to fit into normal clothes again :-D

Sometimes I do find sticking to plan difficult and generally if a social situation comes up I will just have that day off plan I think enjoying life is far more important and if you can be good most of the time no point beating yourself up about the few times you enjoy yourself. Food or drink with friends and having a good time isn't necessarily a bad thing and I think most of us here have took the scenic route to weight loss!! X

I hear you with the kettle chips and although I had big bag crisp last week I suppose the difference was it no longer happens all the time. I like to take stock and give myself a reality check sometimes and as you say life is for living. I eat much better than I used to so that's a bonus.
I bought some reduced burgers in Asda and even tho I want them for dinner tom I feel restricted cos I don't have enough Syns to have them. I wouldn't normally eat burgers but as I say they were reduced and I fancied them hence where this prob all stems from....knowing I shouldn't but wanting them lol

lynica said:
Thanks really chuffed to be honest :) we off to Ibiza in 8 weeks !! Got to be good though all inclusive are great for the purse but not my butt ha ha x

Thanks Kim really chuffed just got to keep on track and hope it stays off :) going Ibiza in 8 weeks !!!

Well I'm just the same normally I've only lost 3lb since January so very slow but dead chuffed to see 9.6 !!! Would love go America x

Thanks Deb x

Well done 2 jobs that's brilliant good luck with them , I'd try and stay on the 100% challenge when you can I'm finding that it's keeping me good when I can just don't put too much pressure on yourself be on track when you can x

Hi and welcome well done x

Spicy quorn lasagne sounds yummy is the recipe on here love lasagne xx

Deb bless you :) I think You put a lot of pressure on yourself. I'm on my phone so can't see your stats but I'm sure your in the 8's aren't you?? And to be lighter than last year is brill especially being so low , what is your target ?
From the photo you posted the other week you looked lovely and slim but I do understand how you feel our heads take longer to catch up.
I think really you are maintaining and doing it really well, why not have a break from trying to lose and just get used to being the weight you are now.
I decided that a while back and since then without the pressure I've lost 2lbs I also think that month I stopped wi every week helped me get out of the scale obsession.
Hope that helps you are doing great deb and always cheer my day up keep smiling huni xx

Awe thanks very much. That's lovely of you and I think your right. I never ever had scales in my house til around last year. I need to put them away but also try to stay focused without tryin too hard
I am 8st 7lb and quarter, my goal was 8st 7lb. What i now realise tho is the thing makin me feel better about myself was how tight I felt after doing the shred.
I think I will do what am doing with less pressure but restart the shred as it prob the best way for me to feel better.
Ach thanks everyone, feel much better now x

debtin said:
Awe thanks very much. That's lovely of you and I think your right. I never ever had scales in my house til around last year. I need to put them away but also try to stay focused without tryin too hard
I am 8st 7lb and quarter, my goal was 8st 7lb. What i now realise tho is the thing makin me feel better about myself was how tight I felt after doing the shred.
I think I will do what am doing with less pressure but restart the shred as it prob the best way for me to feel better.
Ach thanks everyone, feel much better now x

Deb you are at target 1/4lb is nothing!!!

I agree about the shred although I'm lighter I can feel my "fat" back appearing why don't we try start it again together. I can't commit to every day but what about saying 3 times a week we could do each level once a week ???? And then I'll look and feel great in my bikini in 8 weeks. That means we'll have done it 24 times if we sneak in 6 more over the 8 weeks then it will be complete what do you think ? ;-) x

A year ago I was at target of 8st 7lbs after being on SW for 7 months. I decided to join after I had my first surgery & piled on the weight & at my heaviest I was 11st 6lbs eeek!!! When I started SW I was 11st 3lbs, so lost a total of 2st 10lbs. I maintained between 8.7 - 9st til last November when I had my 2nd surgery, couldn't even lift a kettle for 12 weeks & piled it on again to 10st 7lbs another big fat eeek!!!

Just imagine tho Deb, if you didn't follow the SW principles & have the support of this forum, you may eat the wrong things 5 times a week instead of the right things 5 days a week, which you're more or less doing now. As some of the other girls have said, you seem to be maintaining & maybe thats where your body wants to be & its just exercise that you need now. You need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself by feeling guilty if you have a night out or just want that extra glass of wine, that is life, we all have social occasions we attend & believe me none of us stay on plan when we have them!
If you want to maintain your weight or even lose a wee bit more, try to stop over thinking it all & allow yourself what you want, within reason & dont fall off the wagon the next day. I think if you give yourself permission to be like that, you may start to enjoy the 'healthy lifestyle' of SW. Stop thinking of it as a diet & more of a healthy way of life.xx

Back