Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

kim63 said:
Well done Jo & welcome back

Hi Nikki, I cant claim to be that inventive with the muffins as saw it on another thread!

Thought you'd been naughty as you'd gone awol for a few days!
Whats the Splendour Festival?
If Im doing fajitas I never have the wraps, just the chicken/pepper/onion with the gaucamole & greek yoghurt......just as delicious with only a few syns for the gaucamole.......ooh you've just given me an idea for dinner as I've got some chicken breasts, so Im going to make fajitas now. How do you make yours? I marinade the sliced chicken in lime juice, green chilis & coriander & 'fry' it up with loads of peppers & onions......schimples! x

It's a festival at wollaton park and it's a one day thing with dizzee rascal, razor light, Katy b, hard fi and loads of others. Really looking forward to it!!

I must admit I do still use the old el paso fajita spice, it's 5.5 syns for the whole packet and I only use half for 2 of us so just count 1syn. I then have the old el pas guacamole which 1.5 syns for 2 tbsp. Think I'll get some weight watchers wraps and maybe just have 1 at 5 syns. My healthy extra of cheese and lots of peppers and onions. Drooling thinking about it!!

Did you hear back from that job you went for a couple of weeks ago Donna?
Must admit I much prefer Red/Green days for my Hex's, as I have to juggle things about a lot more on EE, especially if I haven't been shopping in a while, like today. The fridge & for once the freezer is bare, as I ran everything down when we went away last week! DH is on leave from tomorrow, so shopping is a must as that boy can eat!

Are you doing the simply filling plan like Laura or Pro Points Vicky? Good on you for sticky with it especially with the cravings & Im sure they will pass once your body gets used to the hormones. Could you not use the diaphragm???!!!! x

I didn't hear anything so assuming I didn't get it. :( was a long shot being a primary school anyway.

I like all 3 plans to be honest, but do enjoy having the HEXs

Have decided not to WI tomorrow, as TOTM is now 2 weeks late & Im all puffy, so feel like a right chubber!
Next Friday is my 'goal date' & cant see that I will lose 4lbs by then, but Im not unhappy about it, as feel good at this weight.

Looking back on my stats, I seemed to have 8 weeks between March & May bouncing between the same weight, so am assuming that was lack of exercise & feeling quite miserable with my general health. So, it goes to show, for me, its healthy eating, exercise & general well being that helps me to lose weight. Getting back to work will be interesting, as I will be doing shifts again which can play havoc with the metabolism & trying to fit in exercise, but I wont let it slip as Im determined not to put weight back on again. My plan is to follow SW to the letter, but if I fancy a meal out/drinks at the weekend I will, as long as I get straight back on plan. I think thats the only way I will maintain, by staying focused on the plan, or all the nasty habits of 'one wont hurt' will come creeping back.

I've noticed Im a binge eater/drinker, as one packet of sweets wont do, I have to have about 3, in a bowl & eat the lot. One drink wont do, I have to have the whole bottle! Over the past few months I have really curbed my drinking & dont really want it. Proof in the pudding was the Summer Ball, only had about 6 vodka & slimlines.....very unusual for me!!!

Next week at the wedding Im going to drive during the day & then just a few in the evening. Dont think I'll be able to manage to be good on the food front, but I refuse to feel guilty about that, as its only one weekend out of many! Supposidly Whitby has the best Fish & Chip shop in the country?, so we're going there on Friday night as the bride has booked out the whole restaurant for all the guests!

Blimey I do prattle on sometimes! Really must get to Tesco & buy some food! x

kim63 said:
Have decided not to WI tomorrow, as TOTM is now 2 weeks late & Im all puffy, so feel like a right chubber!
Next Friday is my 'goal date' & cant see that I will lose 4lbs by then, but Im not unhappy about it, as feel good at this weight.

Looking back on my stats, I seemed to have 8 weeks between March & May bouncing between the same weight, so am assuming that was lack of exercise & feeling quite miserable with my general health. So, it goes to show, for me, its healthy eating, exercise & general well being that helps me to lose weight. Getting back to work will be interesting, as I will be doing shifts again which can play havoc with the metabolism & trying to fit in exercise, but I wont let it slip as Im determined not to put weight back on again. My plan is to follow SW to the letter, but if I fancy a meal out/drinks at the weekend I will, as long as I get straight back on plan. I think thats the only way I will maintain, by staying focused on the plan, or all the nasty habits of 'one wont hurt' will come creeping back.

I've noticed Im a binge eater/drinker, as one packet of sweets wont do, I have to have about 3, in a bowl & eat the lot. One drink wont do, I have to have the whole bottle! Over the past few months I have really curbed my drinking & dont really want it. Proof in the pudding was the Summer Ball, only had about 6 vodka & slimlines.....very unusual for me!!!

Next week at the wedding Im going to drive during the day & then just a few in the evening. Dont think I'll be able to manage to be good on the food front, but I refuse to feel guilty about that, as its only one weekend out of many! Supposidly Whitby has the best Fish & Chip shop in the country?, so we're going there on Friday night as the bride has booked out the whole restaurant for all the guests!

Wow Kim 4lbs to go!! Exciting!!

The wedding sounds fab. My aunt always says Whitby is lovely and to go and try the fish and chips!

I'm exactly the same, major binge eater/drinker. I think it's a demon I need to conker and fast. I used to drink wine every night but I've cut that back to 2 times a week. Well apart from this week! I have drank mon tues and weds and on sat! Feeling good about the next 2 weeks though

X

kim63 said:
Did you hear back from that job you went for a couple of weeks ago Donna?
Must admit I much prefer Red/Green days for my Hex's, as I have to juggle things about a lot more on EE, especially if I haven't been shopping in a while, like today. The fridge & for once the freezer is bare, as I ran everything down when we went away last week! DH is on leave from tomorrow, so shopping is a must as that boy can eat!

Are you doing the simply filling plan like Laura or Pro Points Vicky? Good on you for sticky with it especially with the cravings & Im sure they will pass once your body gets used to the hormones. Could you not use the diaphragm???!!!! x

Pro points. The consultant said she doesn't advise doing simply filling for first 5 weeks as you need to get used to portion size first x

Bit naughty not letting you know that you didn't get it!

I know, its rather rude, but a lot of places don't bother now.

I used to be a binge eater as well, I was an absolute nightmare, couldn't stop myself. To be fair to some extent I still do it, I often on an evening just eat and eat and eat, I've just managed to stop myself binging on chocolate, sweets and crisps (well I'll have my syns allowance and HEX) and then I'll move onto the free food. I have to make sure I have loads of free and superfree in as I just demolish the lot on an evening

The wedding sounds fab, your right not to worry about it as its one weekend and its not like your off to weddings every week or even every month. Enjoy it and get back on plan after

Omg my motivation is back big style!! How strange..... I was just thinking about my bad 3 days and really they weren't that bad at all!!!

Monday we had Chinese and wine..... But the food choices I made were chow mein, rice and chicken.

Tuesday I had wine and crisps but no dinner (oops!!) down to an argument with OH may I add lol

Wednesday was curry night out and I had tomato based Currys and a meat starter!

I'm rather surprised at my choices being healthier than usual!

X

That's brilliant Nikki, especially doing it without thinking

No idea how my weekend is going to go food wise, have my boyfriends friend over for the weekend and my boyfriend has no idea what sort of food he like to eat so can't really plan anything. Having cooked breakfast on Saturday morning and that's about all I know. Will have a take away one night, but don't know whether that will be Chinese or Pizza (if its pizza I'll have a shish kebab) ... Chinese will be the problem to be honest, as normally I'm really good and will get something in black bean sauce and boiled rice.... but I'm really fancying kung po pork and I have no idea what the syns are on that... haven't had it for years but it used to be my favourite.... might see if I can trick myself into having a chow mein as a treat instead as at least its something different....

kim63 said:

Sounds like the wedding is going to be great fun, like you say you should let yourself have what you feel like as its only one weekend in the grand scheme of things and its not something that happens all the time. I'm sure you'll have a brill time.

I know the feeling of being a binge eater. Its what made me put all the weight on in the first place. That and whenever i'd have a craving for something it would never go away until i caved and had the maccy ds/chinese/cheesecake etcetc. I'm doing better with it these days, but still not great... x

Nikki<3 said:
Omg my motivation is back big style!! How strange..... I was just thinking about my bad 3 days and really they weren't that bad at all!!!

Monday we had Chinese and wine..... But the food choices I made were chow mein, rice and chicken.

Tuesday I had wine and crisps but no dinner (oops!!) down to an argument with OH may I add lol

Wednesday was curry night out and I had tomato based Currys and a meat starter!

I'm rather surprised at my choices being healthier than usual!

X

Thatd great news Nikki! Shows it all gets ingrained into our systems after a while haha. I find i always only have chow mein from chinese now, no sweet n sour chicken balls and anything deep fried xD x

donna88 said:
That's brilliant Nikki, especially doing it without thinking

No idea how my weekend is going to go food wise, have my boyfriends friend over for the weekend and my boyfriend has no idea what sort of food he like to eat so can't really plan anything. Having cooked breakfast on Saturday morning and that's about all I know. Will have a take away one night, but don't know whether that will be Chinese or Pizza (if its pizza I'll have a shish kebab) ... Chinese will be the problem to be honest, as normally I'm really good and will get something in black bean sauce and boiled rice.... but I'm really fancying kung po pork and I have no idea what the syns are on that... haven't had it for years but it used to be my favourite.... might see if I can trick myself into having a chow mein as a treat instead as at least its something different....

If it helps apparently kung po chicken from m&s is 10syns? x

If it helps apparently kung po chicken from m&s is 10syns? x

Oooo thanks for that, I've never been able to find anything. That's not too bad.... I suppose take away will probably be worse (and pork would be worse but I think I'd be happy with chicken instead of pork to be fair) as long as I was syn free the rest of the day I could treat myself. Have to see what they fancy for take away anyway before making any decisions lol

donna88 said:
Oooo thanks for that, I've never been able to find anything. That's not too bad.... I suppose take away will probably be worse (and pork would be worse but I think I'd be happy with chicken instead of pork to be fair) as long as I was syn free the rest of the day I could treat myself. Have to see what they fancy for take away anyway before making any decisions lol

True true xD you can always have it with boiled rice as well. Obviously if they choose pizza that would be a difficult one, but i'm assuming they order from a jack-of-all-trades place if you're thinking of getting kebabs?

How bad are kebabs actually? I've no idea haha x

:-o I just found jalapeños!! So excited for dinner now!

True true xD you can always have it with boiled rice as well. Obviously if they choose pizza that would be a difficult one, but i'm assuming they order from a jack-of-all-trades place if you're thinking of getting kebabs?

How bad are kebabs actually? I've no idea haha x

I'm not sure, but I just count a couple of syns for any oil used as the meat is free, the salad is free and the meat is grilled, so its just the marinade and any oil they use when grilling. I'll probably still keep it syn free the rest of the day if I go for kebabs, or only have something very low syn.... me and little one are going to make chocolate and apricot brownies tomorrow, 3.5 syns each so could have one of them and a kebab.

:-o I just found jalapeños!! So excited for dinner now!

I love jalapenos always have them in the house lol

Im off to Tesco now to get all my bits for a fajita frenzy tonight......thanks for the idea Niknok! x

Jealous of everyone having their fajita's tonight! I want to join in

kim63 said:
Im off to Tesco now to get all my bits for a fajita frenzy tonight......thanks for the idea Niknok! x

Hehe your welcome :) enjoy :-D x

Ladies need some sense spoken. I feel like I want to go to group for few weeks at least. Reason I couldn't last time as wee one was with me and it wasn't working. Anyway one of the reason I am hesitating is because whatever day I go or time I weigh in at, I know it won't be a true reflection my my true weight. I weigh in first thing in morning and in my underwear. Am I being silly? Just thinking it will prob come to weigh in day and i will weigh myself before class.....argh what do you think?

Back