Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Whats your stats GA and tell us a little about yourself.....bit nosey on here lol!

You asked for some stats, how many years have you got?!!:D

I`m in my 50`s, 5ft 4ins and started out at 13st 5lbs.
Had a few ups and downs on SW. About 18 months ago I reached 9st7lbs but had a major relapse and ended up putting 2st back on:( Came back to SW properly in January and had steady losses since. Although for the last couple of weeks I`ve been doing red days and have lost 6lbs in two weeks:) I`ve set myself a fairly ridiculous target of 8st10lbs.

I`m a full time carer for my husband. He had to give up work after a car accident three years ago. Our world was turned upsidedown:( . It left him with mobility and memory issues. He can`t be left alone for very long. Being at home all the time isn`t easy, in fact it can be very frustrating. I do SW at home as I can`t afford to go to class. The girls on the "Doing SW at home" thread have been a great support!:)

Due to having dodgy knees I can only do walking as exercise which I do at least once a day. I know swimming is good, but I never learned how - I swim like a brick:) Have to wait for my son to come over to dad-sit before I can go out alone. The name - GrannieAnnie, well that`s cos I am one! Five grandkids at the moment with number six due in November!!:D

Weaknesses, that` s easy. Brandy, rum and chocolate!! But not all together!! :D
Have learned to control them using my syns:D

That`s about it!

^^ I don't know, I could have all three together :p

Sounds like you have it tough, you're doing really well with your losses though lately by the sounds of it :) well done. It can be done at home, I'm very tempted to try going it alone, but I'm a bit addicted to my group (and also at the moment I'm at target so its free to go so I suppose it would be a bit silly to not take advantage) may not be at target after summer though as I have so many plans coming up.

Had a few ups and downs on SW. About 18 months ago I reached 9st7lbs but had a major relapse and ended up putting 2st back on:( Came back to SW properly in January and had steady losses since. Although for the last couple of weeks I`ve been doing red days and have lost 6lbs in two weeks:) I`ve set myself a fairly ridiculous target of 8st10lbs.

I`m a full time carer for my husband. He had to give up work after a car accident three years ago. Our world was turned upsidedown:( . It left him with mobility and memory issues. He can`t be left alone for very long. Being at home all the time isn`t easy, in fact it can be very frustrating. I do SW at home as I can`t afford to go to class. The girls on the "Doing SW at home" thread have been a great support!:)

Due to having dodgy knees I can only do walking as exercise which I do at least once a day. I know swimming is good, but I never learned how - I swim like a brick:) Have to wait for my son to come over to dad-sit before I can go out alone. The name - GrannieAnnie, well that`s cos I am one! Five grandkids at the moment with number six due in November!!:D

That`s about it!

welcome grannie Annie. you sound like a wonderful person with a lot going on and i can only say well done for doing so well..you will get to where you want to be through time. lots of wee ones kicking about to keep you going too lol
feel free to come in and join, the girls are fab and no more about me than most folk in my real life lol

Welcome GA! We are a friendly bunch in here and my gosh we can talk!

Well ladies i am highly pi**** off. OH is at a leaving meal tonight and he said he would be on the last bus home. I just got a text and he has just finished eating and going out for a few drinks!!! Not only are we skint as we have 6 birthdays all between tomorrow and next weekend but he will roll in drunk as a skunk and probably wake millie in the process!

Well ladies i am highly pi**** off. OH is at a leaving meal tonight and he said he would be on the last bus home. I just got a text and he has just finished eating and going out for a few drinks!!! Not only are we skint as we have 6 birthdays all between tomorrow and next weekend but he will roll in drunk as a skunk and probably wake millie in the process!

I know that feeling my OH does it all time. I've even had him turn up at gone 9am in the past n I went mental with him. Think it's a man thing

Welcome grannieannie. If you ever need to off load or chat we r a very chatty group and great listeners :-D most of us have had our ups and downs weight wise and life wise so can all support you in the last leg of your journey :-D

Debs I know what you mean I write more things on here than I verbalise in real life!

Nikki I would be kicking him up the arse when he gets in!!

hope he wasn't late in nikki. i would stay calm and make sure its your turn soon and see how he likes it lol

Oh no Nikki, hope he didn't spend too much and hope he didn't get in too late.

We're skint at the minute too, but have so much coming up :/ hoping we see a massive difference in money in September with me having a proper job and him getting more money too-but I just worry we won't see the difference as everthing seems to just cost more and more money! I still don't know if I'm out tomorrow night (hope I'm not actually as it'll be expensive on money and syns) and he's out next Friday!

Haha GA I think we all seem to offload more then we should on here at times, I know I have, but its what we're all here for, just for a bit of support when we need it. I suppose I shouldn't really be here as I've given up on getting into the 8's (at least for now) as I'm concentrating more on my running and toning, but I'm addicted

Grrrr - just had a call from little one's dad, he's been broken into (well he left the front door unlocked when he came in after ''only a couple'' of drinks) they've taken his TV and little one's money box, which had £60 in which he was going to be spending on his Birthday... he's asked me to break the news to little one which I have, but I don't quite understand what that means, does he just think little one will be upset its gone, or does it mean he's not going to replace it and little one isn't getting much for his Birthday from him? Also makes it awkward now as he's sponsored him £2.50 for his walk today, but he hasn't given it to me, so if he doesn't mention it I don't know if I feel like I can ask for it but we're already paying for ours and boyfriends parents (as they live away) it all adds up :/

2.45am he rolled in!! I darent even look at the bank account.

Really looking forward to today. Its my besties 24th birthday and because she is 30 weeks pregnant we cant do our usual activities so we are off into town for a spot of retail therapy and lunch

Struggling this week ladies :-( feel like my TOm is due but had it 2 weeks ago feels like my whole month now is building up to it instead of a few days before
I've wi everyday too and I'm still 2lb up from last Friday wi ... I gain so easily it's really getting me down again. I'm never going be 9 something for my hols now and although I don't look that much different it's knowing I'll gain when I'm away so will probably be back at 10.7 or nearer 11 stone when I'm back... OMG how depressing is that but I don't want to be constantly thinking about what I'm eating and drinking on holiday
Why can't I just sits or loss weight god it's not like I eat crap all day
Sorry for rant ladies but feeling really upset and confused by it all :-(((( xx

Struggling this week ladies :-( feel like my TOm is due but had it 2 weeks ago feels like my whole month now is building up to it instead of a few days before
I've wi everyday too and I'm still 2lb up from last Friday wi ... I gain so easily it's really getting me down again. I'm never going be 9 something for my hols now and although I don't look that much different it's knowing I'll gain when I'm away so will probably be back at 10.7 or nearer 11 stone when I'm back... OMG how depressing is that but I don't want to be constantly thinking about what I'm eating and drinking on holiday

STOP DAILY WEIGHING!!!!

2.45am he rolled in!! I darent even look at the bank account.

Really looking forward to today. Its my besties 24th birthday and because she is 30 weeks pregnant we cant do our usual activities so we are off into town for a spot of retail therapy and lunch

Awww sounds lovely, hope you have a fab day.

Don't worry about the rant, its what we're here for, but stop daily WI and stop worrying if its star week you'll have some water retention. Don't worry while your on holiday either, just enjoy yourself and do your best.

You've answered one of my questions about myself though, I'm being a nightmare and can't stop snacking, today I had my breakfast of fruit and yogurt and have already eaten a pack of tikka chicken pieces (luckily a free pack) and I made a scan bran cake to eat later and I've already eaten at least possibly more then half of that.... but I started my break from the pill on Monday so it will be star week looming (I knew it was coming but completely forgot about that causing an increase in appetite.

guys what's the deal with sports bras? do you just buy same size as regular ones? i have some non wired support bras from when pregnancy are they similar? my bra is choking life out of me tonight. am sure it contributed to how uneasy under my boobs were tonight when running. just had nipples popping out when running so wear slight padded one.
on good note...two miles done yay

I would suggest you buy a decent sports bra or you will end up bashing those 'girls' about! I've just bought a Panache sports bra & its fabulous, not that I've worn it yet cos Im waiting for a different size, but its certainly very supportive x

That`s about it!

Well done GA on your great weight loss so far and sorry to hear about your husband.....it must be tough for you being his main carer.
I've lost my weight by doing 'alone, at home' as well, as didn't really like group. Its been slow, but I got there by being focused & determined, but think mainly its the support from this group thats kept me going.

Oh Ronnie, what we going to do with you! If you honestly know its not the food cos you're following SW to the letter, it sounds as tho its hormonal in my opinion. I think we've mentioned this before, but could you be peri-menopausal, cos that plays havoc with our weight & sounds as tho you might be retaining fluid. Are your fingers puffy/rings tight, do you feel bloated? If so, you really need to push the fluids and get rid of that retention. You could always try some herbal 'water tablets'. Have you had your thyroid levels checked?
Mainly tho Ronnie, try not to be so hard on yourself, cos you know you can lose weight on SW. Are you still trying the 3 plans, mixing it up? Look at your portion sizes.
Dont apologise for ranting Ronnie, cos thats what we're here for. xx

Oo I take herbal water retention tablets when its *week. (Which has come by the way so I will be getting oh to take me for some tablets asap!!!!) They help loads :)

Back