Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Oh dear Nikki, nought worse than a sore throat! Drink plenty and take regular paracetamol. If you have any tea tree oil, put some in some warm water and gargle with it....tastes minging, but does the job :) x Plan today is to get all the ingredients to make some sweet chilli jelly, pineapple chutney and xmas pudding. Im making the chutneys and jellys for xmas prezzies, so making double bumpers of both. Pickles are already made, so just need some baskets and I'm all sorted on the prezzie front for xmas. Xmas pud is for us! Dont really like xmas pud, but have made this recipe before and its pretty spesh. Where would I buy celophane and straw? I need the straw to lay the jars on and the celophane to wrap the baskets. Thought you might know Nikki cos you're the arty one on here :) x Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I always buy cellophane from either hobby craft or the florists. If you have a hobby craft they are best because they do so many different colours/designs and they wrap up lovely. They come in about 1mt x 3mt rolls for a couple of pound. Can't say I've ever need straw but I know when I looking for Rich to be the straw man for a fancy dress we are going to I found loads on eBay and then had the idea of the local farm shop!

The pickles sound beautiful! We did hampers last year for everyone with all sorts of homemade goodies and think we will do the same again this year. Xx

Thanks Nikki, I've ordered some celophane off Amazon.....20 metres for six quid which I thought was very reasonable. Instead of the straw, I'm going to shred up some coloured tissue paper to put in the bottom of the hampers x

Hope WI goes well Ronnie and Donna x

Blimey I'm pooped now....cleaned and sorted out the cupboards under the sink in kitchen and bathroom....how much crap do I hoard! Also shopped for all my ingredients for my chutneys. I also need to decant the blackcurrant vodka I made earlier on in the year which were going to be for prezzies, but have decided to keep ourselves lol!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You`ve been busy, Kim!

Don`t know whether I could summon up the energy for all that cooking!! :)

I need to keep busy Annette, as being off work I would go nuts if I didn't and I'd rather do things I enjoy, cos I love cooking and baking x

Hey ladies missed way too much to try and catch up so just popping in with an update instead :p

Wedding was lovely, the rain stayed away, my friend looked amazing, totally had a wee cry during the vows lol, lots of tasty food and champagne and wine and rum :-D didn't really get any pictures as didn't have my phone on me most of the day so all I have is a selfie from the morning of the wedding!

ForumRunner_20131008_175437.png

Forgot all about the dress not fitting just enjoyed the day! Was 9st 2lb the Friday morning before the wedding so not miles away from target. Had lots of nice food all weekend (I was down in Dumfries from Friday morning to Sunday evening so lots of off plan meals) and now it's TOTM and giving in to choccy cravings lol. Will see what the damage is on Friday and get back on track then.

What did I miss any exciting news from anyone? Xx

You look absolutely stunning Laura, what a pretty girl you are. So glad you had a good time and I new the issue of the dress wouldnt be a problem because you get swept up in the day.
Whats 2lb between friends anyway!
When you have time, let us know what weights you were the Friday before last so I can update you on the Challenge, but no rush x

PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs NO - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs, Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 4lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 3: 10st 3lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs, Wk 3: 9st 13lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 3:

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs, Wk 3:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2: 8st 11lbs, Wk 3:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: ?, Wk 2: 9st 2lbs, Wk 3 :

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs, Wk 3:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs, Wk 3:

Last edited:
Wi lost 1 1/2lbs really chuffed and got my half stone sticker ??xx

Kim you do seem to be busy you got your pain under control now ? x

Laura you look beautiful so glad you felt great in your dress xx

Hope everyone else is good
Keep smiling xx

Wi lost 1 1/2lbs really chuffed and got my half stone sticker ??xx

Kim you do seem to be busy you got your pain under control now ? x

Laura you look beautiful so glad you felt great in your dress xx

Hope everyone else is good
Keep smiling xx

Well done Ronnie, a great loss. What plan are you following now or is it still a mix of EE and Red.

Pain is much better controlled now I've increased the meds thanks Ronnie and it does enable me to do a lot more and to keep busy which I prefer. Cant be doing with sitting on my fat butt in pain - very boring lol!

Had some good news for once!!

Nothing definate but hopefully we`ll be moving soon.
Had a call from one of the local housing associations. We`ve been shortlisted for a ground floor property with level access shower. Which would suit us down to the ground!!

It`s in town, rather than a village like we are now. That would make shopping, getting to the hospital etc much easier.

As I said there`s nothind definate but we`ll be viewing it Friday morning, so fingers crossed!!

Had some good news for once!! Nothing definate but hopefully we`ll be moving soon. Had a call from one of the local housing associations. We`ve been shortlisted for a ground floor property with level access shower. Which would suit us down to the ground!! It`s in town, rather than a village like we are now. That would make shopping, getting to the hospital etc much easier. As I said there`s nothind definate but we`ll be viewing it Friday morning, so fingers crossed!!

That's great news Annette, fingers crossed it's what you are looking for!

Had a call from one of the local housing associations. We`ve been shortlisted for a ground floor property with level access shower. Which would suit us down to the ground!!

It`s in town, rather than a village like we are now. That would make shopping, getting to the hospital etc much easier.

As I said there`s nothind definate but we`ll be viewing it Friday morning, so fingers crossed!!

So pleased for you Annette and lets hope its what you're looking for. If you say its suitable for you both on Friday after you've viewed it, will you definitely get the flat?

There could be half a dozen others viewing so any one of could get the offer. Not sure if we'll know on the day or get written confirmation.

We've been let down before so I'm not counting my chickens just yet!

Well done Ronnie, a great loss. What plan are you following now or is it still a mix of EE and Red. Pain is much better controlled now I've increased the meds thanks Ronnie and it does enable me to do a lot more and to keep busy which I prefer. Cant be doing with sitting on my fat butt in pain - very boring lol! Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Thanks Kim ?was really happy x
Glad you feeling better a little must be so frustrating
I'm doing mostly ee again it's more natural but watching my portions feeling good xx

Had some good news for once!! Nothing definate but hopefully we`ll be moving soon. Had a call from one of the local housing associations. We`ve been shortlisted for a ground floor property with level access shower. Which would suit us down to the ground!! It`s in town, rather than a village like we are now. That would make shopping, getting to the hospital etc much easier. As I said there`s nothind definate but we`ll be viewing it Friday morning, so fingers crossed!!

Great news Annette I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Friday xx

Fab news Annette, will keep fingers and toes crossed for you. It sounds perfect..

I maintained this week, happy with that after the weekend, hoping for a good loss this week-so far off to a good start (2 days down) let's see if the weekend lets me down again.

Oh but my knee is playing up, not massively, but I felt a twinge at work and then have had a couple of moments where I've had shooting pains in it :( Please please please don't let it chuff up my marathon

Oh but my knee is playing up, not massively, but I felt a twinge at work and then have had a couple of moments where I've had shooting pains in it :( Please please please don't let it chuff up my marathon

Have you been resting it? How many days to your marathon? I hope it'll settle down for you. What about wearing a support on it while your standing in work?

oh fingers crossed mrs. hope you get what you need. did your son get anywhere with cab regarding the loan?

Kim you have been busy. good for you. how have you been? i see you have the meds under control. how is Charlie?

Kim you have been busy. good for you. how have you been? i see you have the meds under control. how is Charlie?

Back