Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was amazing :D

I had a bit of a struggle with my knee, at 8 miles I had to take ibopurfen and then I stopped at 21 miles to take an energy sweet (was planning on taking one at 23 and 25 as well) but I couldn't get running again, my knee hurt so much-I pushed through it but from that point on I daren't stop running again. I also had a point where I was getting really down thinking I'd have a bad time, but then I just clicked at about 18.5 that I was running a marathon and I couldn't stop smiling :)

I finished in 4 hours 44 minutes.

A few pics

View attachment 111056

At the start View attachment 111057View attachment 111058

Excellent Donna - well blinking done!! i can barely do my 3 miles never mind a marahon. Good on you. Do you stop often and for how long?

hope everyone is well. I am just plodding along. Been out doing my 3 miles - still cant get faster but i will live in hope i can get further and quicker one day. Also been doing the 30 day shred. Either on the days i dont run or on sunday i did the shred then my run - was pooped but still done it. Being much better with food and to use the term laura using i would say i am freestyling as opposed to following sw. No reason but figure i would get back in the zone by trying to make good choices and only eating when hungry.
Hope for anything on the scales below 8st 5lb - start week so doubtful but as long as iam under 8st 7lb i will be happy ;o)

hope everyone is well. I am just plodding along. Been out doing my 3 miles - still cant get faster but i will live in hope i can get further and quicker one day. Also been doing the 30 day shred. Either on the days i dont run or on sunday i did the shred then my run - was pooped but still done it. Being much better with food and to use the term laura using i would say i am freestyling as opposed to following sw. No reason but figure i would get back in the zone by trying to make good choices and only eating when hungry.
Hope for anything on the scales below 8st 5lb - start week so doubtful but as long as iam under 8st 7lb i will be happy ;o)

Deb the main thing is, if you're happy with what your doing, that is the most important thing.
I think we all get so ensconced in what we're doing with trying to lose weight and can forget the bigger picture sometimes......are we happy with our bodies/lifestyle/health etc......forget all the niggly bits like "I dont like my tummy" scenario, but the whole big picture.
I had one of those moments yesterday, where I was like what are you doing Kim, if you want some chocolate have it for goodness sake. Im slim, sort of healthy lol!, etc......I didnt have the chocolate in the end cos I didnt actually want it haha!
I went out for lunch today and my friends all commented that it was good to actually see me eating a 3 course meal! Isnt that saying something?!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Hi ladies
Sorry not been about it's been a mad old week been to wi and lost 11/2 so really happy ?

Donna well done on your marathon brilliant achievement and with your sore knee fantastic !!

Well done Nikki it's coming down xx

Deb glad your doing ok and finding what suits you well done keeping the running up it will be you doing the marathon next year lol ?

Kim how's the pain after your procedure hope your more comfortable x

Annette hope your move is going smoothly and not too stressful xx

Sorry if I've missed anything hope everyone else is good too
Keep smiling xx

Had a fab NSV today.... I took Millie to kiddicare and the lady in the cafe said "is that your baby?" I said "yes she is" and the lady turned around and said "are you sure, your tiny" haha it was a big smiley moment.... Along with the fact the size 8 dress I bought for when I'm at target that didn't even come over my bum 5 months ago came up, and zipped 3/4 of the way up! Yippeee!!

In other news, I've been suffering really bad headaches for a few weeks and I'm getting worried :-( think I should go docs. It has got a bit better with my new prescription contact lenses but then my cold reignited it. It's a strange pulsing headache and it's always in the same spot, I'm thinking a tension headache possibly but I want to know it is for certain!!!

Millie is 23 weeks nearly and tonight is night one in her cot in her own room! Wish me luck!!

Your doing fab Deb, as long as your happy with what your doing that's what matters.

Deb the main thing is, if you're happy with what your doing, that is the most important thing.
I think we all get so ensconced in what we're doing with trying to lose weight and can forget the bigger picture sometimes......are we happy with our bodies/lifestyle/health etc......forget all the niggly bits like "I dont like my tummy" scenario, but the whole big picture.
I had one of those moments yesterday, where I was like what are you doing Kim, if you want some chocolate have it for goodness sake. Im slim, sort of healthy lol!, etc......I didnt have the chocolate in the end cos I didnt actually want it haha!
I went out for lunch today and my friends all commented that it was good to actually see me eating a 3 course meal! Isnt that saying something?!

Kim you are always full of words of wisdom.

Had a fab NSV today.... I took Millie to kiddicare and the lady in the cafe said "is that your baby?" I said "yes she is" and the lady turned around and said "are you sure, your tiny" haha it was a big smiley moment.... Along with the fact the size 8 dress I bought for when I'm at target that didn't even come over my bum 5 months ago came up, and zipped 3/4 of the way up! Yippeee!!

In other news, I've been suffering really bad headaches for a few weeks and I'm getting worried :-( think I should go docs. It has got a bit better with my new prescription contact lenses but then my cold reignited it. It's a strange pulsing headache and it's always in the same spot, I'm thinking a tension headache possibly but I want to know it is for certain!!!

Millie is 23 weeks nearly and tonight is night one in her cot in her own room! Wish me luck!!

That's all fab Nikki

As if she's 23 weeks, bless her. Good luck :)

I went running tonight, just took it very steady (ran with the beginners as a back marker) just to try and loosen my legs up a little, it was hard work but felt good after :) if I can walk tomorrow I'm going to book the half marathon for Sunday... exciting stuff....

gained half a lb at WI which isn't bad considering how stiff my legs still are and what I consumed over the weekend.

Oh but in training I managed to touch the floor when bending over into a stretch for the first time ever!!!!!!!! I hope I can always do that now

Great loss Ronnie, you're doing so well, especially if you have a lot going on. Sounds as tho your head is in its right space to lose weight, so I bet you'll be at your target for xmas no probs x

Unfortunately, I dont think the epidural has worked Ronnie, but it can take up to a week, so I have a day to see if it has!!!

Best thing you could have done Donna, stretching out those legs and it goes to show how much more supple you have become if you can touch your toes now. Dont worry about that poxy little half a pound, cos as long as you're happy with your bod thats the main thing......as I said in my rant yesterday lol!

How did it go with Millie on her first sleep in her own room Nikki?

I know I'm about half a stone heavier than I would like to be but I'm not beating myself up about it! I bought some slim style size 10 jeans from Next and they fit lovely and slightly big, so I cant complain! Also the 2 tops are a size 10, so I'm ok with my lot at the moment, just dont want it to get out of hand.

Last edited:
Millie was a little angel Kim! She fell to sleep at 10pm and woke at 9am!! She had a little cry at 4am but I went in and put her dummy back and she fell back to sleep. So so proud of her x

What a good little bub :). She'll probably sleep better on her own not having to listen to all the snores and pumpies her mama and papa get up to during the night lol!

By the way, you should keep that size 8 dress as a benchmark and try it on every month or so to see how you're progressing and that lady is right......you are tiny :) Not had a piccie updates for a while?? xx

What a good little bub :). She'll probably sleep better on her own not having to listen to all the snores and pumpies her mama and papa get up to during the night lol! By the way, you should keep that size 8 dress as a benchmark and try it on every month or so to see how you're progressing and that lady is right......you are tiny :) Not had a piccie updates for a while?? xx Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Here are a couple of pics from today :) taking the babies out for lunch with my best friend.

Attachments

• image-3256921488.jpg
    image-3256921488.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1425283785.jpg
    image-1425283785.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2344737904.jpg
    image-2344737904.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 101
Millie was a little angel Kim! She fell to sleep at 10pm and woke at 9am!! She had a little cry at 4am but I went in and put her dummy back and she fell back to sleep. So so proud of her x

Here are a couple of pics from today :) taking the babies out for lunch with my best friend.

Well done Millie on the night in her own room. Nikki you look fantastic!!!

How focused am I right now, I know I have a meal out with friends on Sat (hoping I can go for good choices but not sure where we'll be eating) and we're at Butlins Monday to Friday, but little one isn't very well.... just very full of cold and feeling poorly with it, so boyfriends gone to get them both fish and chips-I've opted for a veggie chow mein instead.

Oh and just signed up for a half marathon on Sunday as well.... not going to race it at all, just planning on taking it very steady but want the T-Shirt and it will be nice to have a run before I go away.

Really not focused at the moment!!

Got a rep from the removal company coming later to see how much stuff we`ve got. That will determine the size of vehicle and cost of removal. Hopefully, I`ll then have a moving date!! It`s got to be within the next four weeks. We`ve got the keys to the new place and handed in our notice for the old place.

With so much going on I`m not really on plan, just hope I don`t do too much damage!! :)

Think I`ll have to stop weighing in for the challenge until the move is completed, hope you folks don`t mind!!

Nikki, you look as gorgeous and slim as ever :) x

You'll probably fly around the half marathon course Donna as it will seem so short now lol!
Are things better between you and your man now? Will do you both good to go away for a few days next week and chill x

You never know Annette, even tho you're probably not following SW to the letter, with all the running around and stress of packing up for the move, you may actually lose weight without trying!
Dont you worry about the Challenge, just come back to it when you're ready x

Things are a little better yeah Kim, well a lot better :) really looking forward to having a few days away just the three of us.
Think part of my problem was we weren't doing much together and when we were together qe werw both tired and we've both been out and busy meeting new people ect. Just need to remind myself how good we are together.

Looking forward to the half, mums wound me up though (again haha) I said I'm not running as I'll be either staying in and uaing the crosstrainer or going to pilates and she started saying oh now we've done the marathon are you going to let running slip. .. its like ***** ****** we ran a marathon on sunday I ran on tuesday it wont kill me to do something other then running today, I dont want to just run anyway, I dont think ita good for you to just do one thing

Thanks, Kim. I`m really stressing about the move!!

Just got a call to say the carpet`s been fitted and is looking good!!
Hopefully the cooker will be third time lucky! We`re being supplied with a cooker by the housing association but they`re not having much luck. The first one, the oven door was broken. The second one tripped the switch in the fuse box. The electrics have been checked and there`s nothing wrong with the flat`s electrics. Hopefully the next one will be ok!!

They`ll have to get a move on!! Got a moving date - next Wednesday!! There`s still so much to do! :)

Fingers crossed you'll be in soon Annette

I'm at a kids halloween party... surrounded by hotdogs and sweets... not had any though..... even though im ruddy starving. Have to get off in a bit anyway to take little one to the doctors

Kim as always you are so right. i actually am happy. i have reigned food in but still eat normally. yes still treats perhaps too much but i am getting so much better than two weeks ago.
your friends saying that does say a lot. you look great x

clever cookie. Nikki you look amazing. well done to you. you have did amazing!!!

Back