anyone kids gone 2 uni?

benji55

my daughter has gone 2 uni in england(im from northern ireland)missing her so much though im soo proud off her,just wondering if theres any other mummys missing the kids who have gone 2 uni

Hello! I have been through it twice now and it really is ok and gets better! Your daughter will be back before you know it and remember she will be home for 4 months next summer as well as Christmas and Easter. I know it is slightly different for you as she can't just hop on a bus and come home for the odd weekend but from her point of view she will settle down better and make more friends. You will adjust I promise and even enjoy some new aspects of your life too! You will be thinking of her the whole time but I can assure you she will just be getting on with her new life. It's a big change for both of you but as you say a proud time too!x

my oldest is in her 3rd year, although did a yrs placement last year so tecnically her 4th yr.
When she first went i practically facebook stalked her:eek:
Not the best idea i ever had cos sometimes its just better to not know !:D

She settled and so did I, bit starteled when she took off to germany for her work placement but she learned so much and matured well.
I am very proud of her.
You will never stop worrying, but it does get better.
Good luck to her.

(remind me i said that next yr when my youngest goes !!!!!:8855:)

My oldest is going next year and I am already dreading it. You have my sympathy.

thank s really appreciate all the kinds words,she has settled really well,but will b away 4 5 yrs as shes doing medicine,yep ive facebook stalked her and her new friends,lol,must stop that now

Back