Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Good luck on shifting that stone shivvy. I hit target yesterday. Originally I hit target a year ago but over the course of 12 months put on a stone. Finally got rid of it - phew! Now I must admit I'm terrified of gaining. I sooo want to maintain properly...

I am in exactly the same position am currently 8lb above target and need 2 get it back off. It's so hard 2 get rid of it but so easy 2 gain :(

Afternoon, looks like I shall be joining you as I hit target yesterday :)

Hi HP Sauce - pull up a chair and get comfy!

Hi everyone!!! Still in target just about though yo-yoing continues! Bottom of target last week but skipped WI this week as im off work and in London and at my parents etc so wanted plenty of leeway and it would have been typical for me to have gained if I'd gotten weighed which would have made me struggle when out and about and I wouldnt have enjoyed myself. I still get the guilt BIG time if I go off plan...

Back from weigh in and lost 4.5 of my holiday gain. Success express and lots of exercise worked. Very chuffed :).6 to go to get back in to target range.

That's a fab loss Shivvy! You'll soon be back to target at that rate!

Hi, I'm relatively new to being at target (18 July), sorry if this question has been asked before but I am just wondering how the monthly weigh-in at group works now (I would ask my consultant, but the one in my local group keeps changing, so I haven't felt able to!)

I know that it says you only have to get weighed in once per month to keep your online account active, but if you went more than 3lb above your target weight it says they give you a week's grace to return to your target weight - does this mean that in the situation where you have gone more than 3lb over your target weight you have to go to group the following week to get weighed?

(Don't know why I am worrying about this, but it has been puzzling me!)

Thanks for your help guys!

Hi JMck :) to be honest I'm not totally sure!!! I'm on the social team so go every week and get weighed most.....but when I've been out of target I've often wondered whether to skip a week, or whether that will mean I'll automatically pay when I next go, regardless of what I weigh. Probs best to ask your C!!
Despite my week with my feeder parents etc I still lost....was under target....ate a load of crap and didn;t gain enough!!! My body is just rediculous. I'll gain from nothing, and then a fortnight of eating a 'dessert-a-day' and I continue to lose!! But I managed to jump off the scales before it registered when I saw I was a pound short and put my shoes on.....amazingly they must weigh 3 pounds on their own as I 'gained' 4!!! Cheating I know but I have honestly been trying to gain. I don't want to change my target though as it is already pretty low!!! Must just try to fit more HEs in somewhere!! (though the tub of celebrations I got for my birthday are surely helping....)

Hello,
I reached target 3 weeks ago and I am finding it hard!
The first week I just went mad and ate whatever I fancied. A sneaky weigh at home demonstrated that I shouldn't really do that! The 2nd week I was 100% to plan, no extra HEB and this last week I have been 100% mon-fri with a few treats at the weekend.
I went to group today and remarkably weigh the same as 3 weeks ago.
Any one have any other maintenance tips?

Congrats on getting to target Catherine!!! You'll probably find that it will take a few weeks, even months for you to 'suss' what works for you!! (I'm over a year down the line and still my body suprises me...!!). I would read over this thread for some tips on what works for others, but it will likely be a case of trial and error. Personally I'm on plan 100% for most of the week but have a treat night or treat day and generally still lose. My problem is I keep going under target because I sometimes really struggle to 'let go' and accept that I can have 2 or more BS a day....in fact I'm meant to have more than 1 now. I also need to learn to get rid of the guilt when I go out for dinner and pick something 'bad' or I know is high syn. I'm working on it still!!! Just enjoy being at target, you've done great to get here!!! :)

Hi JMck :) to be honest I'm not totally sure!!! I'm on the social team so go every week and get weighed most.....but when I've been out of target I've often wondered whether to skip a week, or whether that will mean I'll automatically pay when I next go, regardless of what I weigh. Probs best to ask your C!!
Despite my week with my feeder parents etc I still lost....was under target....ate a load of crap and didn;t gain enough!!! My body is just rediculous. I'll gain from nothing, and then a fortnight of eating a 'dessert-a-day' and I continue to lose!! But I managed to jump off the scales before it registered when I saw I was a pound short and put my shoes on.....amazingly they must weigh 3 pounds on their own as I 'gained' 4!!! Cheating I know but I have honestly been trying to gain. I don't want to change my target though as it is already pretty low!!! Must just try to fit more HEs in somewhere!! (though the tub of celebrations I got for my birthday are surely helping....)

Hey, thank you for your reply - I have only just spotted it! I think I need to try and turn notifications on. Good idea, I will ask my consultant, although to be honest I don't really like going to my group that much - they are all nice enough people, but I just don't find it as good as another group I have been to, but I live too far away to go to that one now... Oh well, I will stick at it!

Yeah. Back in target range. After gaining while in Spain for six weeks over the summer. Want to get to the bottom of target for Christmas, which is 10 stone :)

Does anyone in here maintain using the extra HEX? I've been at target since last Christmas (well I got to target just before then came out but got back in a month later, but I haven't had one week of trying extra HEX yet as I always seem to have some event on which makes me either maintain or gain and then I'm back onto loosing my gain (its always been a small one which hasn't taken me out of my range other then the Christmas one) but just wondering how other people have been maintaining

I try to have an extra B if I'm doing an EE day, but I also do a lot of green days and find the 2 Bs enough!! As well as my syns, I struggle to fit them in one day! Plus like you I think oh well im out for cake and sunday lunch at the weekend, or out for dinner, or on a night out, so I don't have the extra Bs knowing that my syn consumption will probably lead me to gain or maintain but keep in target. BUt some weeks it doesnt work and i have huge losses so I think I need to force myself almost to have more. Maybe not every day, but to not deprive myself of them if i fancy some toast or something.

Well, that was a Christmas and a half, massive lead in starting at end of November with liaison functions, followed by Xmas do's in December. Well outside my target range of 12'10 now at 13'4 but thoroughly enjoyed it, only a couple of food blow outs, most damage probably through regular extra calories from the booze.

I'm already getting in the mindset to get ack in range and maintain again. Went back to work, went on green and already feel better. Only another do tomorrow , followed by the Big Game at Twickenham on Saturday ( a big day out) and probably a quiet New Year.....

Happy New Year everyone .

Ps anyone else suffering from updating their minimins app and it not working properly ? I ave ops in my ipad upside down to make replies!

Hi everyone I'm asking for some help kicking myself up my formally fat backside if that's okay. :)
I hit target in the run up to Xmas the consultant didn't have any booklets with her and everyone needed advice r Xmas so I didn't ask any questions as I thought I'd be ok since then I've had 2 weigh and gos because of the holiday season (+0.5 and STS) but I had quite a few (slaps hand) celebrations chocolates on Xmas day and now the fat girl in me is screaming for chocolate and all the other bad things that she tells me I can 'have' lol I'm really trying to fight the good fight at the moment and trying to stay on track I just want my mindset to be as it was, when I was losing I was strict with myself but happy and satisfied with the choices I made I enjoyed the food, superfree snacks, syns and hexs but nothing seems to hit the spot anymore :-( I've tried motivating myself, posting pics of before and after, buying new size 10 (and the odd size 8) clothes - and maybe it's the Xmas season and no image therapy at the moment?
I enjoyed the chase and now I've got that elusive blue shiney what do I do with it?
I've looked for apps to have on my phone and hundreds/thousands for dieting flashed up at me just begging me to download them, and I looked for maintainance and every phrase I could think of for... well maintaining and what was the best I was offered?? A very grey and dull - - -
'maintaining your motorboat'......
On the plus side admitting all this to someone makes me feel better (everyone at work says I'm the living embodiment of slimming world and I'm the go-to for motivation and support lol) and it's my birthday on the 2nd and we are going to a restaurant where iI can and will make great choices x Thanks for letting me vent, and sorry for moaning x

Last edited:
Back