Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Hi! You'll have noticed on this thread that there is the general feeling that there is a real lack of support for target members generally. I'm lucky in that my consultant is pretty good and always talks to me in group etc but I've always struggled with keeping in target as I'm generally too strict and won't eat my extra B or syns thus keep falling below and am aware I look painfull thin now! (tonight I'm dreading weigh in as I normally lose over Christmas somehow....) But despite what I've just said about not eating my syns, I'm with you on the whole 'nothing hits the spot' I love choc....I think the reason I don't eat it is because I know that if I do then it's literally all I can think about and I crave it for weeks after. Sugar feeds sugar they say! But I got a tub of celebrations and a tub of quality street for christmas and I'm not doing so bad...I take out 2/3 (I can't bring myself to eat any more in one go out of guilt) and then put the lid back on and put the tins away and I forget theyre there. And eat the ones I have really slowly. Seems to work for me but I do have pretty good willpower I must admit. But yes I do get the cravings....only human!!!

And feel free to vent its part of what the thread is here for!!! :D

Congrats on reaching target and thanks for your reply x I have read though alot of comments on this thread and I think in a nutshell once youve hit target you are generally left alone but for me I feel I still need some support as this its the end, im still finding my feet with maintaining and I think it will take awhile but im feeling much more positive overall - thanks again! X

*sorry this isnt the end.

Lehairycrab, you are absolutely right, this isn't the end, it really is the hard bit of the journey. Losing weight on a regular basis is a great reward in itself, some might say its tougher to maintain. I'm very pleased, got rid of over 2 stone, hit target, stayed n range for most the year from spring onwards, then let lose in the run up and ice Xmas, but thoroughly enjoyed it ad was alive to the consequences. The consequence was a gain of half stone. No problem, no else noticed, only me. Already focused on getting back in range , back on plan and already 4 pounds lighter. It is a continuos journey for me. I embrace it. Keep on mind all the benefits, the real reasons why you are doing it and keep he faith. Plenty of us on here, we can all help each other.

Good luck keep posting.

Weighed in at 0.5lbs under my actual target weight tonight with a loss of 1lb so well in the midrange - I had my birthday and decided (after looking at the menu - it was a 4 course meal and absolutely lush!) I had what I wanted (inc fruit as a starter) and went back to my losing days for the rest of the week to compensate and maintain/lose a small amount which worked out for me, I think ill take these early days to experiment with what keeps me in target range I.e doing extra syns occasionally and compensating afterwards or having the extra hexb per day.. after reading through this thread it looks like some people do a mixture and everyone is different so ill keep an eye on it and make sure I keep weighing in at group x hope you are all ok - how are you all doing maintaining at the moment x

Hi you're right it definately takes some experimentation, and every single person is different and find different things worlk for them or affect them differently! FOr example I can have a week of dinners out, puddings, chinese....and weigh in with a whopping 3pounds loss. But it's because my body is generally on a time delay! so I know that the following week I have to be angelic in order not to put it all back on again. yet my friend in group can eat 1 chocolate eclair on a saturday and put on 3pounds on the monday.....so I have to keep quiet sometimes haha. I think for my the biggest change since I joined is my metabolism is just through the roof, I sometimes feel I'm turning into one of those horrendous people who can 'eat what they want' and not gain ( i spent years HATING those people..) but I think looking at it its just my metabolism is higher, I work out every day, and really I still don't eat too much of a bad thing. Whilst I think 1slice of cake is horrific really, in a week, its nothing. Generally I just think my body is more efficient. And im always cold...so always shivering which burns lots of calories lol!

Gained 2.5 at WI buit I blame the fact it was so busy (i'm on the social team and do the WIs) that I was grabbed at the door and literally thrown on the scales in my coat and boots so I could get behind them and weigh in the masses haha. But not a problem, still well in target and still going to allow myself a few celebrations/quality street!

Well done for getting back on it Quinns....I really really stuggled at Christmas functions to embrace the season and not whinge about how highsyn everthing was!

I like your theories and outlook caz, you are right 1 slice of cake over the week doesn't doesnt really mean you've had a bad week x

Hows everyone getting on so far this week/after xmas ? At the moment im going down the route of eating as I have been for months which is what my mind and body is used to (extra easy inc 1 x hexa and 1 x hexb per day and around 10 syns) but allowing myself a `treat` night one or twice per week (if twice tgen im reeeally goid afterrwards) to see how I go on with that - the treat maybe a pudding in a restaurant x however my rule with myself is to keep going to group and ill keep posted x x

Is everyone still maintaining after Christmas, I have to get my gain off (5.5lbs over 3 weeks) and would also like to get an extra 1.5lbs off as well, then looking forward to maintaining, I'm running a marathon in October and hoping that will be a nice weight for me running

Oh wow good luck with the Marathon! I'm doing the Great North Run this year (something I NEVER thought I would even be able to contemplate) but really need to kick the training up a gear....as I can currently run 5k and thats it haha. But I will get there!

Still maintaining, though I should probably technically be under as I had a total dumb moment and took my coat and boots off, stood on the scales, lost 2.5 and just still in range....then got off, and realised I'd been holding a boot in each hand! DUUUH! But never mind it saved me going out of range!

Going to try and relax this week and have a few more Bs and treats. (still working on the tins of quality street and celebrations!) We used to go out for dinner or get a takeaway once a week, and go out for lunch once a week but my partner lost his job on Christmas day (festive...) and so we're having to stay in and count the pennies so not much opportunity for my higher syn treats!!!

But generally I sound the same as you LeHairyCrab, stick on plan generally but with one or two 'treat' days. works for me as I feel in control but know I can have my treats and not worry so much

Hey everyone,
I am *hoping* to be a maintainer, I made it from just shy of 13 to 11.11 without SW. Then from 11.11 to 10.4 following SW from home like a religion, I'm hoping to stay there...any top tips much gratefully received :)
Cheers,
Rach x

I'm still maintaining after almost a year and considering reducing my target by another half stone, still feel like I've got some to lose even if it is just a little bit, Caz Mnaz I'm also doing the Great North Run this year, first time for me, starting off with with the Race for Life in May, hope your training is going well x

Hi Rach...come join us!!! Haha! Biggest tip I can give you about maintaining is to just experiment and not panic!!! What works for some people might not work for you. Some people have to stay on plan 100% pretty much forever....others can relax and enjoy more B Choices and syns (though not recommended that you up syns too much or if you're like me you start to get a taste for the 'bad stuff' again and have to break that cycle all over again). Some do a 100%week and then a not so 100% week cycle....just play about. But don't freak out at any fluctuation...mine's up and down like a yo-yo haha! It's a balance between letting yourself relax now and then and enjoy the perks of being at target, and not getting into old habits and spoiling all the hard work. Well done on your great loss though! :)

Kerry training is sloooow, the group I run with are great but only want to do a 5k...so our group leader is taking me out to do extra 1:1 training which I despise haha (this week she started with the words 'run round the football field as fast as you can without stopping or slowing down for 5minutes'....are you Kidding me???) but I am looking forward to it in the long run. Also doing a Race for Life and 10k as 'warm ups' :s

Oh wow good luck with the Marathon! I'm doing the Great North Run this year (something I NEVER thought I would even be able to contemplate) but really need to kick the training up a gear....as I can currently run 5k and thats it haha. But I will get there!

Still maintaining, though I should probably technically be under as I had a total dumb moment and took my coat and boots off, stood on the scales, lost 2.5 and just still in range....then got off, and realised I'd been holding a boot in each hand! DUUUH! But never mind it saved me going out of range!

Going to try and relax this week and have a few more Bs and treats. (still working on the tins of quality street and celebrations!) We used to go out for dinner or get a takeaway once a week, and go out for lunch once a week but my partner lost his job on Christmas day (festive...) and so we're having to stay in and count the pennies so not much opportunity for my higher syn treats!!!

But generally I sound the same as you LeHairyCrab, stick on plan generally but with one or two 'treat' days. works for me as I feel in control but know I can have my treats and not worry so much

Good luck with the run, that's fantastic. I have a few more booked now to help with training for the marathon (and just because I want to do some more races and get some T-Shirts and medals haha)

Hey everyone,
I am *hoping* to be a maintainer, I made it from just shy of 13 to 11.11 without SW. Then from 11.11 to 10.4 following SW from home like a religion, I'm hoping to stay there...any top tips much gratefully received :)
Cheers,
Rach x

welcome, best advice is to just carry on, maybe add some extra healthy extra's and see what works for you, so far I've maintained by yoy-yo-ing up and down after having special events ect. never tried the extra healthy extra's. Hoping to loose a lb this week to get me dead on my target weight and then I'll try extra HEB's to maintain, but the following week I'm off plan for mothers day so I'll be treating the rest of the week as a normal week on slimming world trying to loose to try and counteract the extra syns on the Sunday. That's also when I'm hopefully running a half marathon though so that may also counteract the syns.

I'm still maintaining after almost a year and considering reducing my target by another half stone, still feel like I've got some to lose even if it is just a little bit, Caz Mnaz I'm also doing the Great North Run this year, first time for me, starting off with with the Race for Life in May, hope your training is going well x

Good luck with the run, hows training going?
If you feel you still need to loose maybe its worth trying to get to the bottom of your target range and if you manage that change your target to another half under what it is now.

Hi Rach...come join us!!! Haha! Biggest tip I can give you about maintaining is to just experiment and not panic!!! What works for some people might not work for you. Some people have to stay on plan 100% pretty much forever....others can relax and enjoy more B Choices and syns (though not recommended that you up syns too much or if you're like me you start to get a taste for the 'bad stuff' again and have to break that cycle all over again). Some do a 100%week and then a not so 100% week cycle....just play about. But don't freak out at any fluctuation...mine's up and down like a yo-yo haha! It's a balance between letting yourself relax now and then and enjoy the perks of being at target, and not getting into old habits and spoiling all the hard work. Well done on your great loss though! :)

Kerry training is sloooow, the group I run with are great but only want to do a 5k...so our group leader is taking me out to do extra 1:1 training which I despise haha (this week she started with the words 'run round the football field as fast as you can without stopping or slowing down for 5minutes'....are you Kidding me???) but I am looking forward to it in the long run. Also doing a Race for Life and 10k as 'warm ups' :s

Shame about the group you run with, luckily my club is filled with a great mixture of runners, some who are running marathon's every year or sometimes more and some who are just running 5k's or some who aren't intereted in races.

I ran 8 miles last weekend which is the most I have ever run, upping it this weekend, want to do at least 9 but hoping to do at least 10.

I can't imagine life before......I remember one occassion I sat in front of the tv, ate a large size bag of kettlechips, a packet of custard creams and then in the ad break nipped out to the shop and bought one of those large bags of malteasers and minstrels and sat and ate them alternately...and thought it was the best thing ever!!!! How my attitude has changed!

thanks for the advice and encouragement donna88 and caz-mnaz, thats my plan, to try and get to bottom of target zone, just 1.5lb to go for that :)

Can I join you all? I hit target last Wednesday & I'm delighted with myself!!

I'm just sticking to plan as normal this week and next as I wouldn't mind losing a couple of lbs before a long weekend away so that I have some wiggle room!

Welcome Sinead and many congratulations! lovely feeling isn't it :) Now the fun begins...haha!

Back