Anyone managed to maintain on hols?

Hi,
Been TS now for 86 days, and in few weeks off on unexpected fab hol to Far East for 2 weeks. All courtesy of air miles!!
Will be few pounds from target when I go, so keen to stay on track and anywhere else in world would do WS for hols duration. BUT....everything Ive read about local food is its all carb based, not surprisingly!
Anyone managed it before?? Or any tips or advice?? All greatfully received!
Thanks for any support Exante people!

Dawn x

I didn't exactly maintain, as I put on 1.5lbs on holiday... but I think thats pretty good. :)
I ate fairly low carb for the 2 week duration, but didn't cut them out completely.
I did not over fill myself with food... I really tried to listen to my body, and stopped eating when I felt full, which seemed to work.
I found alot of adult portions way too much ;)
I did drink a fair bit of alcohol :eek:... such is life, I was on holiday ;)
I did swim every day.
And walked loads !!
I actually though I would have swam more than I did... but I didn't. But I walked 10 times more than I thought, which I think helped greatly.

Where in the Far East are you going ?
I went to Hong Kong, and ate quite alot of seafood.

Have a great holiday :D

Thats really encouraging Marge, just a 1.5 lbs gain Id be over the moon with! Feel much better now, where you didnt cut carbs out! Think Id imagined that one hint of rice and Id go up like a balloon! Will be at around 100 days no carbs when i go so was quite a scary thought!!
Off to Malaysia and every local food is rice/noodle based, was a bit of a veggie before I started Exante so seafood and meat not really my bag, but got myself on chicken now, so will give meat a go while Im there, shellfish and seafood....hmmm....maybe my next challenge.
OH will be at work whilst Im there so will give the pool some hammer, after reading yours!
Thanks for info.

Back