Anyone on here with loads to lose!

Well done you :) I dare say we will have loads of days like that where we could use the excuse to eat/drink

Got a party Sunday afternoon another test then seaside Monday water water water lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's the reality lol not much fun eh! It's all about willpower. Those kind of days are meant to test us ;) xx

Anyone on this thread doing exercise of any kind? If so what you doing? I must start moving more :) x

So proud of myself. Managed to avoid even tasting the berry roulade - and it looked gorgeous. Kept to just chicken, sauce on side so ignored that too and some veg. Veg was roasted so probably not great but best of a lot of bad options. Pawned my garlic potato off to a friend. Night out with girls + resisting temptation = happy Jells. Figured out that if I'm in this for quite a long while that I need to learn how to say no but also can't get rid of social life completely. Need to learn to work around the diet and not give in. Much more confident about going away for weekend next weekend with hubby and daughter. At least it falls in food week so I'm allowed to have a meal as opposed to just having one like I did last night. If anyone else has done a hotel stay while on vlcd I'd appreciate any hints or tips. x

Well done jells. You must be so pleased with yourself, you can still be a social bunny and diet at the same time. You go girl xxx

Thanks Hez. Delighted. really wasn't sure I'd resist the carbs and the desert so proud that I did. I know I'd have felt really depressed and annoyed with myself if I had given in last night. I'd have been disgusted today. At least now I know that even though I'm doing this for a long time cos lots to lose I can still work around the diet. So ok life - bring it on.

Jelly what is vldc mean have you choose what date you eat or pharmacist x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

VLCD = Very low calorie diet. Examples are Lipotrim, Exante and Slim n Save.

appyachel

vlcd is defined as a diet that gives you under 800 calories per day. There are many companies that offer them and some people make up their own. BY going with one of the pre-packaged diets you know that your body is getting all of its nutrients. Some give you the option of only 3 meal packs per day (like exante) whereas others have 4. Some you have to do through the pharmacist (like lipotrim and optifast here in Ireland) but others can be ordered and done online. Most of them give you the option of shakes, porridges, soups, bars and some ready meals. It'd be worth your while to look at what options suit you as there are many different companies doing similar products. I chose to do exante because it's more convenient for me to get my products delivered rather than deal with going to a class or pharmacist. Think it boils down to personal choice in the end.

@jells how much is exante a week? I havent got a clue what LT is a week. As I have only been 2 times and both times i bought a shaker (as i kept leaving the one i had either at work or home) and the total was €81:50 so this week (tomorrow :)) i will be able to see exactly how much LT costs me a week? x

Hez
If you buy the bulk bundles or manage to avail of the three for two offers on boxes of 50 it can cost less that 40 per week. I recently got a delivery of box of 50 meals, box of 50 shakes and bars and box of 50 porridge for less that 170 euros - no delivery charge and here in a week. The boxes were on a 3 for 2 and you only use 3 per day. By managing to get an offer like this it cost less than 30 a week. Can't complain. They run deals like this often. I didn't realise the cost of LT. Most of the boxes of 50 with exante cost only 83 euros so they're much cheaper than what you're paying. They're nice too. I've never done LT so can't compare taste for you but I don't find the taste of anything exante that I've tried awful.

@jells that sounds good. At the moment I will stick with the lipotrim as I know I can drink that. Maybe when the day comes and I need a change I might have a go. It would be great to have a choice like all that ;)

@lindopski when u do get down to 16, it will drive you on to do the rest :) u can do it

I had my weigh in today and lost 5lbs :) x

Back