ANYONE ON SS+ come and join ......

Stir-fry Lettuce Recipe - a Chinese Recipe for Stir-fry Lettuce With Garlic

recipe for stir fry lettuce proper chinese style but you would need to amend it obviously

I used to work in a chinese and used to eat what the owners ate at dinner. They really didn't eat anything raw, stirfried celery and chicken is beautiful.

drool! I love stir fry salad stuff not had my last shake yet, but had milk today:sigh: so no meal for me! May start ss+ with meal tomorrow as been odd this last 2 days only having shakes as I used to have a 'meal' with the family

How's everyones day been?

mines been alright actually. Rather chipper.

Went to uni, discussed ethics of lying to patients. That was interesting. Passed all exams. Chuffed.
Had all shakes.
Came home and played a bit of PC.
Ate dinner.

All very boring but a satisfying day.

Not being a meat eater I find it a bit boring but SS+ works for me. Weigh in Thursday so we will see, cottage cheese with salad, white fish and asparagus, tuna (with fat free low cal dressing) cauliflower & broccoli. I did try tofu but without a sauce of some kind tasteless. The same goes for quorn mince, I love the shepperds pies and sausages but not allowed!

Lexi dog - did you just stir fry quorn mince & lettuce, nothing else?

quorn pieces and lettuce, some chilli powder, bit of 5 spice.

Usually I would add garlic, soy sauce, ginger instead and different veg but I have to make do with what I've got!

Berry Red you rebel you! - no I didn't have it, just chilli powder and some five spice. Usually I would have Soy S but not allowed it, thats why I didn't have any garlic or fresh ginger either.

Was still nice though!

I go and stay in the K well (only day 2 and dark pink:D)

One t/s soy sauce for me works, but don't recommend it okay:D

Hi all you lovely SS+ ers :)

Nice to have a thread of our own, thanks Jess for starting it.

kernowmum- I am veggie and don't eat fish either so quorn and cottage cheese it is here :sigh: I do make a sort of savoury quorn mince with a veg soup and mushrooms and that's quite nice.

Annie x

Oh I'm hungry - not in K either just had a check.

Maybe tomorrow.

Drinking green and mint tea by the bucket here

Im on the peppermint tea too. Had at least 2 ltrs of it so far......

Ive been doing ss+ , and i couldent do with out it , i have roast chicken breast cucumber lettuce and pickeled red cabbage ..its lovley i put herbs and chilli on the chicken b4 i cook it.

Hi, please forgive me if this has already been discussed (its late and I don't have time to read all the posts :(), but if I decide to do SS+ for a week can someone clarify if we can 'mix and match'. For example, is it allowed to have 3 CD + 200 cal. meal one day, and the next day have 4 CD and 200ml skimmed milk? Do you have to stick with one option or another all week?

Hello Mia. I'm not sure of that, but I can't see why not.. its still ss+, best to ask MD. She will know.

Like the meal ideas, will try the quorn, but a few more recipes would be good, like a variety.

Hope everyone is ok and feeling positive. Am off to Portugal on Thurs morn for the weekend, so will be low carbing while away and then worry about going back to ss for a week to get rid of excess :). Will begin posting when I get back again on Monday.
xx

I started in week 3, to do a ss one day then ss+ the next, did that 100% but never used Quorn! Might give that a go and please lets do share variations of meals and recipes on here as it does get boring sticking to the same thing. Thanks x

Mia - seems Eternal flame does and I have started to alternate this week but not sure about affecting losses as I havent weighed in yet -

ANY CDCs can you help can we alternate the shake day and meal day within the same week ?

Love
Jess
xxx

hey everyone I posted the query up on the main forum and one of the CDC's said ..........

It is best to choose one of the 'plus' plans & stick to that - alternating becomes confusing to your body & may slow your weight loss :)

A week of each may be okay but I still think you're best sticking to one plan. ;)

HTH

debs xx

so looks like its 4 shakes for me then this week as I have already had 2 days worth of that and then food next week which in some ways will work out better as Im on my hols the week after.

Have a good day everyone - am off to get kids ready for school and me ready for work
xxx

update to the query have had another answer which is.......

"As far as I know, there has been no guidelines about whether you should stay on one plan, or alternate, especially within a plan as you mentioned.

The idea of confusing the body, I think, came from one CDC who mentioned this when alternating SS+ and SS.

My personal opinion is that there should be no reason why you can't alternate. I'm sure there is nothing from a physiological viewpoint. In fact, there's more evidence that 'confusing' the body can be helpful for weightloss rather than the other way around.

From a psychological viewpoint, well..it could be good (more variety), there again more variety can make people go off plan. So it depends where your head is ;)
As I say, I think it's more of a CDC preference, rather than an official line from Cambridge."

Hope this helps people and its really good to get different viewpoints adn as the 2nd one said I think it just depends on where your head is at.

If I had ss+ ed last week I think I would have gone off plan but this week i feel liberated I have 'extra' compared to SS and dont want to have any extra - so good luck everyone today whichever element of ss+ you are doing.

Mia am looking forward to your WI tonight and hopefully you will join us on here tomorrow
xxx

I have been having the 4 shakes and milk during the week and the meal option at weekends as at weekends I struggle more ;)
Doesn't seem to have affected my losses but we all know each person reacts in different ways to this weird and wonderful diet :)

It's chucking it down with rain here today so I'm off to work in a tic with a choc tetra for morning break which will be a nice warm one today.
Have a good day everyone, catch up later :)

Annie x

Back