Anyone recommend any good apps for android phone?

krupskaya

Gold Member
As the title says really. I've got a new smart phone (HTC Desire S) and wondered if anyone knows of any good apps out there? I've already downloaded the Minimins app. Any other suggestions most gratefully received!

Words with Friends is great if you.like scrabble style games and have any Facebook chums who also play, although that's not essential, you can play a random player. It's a bit like a game of postal scrabble because you just get a notification when its your go, you don't have to sit there for hours taking a turn.

Galaxy Tarot is a great little app if you are in to that sort of thing. I have found it remarkably accurate since I have been using it.

Pho.to Lab is good fun, you need to be near a WiFi connection but basically its a piece of software that uses facial recognition software and you upload a photo and it puts the face or sometimes the whole photo or even a range of photos into a scene, hard to explain until you see it, I have had endless fun putting my sons face onto various pictures and there are loads of different ones to choose from.

Will have a think and add any more I can recommend.

I would recommend Groupon, Tastecard and if you're an o2 customer, Priority Moments, some quite good offers at the moment.

I also got the Kindle app, I think the classics are free to download, so I'm currently reading Frankenstein :)

For fun I got the Moron Test (only keeps you occupied for a little while, but I thought it was funny!) Tetris, Bubble Shooter and the Dream Dictionary :)

x x

Mine is still pretty new so still finding them but im loving priority moments from o2, drinking water (tracsk how much water you drink a day) shop savvy to scan barcodes to find if its cheaper elsewhere, and games I love coin dozer, gold miner and my country.
Also for photograpes vignette is fab! (photo editor)

Really want the one MLM said about now!

Some great suggestions there - any more for any more?

My first app on mine was The Fart Button. So you are already far more advanced than I was :D

On mine I have minimins, tetris, libra (a weight tracker thingy), jewels, magic 9 ball and the ebay app, which I only got the other day but already finding it very handy for last minute bidding and the like :) I'm on the computer all day, so I'm a bit skinny on the app-age front.

Back