Anyone starting/restarting today?

Don't be scared sam, everyone on here is lovely when you get to know them, If you dont have one, start your own diary in the diary section introducing yourself, and people will read and comment, it's also a great way to introduce yourself and get to know people :)

You'll soon get used to the site and how to navigate your way around. How are you finding your first day? What shake did you have? Did you like them? Sorry for so many questions!

Hi Ellie. Have you down a VLCD before?

Welcome back Mel :)

I've really struggled to get back into it over the past month or so. When I got home from the boy's on Sunday he said that he was going to start again on Monday because he needed to stop faffing about. I'd been thinking exactly the same on the way home. I'm ill at the moment though so don't have a massive appetite at the moment which makes it easier to get back into it. Only had two packs yesterday because I felt so rough, need to try and make sure I get all four in today though.

Hi Caroline

I did LL few years ago and lost over 7 stone - but failed at the maintenance for various reasons. I realise now that the re-eating is the most importance aspect of a VCLD diet and the packs are a means to an end (well i look at it like that) - i know am going to be doing this for a good few months (aiming for 10 at 1 stone a month) so got a while to think about how to tackle the re-eating when the times comes ....

Have you done one before - what are your opinions regards re-eating ?

Elaine x

Hi Girls,

Well I just started S&S on Monday so im a newbie but not new to VLCD as I did W8 last Jan-Mar and lost 2 stone :)

I am doing it for my own self esteem as I'm just not happy when I'm fat but also for fertility reasons as I was told several years ago I wouldn't conceive naturally but I dropped 3st and boom within a few months I was pregnant and had my gorgeous son. We are currently trying again but of course i have regained all my lost weight plus more so i know its not going to happen until i loss weight so I'm back in the hope that history can repeat itself :)

I would like to say I will follow the plan 100% but I know I will have the odd slip so plan to have lots of low carb / carb free meals in the wings when I feel a slip coming on. After 4 days of nothing but 4 packs a day my family decided to eat Chinese tonight (my fav) which was hard to resist but I made myself a nice omelette and I was happy with that.

Sounds like you're in the perfect frame of mind this time! Personally, I don't 100% agree with VLCDs, funny I know considering I'm on one! Basically, like you said, I think that the problem is that they don't teach you anything. The almost 3 stone that I've lost so far, I did through calorie counting and so I know that I know how to be healthy food wise, I just struggle to stick to it at the moment so I've gone for this approach as it cuts out food options all together so is a lot easier. Though for it to work I do think that you have to move up the plans and re-feed properly. If you just stop your packs and go back to eating normally, chances are you'll put it back on. So once you're almost there, you have to then start the hard bit and re-train your brain! Once I get to about a stone from where I want to be (which might be lower than my current goal weight) I plan to start moving up using the 7/10 re-feed programme but a little more slowly than that. I'll probably do say 3 packs and the allowance for a couple of weeks, then 2 packs and the re-feed allowance for another couple of weeks, then slowly work up the rest. While doing that I'm going to get back on the exercise front because actually, I do like to exercise! Strangely enough, I just haven't had the time lately, which has been my biggest issue before starting this again so by doing all that, I'll, hopefully, get myself back into the healthy eating and exercise frame of mind, ready to kick maintenance's butt! Hopefully! It's a long way off yet anyway.

Hi Tracy :) How are you finding S&S so far? Well done resisting that chinese, you did well!

Back