Anyone starting/restarting today?

Caz

Repeat Offender
After going to Amsterdam for a few days over a month ago and failing to get back on the wagon since then, I'm back and ready to commit to it again. Just wondering if anyone else is starting or restarting today? Might be nice to support each other if anyone is, or even has recently.

I know I won't be 100% up until Christmas. I've got my nephew's 21st birthday meal on Saturday, another big birthday the next Saturday, another birthday meal the week after that and a staff Christmas dinner! I plan on having those, life is too short, I'm just not going to have a whole day off for them like I probably would have before. I'll do slim and save all morning and then just go out for the meals and be sensible, then straight back on it after. After Christmas I plan to be 100% and absolutely smash it until all my excess weight is gone. Might take a while still!

Hi hun , I started a couple of days ago but ended up in hospital so restarted yesterday. Good luck for your restart lovely I've got a day off in december then only taking xmas day off (technically its off plan because of alcohol and the 2 roasties a mince pie I've allowed myself!)

Wishing you loads of luck!

I take my hat off to anyone who stays completely on plan on Christmas Day, I couldn't do it!!

Same here! I may even change my mind between then and now and stay on plan all day, I've already had 24 great christmas', and if i don't shift my weight I won't see another 50, I'm sure misiing out on 1 won't kill me. I'm only planing on doing S&S to get the bulk of my weight off (for health and fertility reasons), as I know I couldn't stick to it till goal.

Will be having a read of your diary :)

If you can do that then I'll be seriously impressed. This year is the first year in ages that it's my entire family (all my sisters, brother in laws, nieces and nephews) together for Christmas so I plan on just enjoying it and forgetting about Slim and Save for the day. I've then got a second Christmas just after with my boyfriend (our first together) and we're going out for New Year. Will make sure I get back on it after the festivities have ended though. I'm in this for the long haul so I think that a few days off won't hurt too much. If I was strong enough to take your approach though, I would!

If you can do that then I'll be seriously impressed. This year is the first year in ages that it's my entire family (all my sisters, brother in laws, nieces and nephews) together for Christmas so I plan on just enjoying it and forgetting about Slim and Save for the day. I've then got a second Christmas just after with my boyfriend (our first together) and we're going out for New Year. Will make sure I get back on it after the festivities have ended though. I'm in this for the long haul so I think that a few days off won't hurt too much. If I was strong enough to take your approach though, I would!

Aww 2 fab occasions this xmas for you then lovely! How exciting! No wonder you're taking this year off! I'm only planning on doing S&S till march/april time, then I will be going back to weight watchers.

I say I'm strong enough now , but things may change in the meantime (I'm terrible for changing my mind all the time!) but I think my mum will be devastated if i stick to plan (she is already moaning no xmas treats will be coming out of my kitchen this year) she is normally super supportive and would support what ever choice I make but I know it would upset her if i don't have her xmas dinner.

I never go overboard at xmas anyway, but i hope you have a great time seeing everyone and with your new partner :)

Yeah think my family would be a bit funny if I didn't have Christmas dinner too. Every year I make Christmas treats for the festive period. Last year I made vanilla biscuits, millionaire shortbread, fudge and truffles. People are already asking I'm making stuff this year! I'm a teacher and don't finish school til the 21st but have a weekend so won't make things til Christmas eve. So at least it means theres not much time for me to eat them!

What's nice is that my boyfriend wants to lose a bit of weight too so it means we get to do this together. Don't think I'd be ablebto do it if we weren't. We're talking about goingnin holiday in April, would like to lose as much as possible by then!

Is Christmas a big thing in your family?

Yeah think my family would be a bit funny if I didn't have Christmas dinner too. Every year I make Christmas treats for the festive period. Last year I made vanilla biscuits, millionaire shortbread, fudge and truffles. People are already asking I'm making stuff this year! I'm a teacher and don't finish school til the 21st but have a weekend so won't make things til Christmas eve. So at least it means theres not much time for me to eat them!

What's nice is that my boyfriend wants to lose a bit of weight too so it means we get to do this together. Don't think I'd be ablebto do it if we weren't. We're talking about goingnin holiday in April, would like to lose as much as possible by then!

Is Christmas a big thing in your family?

Last year I made the mulled wine (I say last year, I'm the only one who ever makes it and then everyone else drinks it) spiced orange and chocolate ganache torte, christmas pudding chocolates (an adapted nigella recipe) puff pastry mince pies with congac and almonds, plus shortbread, brazil nut brittle and fudge.

Aww its nice you will do it together so much less temptation. My OH wants to do S&S too it's just finding the money for him to do it before xmas.

I only have xmas with my mum, dad, little brother and paternal nan as I don't speak to the rest of my family (long story) but it's a booze and food fest. y mum and dad spend a fortune on everything as they are very financially secure. My mum spent £1000 last year just on food and drink! (atleast 2/3 of it on food! :D)

My mum loves xmas! she's like a big kid and is a prolific people pleaser at xmas! she wants everyone to be bursting at the seams!

Which inst good for weight loss!

Wow that's an expensive Christmas!! Is an absolutely crazy amount money to spend on not that many people.

There's a deal on Groupon at the moment for the Biggest Loser diet. 10 days worth is £15, £24 for 15 days worth and £35 for 21 days worth. Maybe worth a look whilst it's so cheap? It's on Groupon on the Manchester page.

The thing is she still has frozen party food from last year in there! it's madness! but they do have lots of parties where they invite over there friends and stuff. So it all get used at some point ;)

Hi Caroline

I started on Saturday !!! - going well so far ...

I also have 2 off plan days between now and xmas day (also off plan) but my aim is to focus big time and get back straight on SnS the day after to minimise any weight gain - but if can keep focus i will be fine

Am sure you will too - you sound like you have a positive plan in mind !!!!!

Good luck ........... !!!:D

Hi CG,

I started back today... I'm determined to stick this. I do not want to start 2013 weighing more than I did on January 1st 2012.

Hi Ellie. Have you down a VLCD before?

Welcome back Mel :)

I've really struggled to get back into it over the past month or so. When I got home from the boy's on Sunday he said that he was going to start again on Monday because he needed to stop faffing about. I'd been thinking exactly the same on the way home. I'm ill at the moment though so don't have a massive appetite at the moment which makes it easier to get back into it. Only had two packs yesterday because I felt so rough, need to try and make sure I get all four in today though.

caroline g said:
Hi Ellie. Have you down a VLCD before?

Welcome back Mel :)

I've really struggled to get back into it over the past month or so. When I got home from the boy's on Sunday he said that he was going to start again on Monday because he needed to stop faffing about. I'd been thinking exactly the same on the way home. I'm ill at the moment though so don't have a massive appetite at the moment which makes it easier to get back into it. Only had two packs yesterday because I felt so rough, need to try and make sure I get all four in today though.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm on "Day 2" and have been feeling hungry all day. I hope I get into ketosis fast -- then even if I JUDDD it'll be low carb. Those carbs really affect my mood and weight.

Are you thinking about JUDDDing again Mel?

caroline g said:
Are you thinking about JUDDDing again Mel?

Eventually, but I'm just going to try to go low. I have two stone at least to lose and I'm a slow loser. Sigh.

JUDDDing might work for maintenance.

Straight S&S will probably be best for now then. I was considering JUDDD but actually think I was just trying to find a reason not to do S&S properly and be able to eat! S&S works for me if I stick to it, I know because it did before and because when I did CD I lost over 3 stone, I just didn't keep it off after! So the key is me sticking to it and I know I can do that too, just had to find my mojo again, which I THINK *touch wood so I don't jinx it* I have now.

caroline g said:
Straight S&S will probably be best for now then. I was considering JUDDD but actually think I was just trying to find a reason not to do S&S properly and be able to eat! S&S works for me if I stick to it, I know because it did before and because when I did CD I lost over 3 stone, I just didn't keep it off after! So the key is me sticking to it and I know I can do that too, just had to find my mojo again, which I THINK *touch wood so I don't jinx it* I have now.

I'm posting my food on MFP so you can "police me". I'm not "straight S and S" it's the SKINNY RULES with S and S for ease of portion control and nutrition. A little bit of a contradiction as S and S is processed stuff... but I know it works. I got the of a CDC who comes highly recommended and I may go that route if I start to falter. But it's DAY 3 Properly and I'm feeling stronger already! :)

Now, to add in and build up fitness!

hi i have started the slim and save diet today for the first time,im also new to this site,so finding it hard to speak to new people,as im not sure what im doing lol :) i have had porridge this morning and a shake for lunch,so far so good :) x

Back