Anyone tried 5-6 little meals a day?

Kayleehollie

Hi, I read everywhere that you should try and eat 5-6 little meals a day to help keep your metabolism going, I've been doing weightwatchers (vintage) and hit a stalemate, was thinking of trying this, wonder if anyone have experience a noticeable difference in their weigh loss and if they did how many calories were you having per meal? I was thinking of dividing my 18 so I have maybe 4 3point meals and a 6 point evening meal? Any thoughts or experiences please!! x

If you're stuck, I would stick to 3 proper meals a day - I think there's a danger when grazing of going astray. instead, I would go hard on the exercise. I also think that 3 or 4 point meals would be deeply unsatisfying and lead you to naughty nibbling!

I'm kinda doing this. I'm doing the closer diets plan which is based on Tesco e-diets. It's 230 cals for breakfast, 2 snacks one at 120 cals and one at 230, 360 for lunch and 360 for tea so 1300 in total.

It works for me as in the past I tended to overeat in the evenings but because I know I'm not allowed that much, I don't end up eating more than I'm allowed.

Since doing this which I started middle of May, I've lost 8 1/2 pounds - allowing for a few nights out, wedding anniversary and hen weekend - averages about a pound a week.

Thanks for all the input gonna try it for a bit and see what happens im thinking of doing 3 point brekkie, 2 point snack, 4 point lunch, 6 point evening meal and then I don't know about the other snack, wether to have that at about 3 in the afternoon or 9 at night? x

emmie251980 said:
I'm kinda doing this. I'm doing the closer diets plan which is based on Tesco e-diets. It's 230 cals for breakfast, 2 snacks one at 120 cals and one at 230, 360 for lunch and 360 for tea so 1300 in total.

It works for me as in the past I tended to overeat in the evenings but because I know I'm not allowed that much, I don't end up eating more than I'm allowed.

Since doing this which I started middle of May, I've lost 8 1/2 pounds - allowing for a few nights out, wedding anniversary and hen weekend - averages about a pound a week.

What times are you eating? Coz I heard you shouldn't eat after 7 but don't wanna squeeze it all in between 8 and 6 kinda thing x

Am actualy doing this style of eating.
Old habbits from my weight lifting past.

The idea is to have healthy snacks between Breakfast,lunch and dinner
it will keep you feeling satisfied and help maintain a steady insulin levels throught the day.

As long as you are are not going over your Calorific intake for the day theirs no harm in it.
But of course it just depends on how you want to go about it. If three meals a day is more comfortable then keep going at it :)

Last edited:
I'm eating probably between 7:30am and 7:30pm - having brekkie before I go to work (usually shreddies or low cal jam on toast with a yoghurt), one snack at 10:30-11:00 (nutrigrain bar, frozen yoghurt and grapes, houmous on rice rakes etc), lunch at 1:00 (sandwich and apple usually), snack at 3-3:30 (snack a jacks, apple, 3 squares of chocolate etc), then tea between 7-7:30 as don't get home from work till 6:30. I have my mid morning snack as my higher calorie one so after lunch I'm only eating 480 cals in total with a snack and tea x

This is pretty much what i am doing now, I was getting fed up of counting points, counting syns etc, Now i eat what i want in smaller portions, Spread over the day into smaller meals. I also am more active now and i drinking lots of water, Listening to my body and establishing if i am hungry and bored and after hitting a brick wall for a few weeks the weight is starting to come off again x

That's a really big help thanks all of you!!
I'm struggling with my last "snack" I'm gonna have in the evening, want something low carb high protein but I'm vegetarian, and ideally want something sweet to stop me raiding the cookie jar, I was thinking maybe a protein shake? Anyone tried any? They just scare me coz the all say like "get big" "pro-gain" and stuff but that obviously for the muscle building side of it! I heard they were good for muscle repair and this would be handy as I would be having after my run/workout! Anyone know any good uns? x

Protein shakes are great for adding that extra bit of protein and its convenient on the go.
If you drink the proper kind and as long as you are meeting your calorific intake for the day they are very good for snacks and accompaniment to a meal.

I would suggest for an Isolate protein shake
and i would only get it in the big tubs or pouches of dry powder they come with as it works out alot cheaper than premade bottles of shakes and could contain hidden sugars.

They contain scoops that holds a max of 25g of protien powder.
Each 25g of Good isolate protein contains 100Kcal. 1.8g of Carbs, 1g of Fat, 19g of protein. + loaded with BCAA's and ammoacids

Thats normaly the case for all brands of good isolate, but will be some diffrences in nutritional content depending on what brand you choose.

They also come in a big range of different flavours which is great if you are looking to surpress you're sweet tooth.
Not sure if am allowed to suggest a good brand, but i do recomend googleing around and you should find what you need. :)

I think a lot is listening to your body I probably have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.. I have breakfast... Lunch... Snack... Dinner... Snack an it seems to work for me :)

Thanks! Strawberrymadness you gave me loads of helpful information! Might play it safe and go for Soya protein so I know it's veggie!! They dont put in the labels if its vegetarian, so frustrating! Do you know where is good to buy them? Holland and Barrett? x

Thanks! Strawberrymadness you gave me loads of helpful information! Might play it safe and go for Soya protein so I know it's veggie!! They dont put in the labels if its vegetarian, so frustrating! Do you know where is good to buy them? Holland and Barrett? x

You can get good Soy protein isolate from a place called myprotein
I would not recomend holland and barrett as they tend to be abit pricy on what is an inferior product.
not saying that its bad, only that you can get much better much cheaper.

Kayleehollie said:
What times are you eating? Coz I heard you shouldn't eat after 7 but don't wanna squeeze it all in between 8 and 6 kinda thing x

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the time of day you eat - I eat over half of my 1500 cals a day between 8pm and 10pm, I simply couldn't cope with not eating after 7pm! (I've lost 5.5 stone so far, so something's working, lol.)

I don't really count calories, I eat whatever time I want to, but one thing I do try to do is to eat small many times a day rather than big few times a day. If I did count calories and I had for example 1500 to spare, I'd use about 200 in the morning, 500 for lunch, 100 for snack, 500 for supper and 200 for evening snack.

Back