Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

V good for ur loss. I drink any that's on offer at sainsburys or asda but try to stick to the lowest carb count. It helps much more than plain. They are litre bottles and usually 4 for £1.50.

Ur headache might be due to lack of water or just adjusting to less calories. It's ok to take pain relief.

Last night I was starving. Had to stay up late as hubby was going away to work at 3am. So body clock went bit haywire! X

thanks, i am pleased, gives me extra strength to carry on lol. regarding the flavoured water, i had heard that you can't have anything with citrus in it, because it takes you out of ketosis???
When you have to stay up really late could you have an extra shake? a lot better than eating food. I am having 2 shakes and a meal replacement bar, so having 4 shakes would be ok.

Yes it says in the blurb that 3-4 shakes. I tend to have vanilla last as it seems thicker than the rest. I dnt think the small amount of 0.4 will make that much difference. As we are effectively eating less than 800cals a day and that would still aid weight loss. When I read Atkins it said induction was 25gms. I dnt think we are near that.

Today I am trying just plain water. One 500ml bottle every 2 hours. It seems to be an easier target as realistically you can drink it in that time. X

Yes i also pour my water into 500ml bottles, i know its odd but it makes it seem more manageable lol.
Went down to asda this morning and bought some flavoured water, it looks ok, as it has malic acid rather than citric acid, thought i would dilute it with sparkling water, and just have a glass a day.

Not doing so bad today, no headaches, yay lol. Have bought some Marigold Bouillon, which is a vegetable stock powder, you're allowed one or two cups a day. I have found it a great help, had one about 12.30 to 1pm, so then could have my shake at 2.30. Had my bar at 6pm with a cup of tea with a splash of milk (am allowing myself that lol) on my 3rd 500ml bottle, so 1 and 1/2 to go also. I cut my bar up to numerous tiny pieces, so it lasts longer ha ha X

Your doing really well. Never thought of a bouillon stock cube. Might give them a whirl. It was strange going shopping today and not getting any food cept water. It's much easier with Tom being away dnt have to cook yay or make his lunch. Just have to do the dogs veggies at tea time. I took him for a slow walk round our local park for an hour and half. I wanted to walk faster but he is a pug and likes go go at his own pace! But it was exercise if sorts. Tomorrow I will go for a short bike ride bout 30 mins to an hour. Problem is where I live is loads of hills so get half way up then have to push. Ha ha x

Good for you, exercise and no food:eek: ha ha. All the exercise i am getting, is walking up and down stairs a hundred times a day,(well it feels like it lol)
I'm the same, the only food i have to prepare is putting cat food down, and I'm not THAT hungry lol. Loads of hills where i live as well.
Of to town tomorrow with my mother and sister, usually have lunch out,:eek: but am taking my bar, so will have a cup of tea, with it, whilst they are scoffing lol.

Well last shake done for the night and Clyde (my pug) is wanting to retire for the night. So am off to bed too.

We live in a bungalow so I dnt have the exercise of the loo trip upstairs ha ha x

Enjoy your shopping trip and bar. I did take a packet out withe on Monday but trying to tip the powder into the bottle was not a good idea. Think I only got half a drink!

By the way am Jax and live in sunderland. Guessed your Jeanette.

Nite

Hi Jax, Yes I'm Jeanette lol.
I am from south wales. Lol at you trying to pour your powder into your bottle:D another 1/4 lb gone, i know, i know, no more weighing till Sunday lol:D

Hi Jeanette good for you. If you get a boost from weighing go for it. I'm getting weighed tomorrow at WW. I paid for a monthly pass and it comes out of my bank direct so it's an expensive hobby just to get weighed but it is spurring me on. Mind set is that I need to do it or I will cheat and I don't trust my own scales .

We have friends down in South Wales in Pentre Meurig.

What is making u want to loose this time?

2 years ago I was a 12 very active and a runner. Then I hurt my leg and had an op. I just began to eat and eat and couldn't do anything. I can see it now how unhappy I was a vicious circle.

We go away every year to Corfu and our friends couldn't believe the size of me not that they were horrible. But I couldn't wouldn't do anything. No swimming no horse riding no running. I never want to be like that again it was the saddest holiday ever. So this year I've promised to do something to change it.

Sorry for the story. Just thought you might want to know x

Jax

Hi Jax,
Yes i know exactly how you feel, lost over 5 stone on the Cambridge diet a couple of years ago, then found out my brother-in-law had terminal Cancer, and what with taking him back and fore the hospital, i came off it without doing it properly, just ate sandwiches etc and anything else to hand in the hospital. so now have to lose it again Grrr.
Going on Holiday with the girls in July, so want to be a bit thinner by then, so thought i would do sole source for 4 weeks, then add a meal for a week, then 2 meals the following week, so by the time i go i am at least eating normal meals, so crossing my fingers lol. Hopefully go back on it when i come back.
I love Greece, when are you going?

We go 26 August til 25 September. A whole month of glorious weather. So this year I need to get my act together. Last year I missed out on so much as I was so worried bout my weight it made me miserable. I love swimming off the boat and horse riding a few times a week. Last year I wouldn't even go to the stables and swimming made me paranoid bout being seen in a cossy :(

Even to be a few stone lighter will make me happier and less concious.

I know I won't be able to run up in the hills but I'm going to use a bike everyday to go to the next village for Toms bread.

You are in the right frame of mind to get a good start on your diet for your hols. You can do it if you did CD. U looked into it before this but boy is it expensive. I didn't think I could do these shakes but am adamant.

So here's to me and you slimmer and trimmer in the future. X

A whole month!!!!!!!:eek: i am really jealous now lol

Yes i did find it expensive, that's what put me off trying again, but when i saw the price of "Shake that weight" i thought right, this is it lol.

I know i probably shouldn't have the slimfast bars, but i need something to chew, and for when i go to town for the day,

Yes, you will probably be at least 3 to 4 stone slimmer by then, so half way at least. X

I do the 4 shakes a day and I'm fine with that I'm drooling at the thought of a slim fast chewy choc bar :)

I wanted so much to eat Clyde's tea tonight chicken and veg!! The smell of the chicken cooking was heavenly. So I decided to clean the bathroom actually scrubbed it from top to bottom. That must have burned a few calories!! Ha ha. Even done the passage washed all paint work and the floor then did it again with the vac steamer.

Now I've done kitchen drawers and ready to start on the cupboards. Having a break with banana shake.

Yes we go to kassiopi on Corfu every year. Been for last 10 years so we have lots of friends who go at same time. Our friends from S Wales go out at yhe ssmetime. Toms 2 sisters are coming out with us for 2 weeks then they go home and my best mate and his boyfriend are over from the 9th.

Where are u and your mates going?

Kassiopi, its lovely there, haven't stayed there but passed through.

Probably go to one of the Balearic islands, haven't booked yet, looking for best price lol.

I'm off for a meal on monday for my sisters birthday!!!!! all the family is going, so couldn't pull out, so thought i would have chicken fillet and green salad, tell them no coleslaw or cheese lol.

Wish i had your energy!!!!! will have my last shake shortly, a vanilla one, they're ok, but prefer the strawberry and banana shakes.

Ha ha it's not energy it's keeping me from thinking bout food! Well I did the kitchen top to bottom emptied fridge cupboards etc from stuff I wouldn't remotely eat any other time. But olives where crying out eat me eat me and by god I would have!

That's a good idea just to have the chicken salad.and I know you will pass on the bread and dessert. Don't knock yourself if you can't manage it after all it is a one off and you can easily correct it next day.

I like the vanilla for my last one too.

I used to go to Majorca when my daughter was young we loved it. Alas when we could go to Ibiza I felt ancient ha ha.

Have a good night xx

Jax

BREAD!!!!!!!!!! you don't need to be nasty lo :D I know what you mean about Ibiza, mostly it seams like they are just kids!!, i know, I'm showing my age now ha ha.

Nite niteX

Thanks Jeanette. I dnt know why I'm nervous but I am! Ha ha. The bewitching time is 11.30 so will let u know how it goes.

I'm not a bread fan but Tom only likes real bread not sliced with lurpak. Hence on hols I will do the bread run in bike. I used to do my morning run then go to the village bakers for his loaf all hot and bready smell.

Nikolai the backer used to make every sort of cake under the sun. Little and huge gateaux! Shut up woman ur hallucinating. Aaaaarrrgggghhhh

Think swimming cossy! Think THINK :)

Back