Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

hi all. well i'm ready to join in :)

my name is emma. i am 32 married with 4 children.2 daughters aged 6 and 10 months and 2 sons aged 4 and 2.
i have tried some different diets but get bored quickly lol. anyway i am armed with my shakes,ketosis sticks and a plan lol.

i started my shakes today and have had a banana one for breakfast and a strawberry one for lunch (actually quite nice) and i am having 2 scrambled eggs and a rasher of bacon for tea.

i might be on here for lots of support ladies so please bear with me x

i am a daily weigher cos i have to be else i give up. this morning i weighed 14 st 1.2 lbs.

here goes................

Hi Jax, yes off to town with my mother and nephew, sister is a bit under the weather today. hope you feel better today. D day tomorrow Jax? hope you have a good loss.

Hi Emma, I am on 2 shakes and a slim-fast meal replacement bar. Have lost so far 9lb last week (weigh on a Sunday) I also weigh more often than i should :D, and weighed today and i had lost 2.75 lb. very pleased if its right. when is your weigh day?

hi jeanette, officially i will be weighing on a wednesday as i started today :) very exciting.

*snip*

feeling really positive about things actually. the good thing is i use to weigh 15st 7 before i had the kids so i cant moan ;) so any wieght lose is a plus for me.

your stats are great well done huni x u must be thrilled with such rapid results x

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks i am, put it on really easy, but don't normally lose it like this. When i was on Cambridge diet before, which is a very similar plan, i lost about 6lb the first week, which i thought very good, but losing 9lb, i nearly fainted lol:D

You will find that after a few days, you won't really be hungry, the worst part for me is the water lol

Hi Jeanette Hi Spice

Yeah feeling bit better today but still cold and shivery and throats still bit sore.

Can I just say something that I don't mean to offend Spice but I thought that ****** was a banned substance? You have to be careful as over use can make u very hypersensitive and anxious. Not to mention disruptive to sleep pattern. Sorry that's the nurse in me coming out.

Anyway I wish you luck. How are you going to do the plan shakes and a meal. Or like Jeanette shakes and replacement bar? I do 4 shakes a day. Jeanette can vouch I drink litres of water . I found the water consumption hard at first but now I guzzle it all day and save few warm drinks for nights. Like herbal tea, black decaf coffee and Jeanette's suggestion of margin old veg bullion stock.

Yes weigh day on Thursday morning.
When I put my jeans in today they are v loose round the waist so had to keep stopping and yanking them up when I had Clyde round the park. Felt like those young lads who wear the jeans round their backside ha ha x nice feeling for a change :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jax and spice.

Glad you are feeling a bit better a least. I might buy some herbal tea, what do you recommend? Are there any fruit ones we can have?

I know what you mean about clothes, i had some jeans on today, i thought i had jodhpurs on, they were so baggy at the thigh area lol:D
tried a jacket on that a couple of weeks ago was miles too tight, and can do it up, but still tight and pulling at the bust (hoping for bust to shrink dramatically!!!!)

I tend not to like the fruit ones tho the apple and cinnamon and lemon snd ginger is nice. I think most of the fruity ones should be ok if you just have 1 or 2. Green tea with lemon is nice too. But I stick to liquorice nettle mint or cinnamon mostly done by twinnings but sainsbury and asda usually do their own brand.

If this sore throat hasn't gone by Friday I will ask my Gp to have a look as I'm there for my check up in Friday for my leg/ meds check.He also wants to see how the diet is going so far as I had discussion about it with him last month. He is really good and was willing to ok me for the 4-5 shakes total replacement. So will prob get bloods and stuff done again :(

Isn't it good to get stuff on again comfortably! My quilted jacket was really tight but still squeezed into it:( now it fits nicely even with today's jumper :) :) I must have looked like a burst black pudding before it ha ha x

Ha ha that conjures a picture lol:D

Yes i would ask him if it persists. Thanks for the help will try some, will let you know. Can't wait for tomorrow i bet?

hi both,

jaxkar, to be honest i dont think i'll use it unless i dont lose any weight with just the normal plan. yeah ur right it is banned, however, its stupidly easy to find.

i just ate my eggs and bacon, was bloody yummy lol. so thats day 1 complete i will defo be weighing tomorrow. :rolleyes:

reckon i'll have lost at least 2 lb (water) but hey its a start.

oh be looking forward to ur weekly weigh in results tomorrow x x

Making me jealous now lol, Bacon and eggs Mmmmmmm :D

Glad to see that it's not only me who isn't a water fan, i usually only have tea, and that's about 5 mugs a day.

Hi spice

I dnt mean to preach it is totally your choice but there are herbal stuff available at chemists etc. honestly water will fill u up and there are days when you really feel hungry but it is a good sign last week I kept busy by scrubbing the house from top to bottom for 2 days to take my mind off it and it worked. When my husband was home I was cooking him 3 meals a day! It was hard am not kidding.

Bacon and eggs is good but steak and eggs would be better less fat in steak. Try and look at the carb value as it will work better with your shakes x

Will let u and Skinny Twinny Jeanette know after tomorrow weigh in.

Take care. Jax

Now i like that Jaz, skinny twinny, rofl ha ha :D you are my friend for life now, you can't get away ha ha

Yes Emma, Watch the carbs, protein, IE chicken, steak or fish and either salad or veg, i was told, was better if you are having a meal with your shakes.

Ha ha Jeanette you will be super shapely in July x bet those gaping trousers off last week will only have an inch gap now :)

Emma I love Pepsi max but I only have a glass now honest convert to water. Think am putting as much back into the water supply as what I'm drinking of it. I've got 7 500ml bottles and a 1 litre bottle. As I drink them I put them on the bench starting with the litre. They are now usually all gone by 6-7pm. And sometimes I might have bit more!! Ha ha x

Stick to the decaf coffee/herbal teas/stock later on when I need to warm up.

Night ladies xx

Morning ladies

Well it's W day again. I've been peeing all morning the same as its doing outside! Let u know how I get on later. Why do I feel nervous? Ha ha xx

hi both,

jaxkar, to be honest i dont think i'll use it unless i dont lose any weight with just the normal plan. yeah ur right it is banned, however, its stupidly easy to find.

i just ate my eggs and bacon, was bloody yummy lol. so thats day 1 complete i will defo be weighing tomorrow. :rolleyes:

reckon i'll have lost at least 2 lb (water) but hey its a start.

oh be looking forward to ur weekly weigh in results tomorrow x x

MiniMins does not allow or support the use of banned diet products on the forum or talk of them...I have edited your posts!

well done Jax, that's fantastic, especially as it's your second week. 12lb in 2 weeks??? You'll be the skinny Minny not me lol:D
Hope your cold is better as well? going to wait till i lose another 7lb till i try trousers on lol

Welcome Mummymelling, the more the merrier, hope you are going well on your first day?

Hi Jeanette, Emma and Mummy Melling

Yes got a bit of the cheesy grin going today. I'm def getting my throat checked out tomoz it's really sore today. Probably didn't help it getting wet walking the 2 mile to get weighed ha ha :(

I see we got a reprimand from big bro for talking naughty. Today am def having a lazy afternoon but am going to sort out my Wii fit out of the cupboard and do a few things on it. Change of activity might help with toning up :) that's my challenge for this week. Walk once a day or ride my bike and at least 30 mins on Wii x

Back