Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Yes Jax, was very pleased, only thing is, will i put more weight on next week???? being paranoid now :D

Considering i am only going 5 days, i have enough clothes, was taking my small suitcase but couldn't get everything in :D, never mind at least i haven't got to weigh it lol.

Well of to have an early nite, up early tomorrow, will try to talk to you next week, but will probably speak next Friday, as my phone plan won't be upgraded till the 15th so no free internet on my phone :(

Have a good week all, pink i hope you won't be too naughty? :D Jax i know you will be good, you set an example for us all :)

Hi ladies, iv been on shake that weight for 5 days (today being the 5th) and have already lost 10lb. I feel fine, I guess it's because I knew what to expect havin tried Cambridge last year (twice!) the shakes are much nicer on STW! I'd really like to join this thread and chat with you all to keep motivated! I have a wedding in 3 weeks and I'm currently 13st 7lb and would like to be in the 12's! Well done so far everybody on your journeys, I just spent an hour reading through this thread :) x

Hi Shorty

Welcome to the madness. Unfortunately this will be a quiet week as Jeanette is away til Friday. She is now off shakes and doing all meals.

Pink is away til Wednesday. She was doing shakes and the odd meal.

I'm Jax and on total 4 shakes til start of August then will be adding a meal and loosing a shake . I get weighed on a Thursday. I only weigh once a week but sime off the girls do it more often.And every 3-4weeks get checked by my Gp.

There are a few others who check in ocassionally.

Well done on your loss.

X

trust me to choose a quiet week! :)

I just made my hubby and little boy jacket potatoes with egg mayo and ham salad. It's day 5 yet I had to resist keep putting things in my mouth. Made me realise though that I must pick alot when cooking. I.E putting things in my mouth to taste, little bits left over etc, too much on little mans plate. All adds up.

How much weight have you lost now jax? My biggest was 14st 13lb just after my first baby, had my second 19weeks ago and seemed to hover around 14.5 all the way through. Just really wish I could kick this bad habit of yo yoing!

What things have you done to keep yourself motivated? X

I'm on day 6 and no loss on the scales today, a bit disheartening but I was expecting it.

Think I'm struggling mentally today. I keep telling myself that there are 2 kinds of hard, the first hard is being fat, being unhappy, not wearing what I like and wondering wether people are sniggering and laughing at me, the second hard is the hard work you need to lose the weight and ultimately feel better about all these things, I guess the battle inside between fat me and skinny me is going at it today! Fat me is like "come on seriously 6 days no food - you will die. Honestly." And the skinny me is like "yeah six days, and I'm going to do another 6 because I want to feel good this summer so pipe down fatty!"

Lol sorry. I'm just surprised its day 6 that I have hit the mehhh wall. I don't feel hungry. It is literally the emotional stomach not my physical one!

Sian how have you been doing? X

I started last monday and completely failed and so this week I'm back 100% last week it was my mums 50th birthday so we had lots of celebrations. This week however I have nothing planned so I'm back on track.

I know how you feel, I don't feel hungry but my mind keeps telling me its time for food, so I've just got to put that to the back of my mind. I'll get there. How are you finding it Shorty?xxx

Morning girls I'm on week 10 now and up to last Thursday I had lost 32lb.

Yes iv had the odd meal out but stick to protein based meal. No sauces no starches. First week was nightmare as hubby was home and had to cook his meals everyday. Plus my dogs tea. But when he went away it was much easier. He is home Friday for few days so I will be on guard.

I don't have a problem necking 4litres of water, often a bit more. I also have a coffee and liquorice or peppermint tea. No milk.

I now walk about 5 miles a day and this week have started light aerobic toning DVD.

Feel free to ask questions or even have a rant if you need it.

X

Sian

I've got the backing off my Gp who regularly checks me out.

I used to be very fit and active then I had an accident and broke my thigh bone in two places. So most of last year I was very inactive infact not moving and eating. My annual hol last year was a nightmare one I'd like to forget. And yet I still put of loosing anything til feb this year when I half hearted started WW. I really struggled and used to give up every few days. So I chatted to Gp and asked if I could do a sole source. He agreed but only if I had 4 shakes but he would monitor it. I have roughly 2 more weeks if sole source then add a meal and miss a shake. I go away last week in August for a month. So I'm going to do Atkins meals.

I was on Thursday 15.1 but only get weighed once a week. Never look at the scales any time at home.

First few weeks are the hardest keeping active around meal times but now it's 2nd nature. There are times when I miss eating but it's not hunger just missing it.

There that's my rough story x

Just keep checking in Sian normally someone will answer. Even if you feel like eating just text a message. Have a water or herbal tea it's harder when you have meals to make. I cook for the dog fish/chicken and veg nearly every day. But find it easy to resist now.

My OH is home on Friday so will be cooking his meals til he goes away on Sunday/Monday. Plus have my mate over for Sunday lunch so it's cooking the works real roasties Yorkshires joint. But I might have small lunch if meat and veg. As I dnt drink or rarely I dnt have to do the alcohol bonus :)

I have pcos and suddenly about a month ago my periods returned (woohoo) but I seem also to suffering with really bad depressive episodes :( iv just booked an appointment with my GP to get some help, I have two children and its not fair on them or my husband to be feeling so miserable for more days than I feel happy. I know it's my hormones but its not right all the same.

Having a good day on the diet today but bad day in mood :( feel like crap to be honest. I just sat and cried on the bus home and a very nice kind lady said excuse but you look like you could do with some me time, (gave me her card) and offered me a free treatment any time I wanted which obviously made me cry some more. The kindness of strangers at times is overwhelming. What a lovely woman.

Ah sorry for the depressing moan. Wish I could snap out of it. Xx

Shorty your Gp should sort you out or offer counselling. Do you think it is wise for you to start a diet like this when your are feeling emotionally unwell as this will add to the vicious circle of low mood.

When I was nursing (retired psych nurse) we tried to keep to a normal routine going. Encouraging some extra activity ie walking is beneficial to health and well being along with medication should your Gp prescribe it.

Take care of you Hun you need to be well in yourself first. X

I'm 5ft 4" and currently weight is 13st 7lb, so although overweight not enough for my GP to really encourage this diet.

I have a treadmill, and I enjoy using that always makes me feel good but know exercise isn't recommended for two weeks on VLCD.

I'm going to see my GP on Tuesday and see what they suggest or can do. Wondering wether my baby blues have kicked in now. Little man is 19 weeks today. Everything is still a bit haywire I suppose.

I have 10 days worth left of my packs so I'm at the very least going to see that through and perhaps re-assess everything and see how I feel.

It's also hot, iv got a 3.5 year old and 19 week old to pander too and entertain, I think sometimes it all gets on top of me.

Atleast I didn't come home and start devouring food lol. Every cloud!! :) x

Ok shorty but take it easy dnt over do stuff. As you know your body is still adjusting after pregnancy.

I dnt want to sound critical but you had me worried.

Take care .

Occasionally I do get bored with them but I remember why I'm doing them. As I said earlier I try to occupy myself so I'm not clock watching for meal beaks. I go out a few times a day like walk to town or to the farthest supermarket. In the beginning it was hard with Tom being home but now iv got my routine.

Last Thursday I went to baby shower and ate protein based snacks but didn't have last shake.

Back