Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

EEh Jeanette your getting good not weighing before today :)

Shoebe isn't it an awful feeling when you haven't done enuff or missed something glad its not just me :)

Good luck girls x

Mornin Cudnt face d scales this mornin Have asked my OH to reset dem as d program is wrong ... Age etc so he's goin to google it and sort dem 4 me plus has agreed 2 weigh me every Thurs morn 2 support me :) yeah Plus Im goin to post my stats at d bottom of d page 2 keep me on d straight and narrow
5km done Will do d other 5km this pm
Bfast ... Made a MIM .. Yummy Ud swear it was bread (why havent I tried dem b4?) and had a fried egg (fried in coconut oil) on top Absolutely stuffed
Have a gud 1 girls

Well got weighed and lost 4lb am mega chuffed puts me in the 12s yes!

That's good of your hubby Shoebe. How thoughtful.

Iv got my best mate coming over for natter and tea. Not seen him since we came back from hols. Excited xxx

Hi, I hope you don't mind me popping into your thread, I've just done my first week with shake that weight & was looking for people to chat to who are doing likewise, I'm being a bit mean to myself and doing Total Food replacement for at least one more week!

Are you doing TFR or are you following the plan with an evening meal & snacks? I'm wondering what my weight loss would be like with an evening meal :-/ We've got three little ones who I'm having to cook their family dinner :'( torture! (I also make c*kes but the less said about that the better)!

I'm getting married next September & off to try some more dresses on next Saturday, have managed to lose almost 2 stone since January with a combo of Slimming world and now this, I'm needing that sudden boost that I know can only really come from a VLCD, was over the moon to lose 9lb last week, but missing something to chew.... any advise tips etc will be VERY gratefully received,

Mel xxx

Welcome Meez .. 9lbs is a fantastic loss after one wk ... Plus losin 2 st already is mighty!! Ders nothin bigger than Ur weddin day 2 make ya slim so lucky u havin Dat as Ur goal!
U cud substitute a shake for a high protein meal ie chicken breast with a green salad or perhaps a Ultra Slim meal replacement bar (available in Tesco)
Besta luck .. Ur off 2 a super start!

Congrats Jax... Dats super Ur in d 12's .... 12lbs in 2 wks doin Atkins is fantastic! Chuffed 2 bits 4 u!!
Hope Ur ok Jeanette! Onwards and downwards :)

Hi everyone, well I put on 10.5 lbs on holidays:( not surprised, as am feeling really bloated. Back on the shakes today tho.
Jax thats marvelous news, ur losing more weight on atkins than shakes!!!
Shoebe, yes having ur hubby to weigh u will make a difference.
Welcome mel :D, I am doing exante at the moment, but did shake that weight first. I like their shakes, they r very creamy, especially with ice added. I changed to exante only because they hav hot meals, soups, and meals like sheherds pie and spaghetti bolognaise etc

Bet Ul lose Dat and more this wk... As its all water so Dont worry Jeanette!! Hope u njoyd what u ate so have no regrets!

I feel like I've spent the last 8 years dieting! I lose most of my weight then put it all back on again, I'm hoping to finally hit target so I can have a go at maintaining for a while! I'm 13st 7lbs now & although anything below 12st 7lbs would be wonderful, I'd love to be 11st 7lbs for my wedding. Although in reality I'd just like to look in the mirror & like my reflection!

I had a bit of a booboo this week, was a bit late ordering my next weeks supply of shakes & I ran out!! So I went down to boots and got some atkins shakes in chocolate & a couple of celebrity slim bars & between them they've knocked me out of ketosis, so feeling a bit deflated about that and hoping the scales will still be kind, meanwhile I'm feeling rubbish :sigh:!

Jeanette I'm sure the holiday weight will fall off you, it's not real weight afterall! Besides if you're going on holiday you have to enjoy it!! The shakes really do taste lush!

Shoebedoo what plan are you following? xxx

Hi everyone,
Mel, if you run out of shakes, the tesco ultra slim bars are ok to have, as they are the same nutrients as exante VLCD bars. don't knock yourself out about ketosis, you did the best you could, and i shouldn't think it will do any harm.
Thanks, i am now back on plan, and as Jax will tell u i am a daily weigher :eek: :D have lost 2lb this morning so hopefully, will see a good loss this week.

Hi Mel... Fair play gettin back on d wagon .. Im Tryin Atkins at d mo ... Have some shake Dat weight shakes that I might try again Did find I was gettin dizzy spells ... Im quite active so need food ... Tryin to shift 1 to 1 1/2 st ..
.. Did LLL 4 yrs ago... Lost 2 st 3 lbs ....(bringin me from 12-3 to 10 st.... Did Exante last yr and shifted a stone quite quickly bringin me down to 10st ... Currently up and down btwn 11-2 and 11-12 .... Id Luv 2 b 10-7 again as clothes fit better .... Willpower isn't gr8 in d evenings ... OH munchin biscuits doesn't help plus I help my kids (10 and 81/2) to eat der treats... Such a gud mother... NOT!

Faced d scales this mornin ... Weigh 11-8 ... So aiming to shift some by WI on Thurs!! Now that d scales is fixed it tells me my body fat and how much water that's in my body ... Body fat is 32%.... So gotta work on replacing fat with muscle ... Tis no wonder so much wobbles when I jump up and down!!! Cringe!! TG 4 Bridget Jones knickers ... As they help stop some of d wobbling!!
Off 2 d dentist today for another filing and to get my teeth cleaned ... EUR120! Oh 2 have a money tree! Hope yer all winning!
Have a gr8 wkend! Shoebedoo x

Hi everyone, shoebe, poor u, hate the dentist, what I hate isn't the injection but the numbness u get after :(
Like me put it all behind u and a fresh start :)
Off to morrisons, a bit dull looking outside today.

Fab Thank you - Tesco Ultra Slim, I'll remember that! I've just ordered some slim and save bars, as it will feel like a nice evening treat!!

I know what you mean about wobbling, I've got a vibro machine (a wedding essential according to my mum), my belly jiggles like crazy! Fingers crossed baby number 3 hasn't destroyed my tummy forever :-( I've got a proper mum pouch now which I didn't get with the first two!!

I think you've all done amazingly!! I'm hoping if I can shift as much as I can, then I'll be able to maintain with slimming world, even now I'm cooking for the family using slimming world recipes, go figure!! Shoebe I am exactly the same, I'm amazed at how long the kids treats are lasting now that I'm not eating them!!! Hope all goes well with the dentist xx

Hi everyone, hope u all doing ok? Hav been picking at some gherkins and a little chicken 2nite:(

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey der... Where did d wkend go 2? Apologies Didnt get on til now... Dentist went grand... Hope dats me sorted 4 a yr or 2! :) How r ye all keepin?
Spent yday at d shops... Stocked up on gloves scarf and a hat as it sure is nippy out but at least no rain Phew Did 3km interval trainin this mornin b4 work Had put on my tracksuit bottoms with d intention of doin more this afternoon when d ph rang and 3 hrs later I got off it 4m my mother. So it Didnt happen as I was Starvin then and ended up eating dinner. Then I rang my MIL ... Chatted for 45 mins ... Did some copies... Then ph rang with a friend on it ... One hr later my ph went dead so that was d end of that... Ill have 2 switch dem off.. Only jokin ...
Made some SF jelly this mornin ... Bought a set of mini jelly holders Dat r fab so at least portion control as I rem when I did WW back in '99 I ate it by d bowl full as it was 'nil points' :) hilarious
and gross at d same time 'Miss Piggy'
Awake since 5... Should've gotten up to exercise but waited til 6.20 ... Very naughty!!

Hi everyone, had to take my dad for a hospital app yesterday, so called in asda living. Bought a top for only 3 pounds:)
AND It was an 18, still big I know :eek: but havent been that size for years :D
Shoebe how r u managing with atkins? Am thinking of trying it when I come off exante. Only thing is I LOVE Bread, so would prob try to make a mim for breakfast. hav u made them yet?

Hey Jeanette ... I find Atkins doable ... Protein is quite fillin ... Still lackin willpower to be 100% ... Im Tryin hard thou...
Yes I made a MIM twice last wk ... And had a fried egg on top ... Delicious if u like bread ...
3tbsp milled Flaxseed
1/4 tsp Gluten free baking powder
1 egg
1 tbsp coconut oil
Mixed together with a spoon and microwaved for 11/2 mins :)
Have u tried dem Jax?
Hope Ur Dad got on ok!
PS Dat was a bargain .. Bargain queen!

Last edited:
Hi shoebe, they sound delicious. how many carbs?
I hav read that if u spread it flat to cook and cut thru middle and add grated cheese, if u then put in toaster bag its delicious:) I better stop, making myself hungry :D

Back