Anyone want to do a success express challenge with me ?

If u were doing success express could u have the speed soup as part of a meal?

Speed soup is really just made from only speed foods, so as long as you have the ratio of free 1/3 (beans) to superfree 2/3 (veg) then it will be ok.

Hi Teresa - and friends.

I'm in.
I need a kickstart to get back to target.

I have a couple of days this week that may be a bit dodgy, but I'm going to aim for 4 SE days this week.
Today's a slightly dodgy day, and having been SOOOOO bad for the last few weeks, I should be doing well if I just stay on plan.
But tomorrow: SE all the way. I'll post my meal plan later.

I WILL get back to target!

But doesn't it have a lot of beans in it and parsnips if i remember right so would be more than 1/3 free foods Unless it has alot more veggies than i remember you would still need veggies on the side.

Just don't put as many beans in and add in more of other speed foods. I never add parsnips as don't like them, they are not even a speed food anyway so not sure why they are in the recipe :confused: It is true that beans are superspeed and vegetables are speed but it would still work with less beans.

i've got my sausage casserole in the slow cooker - smells delicious.

Good morning everyone how are you doing with your success express.

I am enjoying it but not sure my hubby is enjoying the errrm 'windiness'

Todays plan

breakfast
HUMONGOUS fruit salad

lunch
quorn lamb grill (think this is free)
bns chips or mash lots
green beans or broc depending what is in the freeer

dinner
oat scan bran (heb)
low low cheese spread (hea)
tomatoes
beetroot (lots)
cucumber

Tomorrow is weigh in and really really really want to lose that pound to get me back in target range.

Whether I do it or not tomorrow will be green or SE then depending whether I am in target or not will shape the next week. I think i will carry on doing SE for at least half the week and green the rest until I am back exactly at target. But if i have not lost my pound it will be success express all the way !!

Hiya - I've found it fairly easy as eat a lot of superfree and speed food anyway. Weigh in for me tonight and think I may have a sts from 2 weeks ago but a 4-5lb loss from last thursday(since back from hols)
I will continue for another week I think as like the 2 HEx with EE type meals

Todays plan
B - Crunchy Bran with banana and strawberries

L - Large salad melon

D - Pork (f) pasta (f) mushroom sauce (sf) peppers, courgettes, fine beans, cauliflower, onions

Last edited:
I'll have a go to I'm really thick though and I'm getting confused with the 2/3 so is this over half the plate if super free (fruit or veg) then 1/3 is free so that's your meat ect and all syns are the highest and that's the plan?

Morning all.
Sorry I'm a bit late posting.

Well, breakfast was yoghurt, Grape Nuts (HXB), strawberries and a MAHOOSIVE pile of melon and pineapple.
(It wasn't intended to be split between breakfast and a snack, but it ended up that way, just because a meeting intervened and overran. But the snack bit was only melon and pineapple, so that's ok.)

Lunch is a tin of "Nicoise style salad" (never tried it before but I'll give it a go) - which is tuna, tomato, potato, beans, peppers and olives in a dressing - which at my current best guess will be around 3 syns, but I don't know for sure until I count the olives; with a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bowl of salad: spinach, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, peppers, radishes, beetroob, apple...
And a peach, and a frozen muller light.

If I need to, I'll keep back some carrot and celery sticks, to have as a snack, with some LF hummus (will syn when I know what quantity I've eaten).

Dinner - not sure yet. I thought, to use up my other HXB and some HXAs I might make a wholemeal pizza covered with veg. But I'm not sure I'd actually get enough veg on there, and I might have salad fatigue syndrome by this evening.
So I'm not sure.
But I'd better decide before lunch, because if I'm not going to be able to fit in a HXB with my dinner, I'm going to have to have some ryvitas with my lunch.

Well I think that little lot works ok on SE.
Will someone tell me if it doesnt?

Thanks!

Breakfast
1/3 = 2 boiled eggs & couscous
2/3 = tomatoes & big bowl of mixed frozen fruit (defrosted:D)

Lunch & Tea same
1/3 = couscous
2/3 = peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes

Snacks
2 apples
1 nectarine
fruit & yogurt

I'm off to the cinema straight after work & seeing as OH is working lates I've nobody to make my tea for me:eek: so I made enough couscous etc for lunch & tea.

I've not had my hex's yet but may take a fibre plus bar to the cinema & have another hexb & hexa for supper.

Just eaten a maaaaaaaaasive plate of salad, with some quorn pieces, and about to nom down an apple and some plums. I don't think I'm going to manage to do success express with every meal (haven't managed breakfasts so far - I can't fit in any fruit, as I like to have a big bowl of cereal to use up my hexs and some syns!) but I have with lunches and dinners so far.

My lunch was sooooooooooo good and really filled me up

I had quorn lamb grillers I ate both but one would have probably been enough
a big pile of bns mash
a big pile of green beans and leeks
gravy made with one veggie oxo.

Now the only trouble is i kind of need to eat my tea at 4.30 or 5 as i have a group to take tonight and the other alternative of 8.30 is too late and I am not going to be hungry :-( May take it with me and see if i can eat it before group starts or right after it has finished . I am not ever a fan of eatinglate but especially on wi eve LOL

Morning.
One successful SE day under my belt.
Now for Day 2. (Well, I hope. Only dinner will be potentially dodgy.)

I've got Weetabix & milk (HXA&B) and tons of melon & pineapple for breakfast.
Cherries to snack on if necessary.
"Cheat's veggie curry" (100% pure SuperFree - just frozen veg & a tin of tomatoes and lots of spice!) for lunch, with extra raw spinach and tomatoes, and some scanbran and cheese on the side. And a peach and yoghurt if I need them.
This evening I'm going to try to keep it within the SE criteria, but I've got my mum coming round for dinner, so I need to make my food fit for other human consumption!
I've planned in all my HXs, so it means I only need to fit normal food into this evening. I think I'm going to get some salmon, and have that with new potatoes and a mountain of veg.
I also made some meringues last night, which we can have with 0% Greek yoghurt and a mixture of raspberries, peaches and pineapple.

So my only syns up to that point will be, say, 4 - depending on how many meringues I have.
Which means I can have a glass of wine with my mum.
Yay!

But I do have a question.
Teresa - you're the expert!

I can't find the official "rules" for SE anywhere.
I have seen something, where it says about the HXs that they "can be" part of a main meal.
Which presumably means they can NOT be part of a main meal.
But your destructions at the top of the thread say that all snacks must be super free.
So I'm Konfused.
I thought it was just that you couldn't have standard "free" food as snacks. ie you can't just munch on mugshots, pasta n sauce and all those things which I see people often seem to do.
Presumably you can have syns as a snack, as otherwise you'd struggle to get them in.
Is it ok to have HXs as a snack?
Cos I find it quite difficult to build them in to a main meal. I mean breakfast is ok. But it's almost ASKING me to have a sandwich for lunch, as one of the few ways that I can incorporate a HXB into a main meal.

Please can you help? Can you direct me to some official destructions?

Thanks!

Back