Anyone want to do a success express challenge with me ?

JimofTroy said:
Morning.
One successful SE day under my belt.
Now for Day 2. (Well, I hope. Only dinner will be potentially dodgy.)

I've got Weetabix & milk (HXA&B) and tons of melon & pineapple for breakfast.
Cherries to snack on if necessary.
"Cheat's veggie curry" (100% pure SuperFree - just frozen veg & a tin of tomatoes and lots of spice!) for lunch, with extra raw spinach and tomatoes, and some scanbran and cheese on the side. And a peach and yoghurt if I need them.
This evening I'm going to try to keep it within the SE criteria, but I've got my mum coming round for dinner, so I need to make my food fit for other human consumption!
I've planned in all my HXs, so it means I only need to fit normal food into this evening. I think I'm going to get some salmon, and have that with new potatoes and a mountain of veg.
I also made some meringues last night, which we can have with 0% Greek yoghurt and a mixture of raspberries, peaches and pineapple.

So my only syns up to that point will be, say, 4 - depending on how many meringues I have.
Which means I can have a glass of wine with my mum.
Yay!

But I do have a question.
Teresa - you're the expert!

I can't find the official "rules" for SE anywhere.
I have seen something, where it says about the HXs that they "can be" part of a main meal.
Which presumably means they can NOT be part of a main meal.
But your destructions at the top of the thread say that all snacks must be super free.
So I'm Konfused.
I thought it was just that you couldn't have standard "free" food as snacks. ie you can't just munch on mugshots, pasta n sauce and all those things which I see people often seem to do.
Presumably you can have syns as a snack, as otherwise you'd struggle to get them in.
Is it ok to have HXs as a snack?
Cos I find it quite difficult to build them in to a main meal. I mean breakfast is ok. But it's almost ASKING me to have a sandwich for lunch, as one of the few ways that I can incorporate a HXB into a main meal.

Please can you help? Can you direct me to some official destructions?

Thanks!

Hiya, sorry it gatecrash...

*You can have superfree, healthy extras or syns as snacks
*If healthy extra are used within a meal they do not count in the ratio of 2/3 sf 1/3
free
*If you do a general search there was a post called success express started by mrswilsoncroft & that tells you all the details

Hope that helps x

Yep those are the rules :)

So enjoy your syns and healthy extras when you like, just remember if you snack on something that has different syns for the different plans, always take the highest syn value ie syn a sausage as if it was green and pasta n sauce as if it was red

Today I am having a break from SE and doing an EE day

Breakfast
fruit at weigh in
maybe a hi fi bar too

Lunch
pasta n sauce mac n cheese (2 syns + hea)
leeks
mushrooms

dinner
salad lots of
egg
home made SW potato salad

raspberries and fromage frais at some point too

treat either a flake or maltesers or something else under 10 syns

Will be back to SE tomorrow

Thank you, PunkStar.

That was the other thing I was wondering about. To include the HXs in a meal it would mean needing even MORE super free!

But thank you for putting me right.

Yep those are the rules :)

always take the highest syn value ie syn a sausage as if it was green and pasta n sauce as if it was red

.. and chocolate as if it was chocolate.

Why waste your syns on sausages and pasta n sauce, when there is chocolate and alcohol in the world??

Hello, I'd like to join you!! :D

Planning on having 4 sucess express days by Monday :D going to sit down and plan the menu for the 4 days and another 2 extra easy days before weigh in on Monday.

Todays plan:
B - 2 x alpen light, grapes, cherries
L - Chicken and fruit
D - Chicken stirfry possibly

Sound about right? Don't know where to put my hxA in yet though...hmm?

Last edited:
If it's ok I think I'll join you all beginning of next week I desperately want my 4.5lb gain off (hopefully mostly gone this week :cross: ) & another 10lb if possible by beginning september (for daughters, mine & husbands birthdays & our wedding anniversary) :)

Hi! Do you mind if I join in?
I've started success express today. I've been faffing about for a while now ( think I'm putting myself under too much pressure) Anyway I go away in 3 weeks and would be happy with a loss for each of these weigh ins. How's everyone doing?
I've had weetabix, strawberries and banana for breakfast, I'm having mozzarella and egg salad for lunch and salmon and veg for tea. I've got melon and grapes and a lf yogurt for snacks. I've even measured my milk (which I never do) and have brought it in a bottle to work, so I don't go over. How does that sound for today? I've still got a hex B choice left, will probably have 2 x alpen lights this eve? Any tips or corrections gladly received :Dxx

Welcome to our little group hanna, trixy and punkstar

I lost that pound which considering i went out to eat 3 nights this week I am VERY pleased with and offically back in my target range. NOW to lose 3 to 6 pounds so i am not constantly in danger of going out of my range again.

I said i was not going to so SE today as i fancied pasta n sauce then declared it an EE day so silly when clearly it was a green day !

But i got overheated running this morning and I am not in the mood for my heavy lunch (in fact i am struggling to finish my salad not like me at all :-() so all change and back to SE again. Tomorrow will be the green day !

Breakfast
grapes
hi fi (b)

lunch
Huge salad with homemade sw free potato salad

tea
57 g wholemeal bread (b)
dairylea light (a)
tomatoes
beetroot
cucumber
pepper

raspberries and fromage frais

syns
two small biscuits (2)
flake or maltesers (8 1/2 to 9 1/2)

TrimTrixy said:
No ( correct me if I'm wrong) you can mix red and green as long as 2/3 meal is superfree ie veg or fruit

That's what I thought too :)

Thanks for that.

Gonna give it a go starting tomorrow. WI tonight and dreading it. My weight loss has been gradually tailing off. Real life getting in the way

thanks - well I had gained 2.5lbs but ............. that was in 2 weeks and when I weighed myself on thurs I had put on 5.5 so by my reckoning I lost 3 lbs !!!

todays meals have been
B - Scan bran (HEb), yoghurt (f) frozen berries(sf)
L - large salad, (leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, onions, carrot, beetroot )pork and pasta
lots of melon
D - Can't decide, something with chicken and mushroom sauce ?!?!

1/3 chicken and rice (f) with BNut squash, peppers, fine beans, b sweetcorn and sugar snap peas (all sf)
followed by squidgy choc cake,(1) and fruit, (sf)

Last edited:
Back