Green Days Anyone worry about loose skin when losing weight?

L.i.n.d.a

Fatgirlwannabeslim
Thats one of my biggest horrors..the thought of what happens to my skin as i lose weight. I do have, to be normal, 10 stone to lose, to be slim/skinny 12 stone to lose..Imagine the baggage left behind there...

I think the key is to lose weight slowly, to give your skin time to adjust. It's a bigger problem if you lose weight very quickly.

I worry about this too, but I think I'd be happier and healthier if I weighed less, even if there was a little bit of excess skin. They've shown a few people on Embarrassing Bodies with excess skin, and there are operations available to deal with it if it becomes a huge problem.

Don't worry about it too much, if you can. You're on the right path to do something wonderful for your health and your body :)

Yes, youre right, it is best to go slow.. my ambition in life to wear a bikini...i never have in my life, my skin not so great now as it is... :(

I came across a guy online who said he lost his loose skin naturally. He said it was still more fat he had to lose, which kind of makes sense, since skin is paperthin. The loose skin does normally have fat behind it too. And skin does regenerate every year. He said once he'd reached a good size in clothes, he kept losing fat and a year after, his loose skin was gone. So I guess if you lose weight sensibly and keep going till you're a normal BMI, the skin should retract. Failing that, total body lift lol

Thanks jael lol...yea hope with steady loss thats the case...cant afford an extreme makeover!!! ;)

Back